• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Opiates? Difference between fetanyl high and a heroin high

Untreated_666

Greenlighter
Can't say I've ever tried heroin, at least to my knowledge. Its all mixed up around here and im pretty sure all there is to find is fenny... So we just call it "down" now bc no one really knows.
However I was wondering what the differences between highs would be. Are they drastically different? Or are they pretty much the same? Which do you prefer?

Yes, they're incredibly different.

Fentanyl is incredibly boring and has very little euphoria (although if you smoke you may get that initial rush) and has severely worse withdrawals due to it's incredibly long elimination half-life with repeated use. With fentanyl it's typically sick, normal or nodding/sleepy/moaning and blackout or zombie like.

Heroin is an incredibly euphoric drug and was quite possibly my favorite high. The warm blanket, cloud 9 feeling and the intense euphoria made it a great combination for me when it comes to opioids.

There is no comparison to how pointless fentanyl is compared to heroin, fentanyl serves one purpose and one purpose alone: getting out of withdrawals for cheap. Either that or for legit pain management during surgery, but recreationally it fails, in my opinion.

Fentanyl- Very sedating with none of the euphoria/dopamine effects that seem to come with more popular opiates. Short duration that quickly raises tolerance and leaves user wanting more.

Diacetylmorphine/Heroin (Pure)- Highly euphoric and actually stimulating/motivating at lower doses. Much longer duration than fentanyl, as well as a much larger dosage needed in comparison.

The one thing I remember about good pure heroin was an almost manic like state it induced, so high and euphoric anything was possible.

Fentanyl is just like being hit over the head with the opioid hammer.

-GC

My experience with heroin was an opiate body high with absolutely no euphoria. I do not understand why that occurs... because for most people on BL heroin the best feeling in the world or at least a rival for that position.

However people also say that fent is a cold and short-lived high... I found it to be incredibly euphoric. Like how heroin is supposed to be I guess? I was itchy and nodding out for a few hours. It was in my opinion the best feeling I've ever gotten from a drug.

The one thing I remember about good pure heroin was an almost manic like state it induced, so high and euphoric anything was possible.

Same! There was that nice spectrum where I could literally feel invincible and go full steam ahead all day long and then, as dosage or purity increased, I could be content sitting on the couch and listening to music or play on my phone for hours just feeling so amazingly good nothing else mattered.

Fentanyl literally had none of that, my memories of it are cold nothingness versus heroin's warm and loving embrace.

That's so bizarre. I was actually buying measured fent pills (you don't have to lecture me on the dangers of this it's in the past lo). The fent was incredibly euphoric and long-lasting. Which makes me think there is new tech up and about. It was to this day the best feeling I can think of.

Why can't one theoretically purchase alot of powder and just accurate measure the doses?

I disagree with alot said. I used heroin for 5 years and at the end fentanyl came about. I got high off fentanyl and it was euphoric.
Most wouldn't know the difference as heroin has been cut for decades.
I prefer heroin because it last longer but i love the initial buzz of fentanyl

Hey.

How's things in the woods?

Yeh listen up: I probably shouldn't even be contributing to this thread for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

The above being said: I guess Fentanyl must do SOMETHING for people otherwise they'd not be using it (as a preference in certain cases as opposed to simply a substitute for Herion).

What is your preferred ROA in order to get that "initial buzz" as you put it (purely for the sake of my own interest but may help to solve the OP's issue on another thread started by the OP on the topic of Fentanyl)?

The woods is peaceful but getting cold in the night.

Most wouldn't know the difference as heroin has been cut for decades.

I respectfully disagree with this. Although, of course heroin has been cut since the beginning, fentanyl was not part of that on the scale it is today. It's only in recent years that the process has normalized and controlled to create a homogeneous solution free of hot spots and the purity levels controlled. And even then it's not perfect, Canada is a shining example of this. The biggest problem with street level fentanyl is the dosing amount is so incredibly important to have any chance of euphoria, and with unknown levels it makes it next to impossible to achieve. There is euphoria from smoking or intravenous use from the initial rush, but it's incredibly short lived and, in my opinion, completely useless when comparing to other opioids. The risk to reward is so offset, since with fentanyl you're getting less euphoria for severely worse addiction and withdrawals.

