• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

(Opiates) methadone dose question/overdose caution

closetotheedge88

Greenlighter
So swim has been a heroin addict for the last five years or so, on and off but mostly on, with the longest clean time being maybe 3-4 months in the last five years. Lately swim hasnt been using daily, was clean for about three weeks and recently started using again 4-5 days a week the last few weeks. Swim no longer iv's, only snorts. So thursday-Saturday swim did between 4-6 bags each day, and because of lack of funds was forced to have nothing Sunday and all day today. Started feeling a little sick last night (Sunday night) and starting around 7 this morning before work started getting pretty sick (chills, anxiety, aches, diarrhea, anxiety, etc). To help curb the withdrawals enough to withstand work, swim took 4 2mg immodiums at 8am (8mgs) and around 12 took three more (6mg, for a daily total of 14mg). So after getting off work a friend of swims had a few 10mg methadone pills, and he gave swim two since he was still feeling pretty sick. swim took 1 10mg dose at 7pm, and a half more (5mg) around 9pm. This was swims first time ever taking methadone, so figured this dose was enough to make him unsick but not enough to over do it. It is now 1am, and swim feels fine. No longer sick, but not anything noticeably strong, no nodding, pupils arent even close to how small they from using heroin or any other opiates. Besides just feeling a tad tired (which is probably from the ten hour plus work days) swim feels fine.
Swims question is, as a very anxious person, and after reading about dosing with methadone, swims starting to worry if the dose was still too much somehow, or if the immodium (last taken at noon) will potentiate the methadone enough to cause an overdose, although swim knows loperamide does not cross the bbb. Any one have any experience with a situation like this? Anyone can shed any light? Swim is thinking hell be fine, as said earlier, he feels fine and hardly felt any strong or even moderate effects from the meth besides feeling noticeably unsick. Thoughts?
Thanks in advice guys, this is my first post on here though ive been a reader for years. I apologize in advance if I might of not obeyed any rules and regulations of the board. Thanks again!

"Swim" isn't allowed, just admit it's you.

Methadone is time released in tablet form, which means you aren't going to feel it immediately or even get high as a recreational user.

I have a very high tolerance, but never take more than 30mg a day first few days starting dose. I never stay on dones more than a week.

10mg am
10mg noon
10mg 5pm
Or 20mg am, 10mg pm.
(that's just for me)

Don't mix benzos with dones, can cause RD.

1. If you've been "a reader for years" you should know no one here uses that ridiculous "swim" acronym

2. With a long term habit taking that dose of methadone is fine. Clinics start you at 20-30 mgs when you first go in.

3. You didn't take a very big dose of loperamide, it will not potentiate the methadone

4. You're fine. Go to sleep or whatever you wanted to do. Stop worrying. It's good to be concerned about yourself, but really, with your previous usage and the dose you took, you'll be fine

Yea im fine, thanks for the fast replies guys. Yea I wasnt sure about the swim thing I couldnt remember if it was here or another forum that doesnt use that anymore, some sites still do. Thanks again