• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Opiates vs PCP/Ketamine (painkiller)

Opiates if you want to be functional. PCP and Ketamine are both dissociates so you'll have trouble getting about, and if I'm correct PCP only has pain reducing effects at higher dosages.

They're both pretty effective. I smoked some PCP when I needed to pull my own tooth one time and didn't even feel it.

Yeah I'd say nothing beats a moderate to high dose of PvP for pain killing effects, like white rose said you won't feel anything

Dissociatives tend to be a pretty damn good painkiller if you get the dosage right, I'd rather use them than opioids for moderate/severe pain

If you have to function (ie hold a job)...opiates all the way. Ketamine and PCP works well but you are highly intoxicated...can't drive can't think straight

First off I would cross PCP off your list. In addition to actually being shown to be neurotoxic, it has a lengthy stay in your body (days) comapred to ketamine (hours).
They're entirely different animals.. opiates might disturb or help sleep, they cause a tolerance that comes with physical dependence, and have unparalleled pain "numbing" property when you still feel some of the pain, but it takes on a less significant meaning perhaps.

Something like ketamine, you would forget the pain even exists. But only for a very short while (30min-1hour per full dose). This has been useful for me, in the past, perhaps to take some multiple times over the course of an evening. When not overdone, it has the potential of giving you a mental "rest" in such a way that once it wears off you can have a nice sleep and wake up more refreshed than usual, capable of facing your sober day in a more comfortable state of mind. It's purely psychological though, and unless the pain is merely extremely uncomfortable and not debilitating, it will not work like this. Also, there's a high chance of psychological dependence when it's used in such a way.

A combined approach might be best. To attuneuate your opiate doses in the evening, and perhaps as a better substitute to alcohol or benzos, it can be magnificent as it tends to potentiate opiates.

Ketamine has also been researched for phantom limbs pain and I think there are some positive results with that.

"better" pain killer

Hi,

Which is a better painkiller? Opiates or PCP/Ketamine???

Thanks.

mostly the traditional opiates because the of the lower side effect profile. i've seen ketamine used in low doses (not dissociative) with good results too for people with cancer in their last days who can't get any relief.
PCP does have pain relief qualities but it seems even more risky than ketamine in terms of hallucinations, schizophrenic effects. I don't know much about that one, you could try a small amount if you had to. But I'd start with oxycodone short acting. IF you have chronic pain most people will use a longer acting substance such as oxycontin which is just a slower release oxycodone, or fentanyl patch and then add in the immediate release opiates as needed. You could play around with some small doses of ketamine as needed too.

a lot of this depends on what type of pain you are trying to control.

I've smoked PCP many times and I never experienced schizophrenia from it. It felt just like every other dissociative maybe some more emotion enhancement but other than that it was fine