However, fentanyl has one amazing use, and that's getting out of withdrawals for cheap. And for that, I will forever be grateful that fentanyl came around when it did. But, I mean like microscopic tiny amounts of street level purity to get out of withdrawals, not trying to do 20 mg or more of it to get high.

I’ve noticed a lot saying they liked it often had it in illicit forms, yet many who haven’t had pharmaceutical fentanyl. A lot of fentanyl dope these days is mixed with heroin, so it’s gonna be hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.

I also think it depends on the quality of the heroin in the area as to whether fentanyl is enjoyed or not.

When I was using heroin mainly (06-10 or so) fentanyl dope was very very rare and only really started showing up at the end when I was calling it quits.

All my experience is with the patches which we used smoking, IV, and sublingually. The shit sucks....

I took opiates to work long hours in the cold northern Midwest climate, to socialize and party, to live life happier. Fentanyl just made me nod out, and when in heroin withdrawal I’d still be a yawning tired mess even with fent patches. To us back then they were last resort, I’d rather have a 10mg hydrocodone.

-GC

A lot of fentanyl dope these days is mixed with heroin, so it’s gonna be hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.

This is my assumption when I hear people say fentanyl is euphoric, is that it's probably fentadope, and honestly that stuff can actually be pretty euphoric and extremely strong. This is more than likely what I had that led to my last overdose and near death experience, is it had euphoria like heroin and none of the typical fentanyl effects after sniffing a small line and I made the almost fatal assumption that there was no fentanyl in it (it unfortunately did.). I'll never forget the moment before I went unconscious I was still in the process of exhaling the hit. One of these days I'm going to write up that experience here, it is literally cemented in my memory, it literally terrified to me my core.

I've heard of people, new to opioids, comment favourably on experiences with pharmaceutical fentanyl.

It might not be as euphoric as the poppy derivatives, but it's still a powerful opioid that may well give much more bang for the buck than the cut heroin or overpriced pharmaceuticals available to people.

I guess being opiated becomes a default state for those who have been on opioids for a long time and they aren't really getting the bliss anymore anyway.

Amazing what I’m reading here. I have the total opposite opinion to most of you.

Here’s the deal. If you have the tolerance of a heroin addict/methadone addict, you really won’t notice much difference between them. I still say the fentanyl (the real kind, not the analogues) has much more euphoria because heroin is nothing but a body high anyway.

If you have the tolerance of a pill popper, then it’s a no contest. You can take a fentanyl lollipop, use 10% of it, and the warmest euphoria you’ve ever experienced will wash over your whole body. But it’s not a “nod out” kind of feel good. It’s a get up and clean your house type of euphoria. A finish up your term paper for which you had absolutely no motivation to do before you took the fentanyl. To me, fentanyl is the mother of all opiates.

If I’m being 100% honest, I suspect a big part of why I want to get clean so bad today is so that In a year, when my tolerance is guaranteed to be back to zero, I could get those beautious

I've heard of people, new to opioids, comment favourably on experiences with pharmaceutical fentanyl.

It might not be as euphoric as the poppy derivatives, but it's still a powerful opioid that may well give much more bang for the buck than the cut heroin or overpriced pharmaceuticals available to people.

I guess being opiated becomes a default state for those who have been on opioids for a long time and they aren't really getting the bliss anymore anyway.
No, see? You just made my point. People new to opiates WILL prefer fentanyl. Only way I can see that not happening is if they take too much the first time. Very easily happens. It’s all tolerance related. Once you get to the heroin/methadone level, it don’t matter anyway! No opiates are gonna give you true euphoria, just mainly a body high. But if you get medical grade fentanyl, even with a methadone tolerance, you’ll get ‘some’ euphoria. Just enough to know that you’re not fucking with heroin right now.

