• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiet withdrawal after tramadol withdrawal

John knott

Greenlighter
I have recently stopped take tramadol after many years 20/30 mg pday and used morphine 54 30 mg capsules and 60/90 codamol 30/500 to help,how long and severe is my withdraw from this crap?i stopped and got the runs all day and lose legs the second day but there has been a big going round so o do know.

The acute withdrawal symptoms usually last 3-7 days, but sometimes can last up to a few weeks, when opioids with long half lives are involed.
However, if you've been taking morphine, the real wd's won't begin until 24-48 hours after the last dose. Hot baths will help with the restless legs, and other muscle aches.

I suggest you try tapering down as far as you can, jumping from a high dosage can be quite unpleasant.

- Hopeless 7nos

you used 30mg morphine capsules to detox off 20-30mg tramadol?
I feel like I'm missing something.

anyway.
taper.
it probably would have served you better to initially taper your tramadol as opposed of jumping instead on to the amount of morphine equivalent to 200mg+ tramadol.

Last edited:
Yes I'm also confused OP, your last sentence especially made little sense to me. You were on a very low dose of tramadol BUT that shit can get on top of you when it's time to quit due to that SNRI property tramadol has.

Did you mean to say there is a big 'bug' going round, making folks sick etc? Like a stomach bug or flu? Cos the runs are most likely just part of your detox and extremely normal. And yeah what's up with the Morphine? Are you supposed to be tapering down to get off opioids and opiates or are you just trying to get by and thought to share?

Yes I'm also confused OP, your last sentence especially made little sense to me. You were on a very low dose of tramadol BUT that shit can get on top of you when it's time to quit due to that SNRI property tramadol has.

Did you mean to say there is a big 'bug' going round, making folks sick etc? Like a stomach bug or flu? Cos the runs are most likely just part of your detox and extremely normal. And yeah what's up with the Morphine? Are you supposed to be tapering down to get off opioids and opiates or are you just trying to get by and thought to share?
Fairly certain He meant He's using the morphine to taper off the tramadol and there's a stomach bug going around, that could be attributing to his symptoms.

- Hopeless 7nos

I'd hope/assume the OP meant 2-300mg per day? The minimal dosage we can get in my country is 50mg caps of Tram, although whilst travelling I've come across 30mg in combination with paracetamol etc.

Still - Tram binds to your receptors like shit to a blanket (excuse my french) - so I can understand and sympathise. However, you're looking at a few weeks of nothing but liquid in the toilet bowl. I also get the concept that you feel it may be a flu/stomach bug going around given the symptoms - which would direct me towards thinking this would be your first opiate w/d? First two times I thought I had the flu, also.

Using an opiate to come off an opiate (synthetic aside), is never really good news - you're going to be left with that rock bottom boredom and physical/mental hardship for weeks once the morph runs out - unless you taper very wisely.

Tramadol is one of the ones that varies GREATLY from person to person - personally, I get minimal w/d's from it - I'm pretty lucky with soft opiates in that regard - never used the needle more than a couple times in my life so I wouldn't know going in that deep.

Get through the electric jolts, depression and general negative aspects of the day-to-day, in 2-3 weeks you'll be glad you stopped.

The worst thing connected with coming of tramadol is the influence tramadol have on ones serotonin and norepinephrine. It can take very long before the brain returns to normal functionality and produce sufficient amounts of serotonin and norepinephrine. Another nasty withdrawal symptom from tramadol is the brain zaps and the restless leg syndrome. Luckily, RLS stops after approximately two weeks while the brain zaps can continue for months. But the influence on serotonin and norepinephrine can take years to normalize for the "unlucky" few. SNRI's can be used to soften these symptoms, but in my eyes SNRI's can actually be worse than tramadol, so the suffering have to be severe before I would even consider SNRI's.

But after 1 to 2 weeks you should be over the worst withdrawals. Make sure to eat healthy and varied and exercise is brilliant as a help to get your own neuroreceptors started again. Furthermore it will make you tired which can minimize restless leg syndrome and help improve your sleep or lack there of.

Good luck, it will be over before you know it and once it is, you will be extremely happy and proud.