No, see? You just made my point. People new to opiates WILL prefer fentanyl
The only point I was making is that, like always, there is no universal answer to which drug people prefer, because preference is subjective, relative and a matter of opinion.

For example, I preferred getting high taking a few dollars worth of codeine over 25 dollars worth of morphine. Some will prefer to rely on pharmaceutical subs/methadone over spending huge amounts of money on cut street-grade heroin, even if the maintenance drugs don't feel as nice.

Some people will prefer fent for their purposes, others like traditional heroin.

I believe the natural opioids are nicer than synthetics and once opioids get too potent they become more sedating, intoxicating and dangerous - but that's just my opinion, from my point of view.

Last edited:
The only point I was making is that, like always, there is no universal answer to which drug people prefer, because preference is subjective, relative and a matter of opinion.

For example, I preferred getting high taking a few dollars worth of codeine over 25 dollars worth of morphine. Some will prefer to rely on pharmaceutical subs/methadone over spending huge amounts of money on cut street-grade heroin, even if the maintenance drugs don't feel as nice.

Some people will prefer fent for their purposes, others like traditional heroin.

I believe the natural opioids are nicer than synthetics and once opioids get too potent they become more sedating, intoxicating and dangerous - but that's just my opinion, from my point of view.
That’s only in the higher dose ranges bro. I’m telling you, if you had a lollipop and just licked a very modest amount you would understand. If only you could understand lol 😂

Some people will prefer fent for their purposes, others like traditional

Naturally all fair points, but let’s be honest it’s only true to a point, isn’t it? I mean, how many people who do their first line of coke aren’t going to be in for a very pleasant delight? It’s bound to be in the 90s percentile, right? As long as they don’t over or under dose, naturally. If the fentanyl made me feel like the opioid version of cocaine at the lower tolerances on modest amounts, I have to believe it will do that for most. The lollipops are the key. But the patches can work as a far second best.

I did fentanyl after heroin. The patches smoked. I got euphoria and that was 5 years after doing heroin.
I think people for the most part brag. Ohh heroin has legs, fent doesn't, don't even make sense. Or the ones who shoot heroin every day but fully functioning 10 years later. The majority lie about drug use

I did fentanyl after heroin. The patches smoked. I got euphoria and that was 5 years after doing heroin.
I think people for the most part brag. Ohh heroin has legs, fent doesn't, don't even make sense. Or the ones who shoot heroin every day but fully functioning 10 years later. The majority lie about drug use

yes, I too receive a very mild euphoria from the blue fentanyl pill RC analogues. I think real deal fentanyl is even more euphoric.It’s all about Having low tolerance and doing small amounts. Pure bliss.

Yes, they're incredibly different.

Fentanyl is incredibly boring and has very little euphoria (although if you smoke you may get that initial rush) and has severely worse withdrawals due to it's incredibly long elimination half-life with repeated use. With fentanyl it's typically sick, normal or nodding/sleepy/moaning and blackout or zombie like.

Heroin is an incredibly euphoric drug and was quite possibly my favorite high. The warm blanket, cloud 9 feeling and the intense euphoria made it a great combination for me when it comes to opioids.

There is no comparison to how pointless fentanyl is compared to heroin, fentanyl serves one purpose and one purpose alone: getting out of withdrawals for cheap. Either that or for legit pain management during surgery, but recreationally it fails, in my opinion.

well said, fentanyl is a horrible, empty drug with little to no euphoria

I've done fent a few times with zero opioid tolerance and it made me incredibly sick, puking, dizzy. I did not feel good at all. Next to no euphoria. Fent is like heroin with no head buzz... it sucks ass

the analogues are even WORSE believe it or not

I guess if you are in legit pain it can be euphoric.... but thats about it