• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Opioids Opiates? Difference between fetanyl high and a heroin high

Untreated_666

Greenlighter
Can't say I've ever tried heroin, at least to my knowledge. Its all mixed up around here and im pretty sure all there is to find is fenny... So we just call it "down" now bc no one really knows.
However I was wondering what the differences between highs would be. Are they drastically different? Or are they pretty much the same? Which do you prefer?

Deru

Moderator: CEPS
Staff member
Yes, they're incredibly different.

Fentanyl is incredibly boring and has very little euphoria (although if you smoke you may get that initial rush) and has severely worse withdrawals due to it's incredibly long elimination half-life with repeated use. With fentanyl it's typically sick, normal or nodding/sleepy/moaning and blackout or zombie like.

Heroin is an incredibly euphoric drug and was quite possibly my favorite high. The warm blanket, cloud 9 feeling and the intense euphoria made it a great combination for me when it comes to opioids.

There is no comparison to how pointless fentanyl is compared to heroin, fentanyl serves one purpose and one purpose alone: getting out of withdrawals for cheap. Either that or for legit pain management during surgery, but recreationally it fails, in my opinion.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Can't say I've ever tried heroin, at least to my knowledge. Its all mixed up around here and im pretty sure all there is to find is fenny... So we just call it "down" now bc no one really knows.
However I was wondering what the differences between highs would be. Are they drastically different? Or are they pretty much the same? Which do you prefer?
Well let me give you my view for what it's worth.

To begin with: I agree 100% with everything that @Deru has said. The caveat being that I have never used Herion and have no intention nor any interest of even going down that road for a variety of reasons (not least of which are the absolute desperate and horror stories told on many many threads around here).

Fentanyl though: I do have experience with (now). My personal opinion: there simply IS no high. And I firmly believe NOW that the only reason it's used as a cut for Herion is to fool the Herion user into thinking that they've scored good stuff for the simple reason that Fentanyl will have you "nod" very quickly. I cannot see any other benefit or reason for it to be used as cut or adulterant. Most CERTAINLY Fentanyl does not give you ANY of the feelings as described by @Deru (and everyone else for that matter when this same subject has been discussed). If your definition of a high is hearing loss coupled with tinnitus, overheating and sweating, itching, shaking uncontrollably, nodding, having poor to no motor control, and not being able to focus your eyesight, well then Fentanyl is the very thing for you. But that ain't no high in my book! And that sounds all very different to me from a Herion high. Alright and in my case: my experience is limited to pure pharmaceutical Fentanyl as opposed to your garden variety Chinese product. So maybe that's different. I don't know and cannot say.

But I'm guessing you're not going to be happy until you've gone down this road to test and compare (otherwise you'd not be here I'm guessing). And believe it or not: that part I do get and understand. But once again something to think about: I know the effects of Fentanyl. And I also do NOT know ANYBODY that's glad that they started using Herion. And this coming from many people of these very forums who have been users for YEARS and KNOW what they're talking about first hand.

Just tryin' to help is all.

Put another way: as one who is able to (for reasons beyond my knowledge) consume WAY WAY much more of most all substances than most and still be standing I met my match with Fentanyl and it took me totally by surprise and off guard. Before my little bit of "research" and testing: I thought all the stories about Fentanyl were exaggerated and wouldn't apply to muscle man here (me). Not the case at all i.e. far from it!

G_Chem

Bluelighter
Fentanyl- Very sedating with none of the euphoria/dopamine effects that seem to come with more popular opiates. Short duration that quickly raises tolerance and leaves user wanting more.

Diacetylmorphine/Heroin (Pure)- Highly euphoric and actually stimulating/motivating at lower doses. Much longer duration than fentanyl, as well as a much larger dosage needed in comparison.

The one thing I remember about good pure heroin was an almost manic like state it induced, so high and euphoric anything was possible.

Fentanyl is just like being hit over the head with the opioid hammer.

-GC

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
My experience with heroin was an opiate body high with absolutely no euphoria. I do not understand why that occurs... because for most people on BL heroin the best feeling in the world or at least a rival for that position.

However people also say that fent is a cold and short-lived high... I found it to be incredibly euphoric. Like how heroin is supposed to be I guess? I was itchy and nodding out for a few hours. It was in my opinion the best feeling I've ever gotten from a drug.

Deru

Staff member
The one thing I remember about good pure heroin was an almost manic like state it induced, so high and euphoric anything was possible.
Same! There was that nice spectrum where I could literally feel invincible and go full steam ahead all day long and then, as dosage or purity increased, I could be content sitting on the couch and listening to music or play on my phone for hours just feeling so amazingly good nothing else mattered.

Fentanyl literally had none of that, my memories of it are cold nothingness versus heroin's warm and loving embrace.

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
That's so bizarre. I was actually buying measured fent pills (you don't have to lecture me on the dangers of this it's in the past lo). The fent was incredibly euphoric and long-lasting. Which makes me think there is new tech up and about. It was to this day the best feeling I can think of.

Why can't one theoretically purchase alot of powder and just accurate measure the doses?

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Why can't one theoretically purchase alot of powder and just accurate measure the doses?
My guess would be that this would be dangerous for two reasons:
  1. You don't know the purity of the Fentanyl in the powder (or the Fentanyl/powder ratio) and from what I gather: those Chinese or Mexican "99% pure guarantee labels" are not exactly accurate. Maybe there is a way you could measure all of this e.g. sending to one of those labs. for analysis (caveat being that you would have to do the same for each batch purchased).
  2. You don't know if there are any hotspots in the powder i.e. would depend on how well you "know" your supplier or manufacturer.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
It's always amazed me how different drugs (Fentanyl and Herion included obviously) affect different people in different ways. From just reading the above: it's apparent that everybody's reaction or experience is different (or could it simply be that the drugs themselves are not all created equal and of a standard quality?). Seems to apply across the board though doesn't it e.g. Benzodiazepines, weed, and the rest. Tolerance maybe? Genetics (which is the reason I suspect mostly to the case). No idea.

Not that I'm condoning any of this but in just looking over this thread this morning with a fresh set of eyes:

It may be worth noting I'm not opioid tolerant AT ALL i.e. Fentanyl being my first foray into the world of opiates. Furthermore: my little Fentanyl stash is in liquid form i.e. not powder and it's not for recreational use. In other words: I'm not a "user". My last, dare I say "successful", test was based on around 4ml sublingual in total (about half in two doses spaced out over a period of about a half hour) although in truth I probably swallowed (oral ingestion) at least three quarters of that and on a full stomach. I know the concentration, at the time, to have been 1.68mg/1ml. Only reason I'm mentioning this is that MAYBE for these reasons my reaction (my supposed Fentanyl "high") was over the top as described above. In lesser concentrations and maybe a different ROA: who knows. Maybe it can be used recreationally and with tolerance. I don't know. But I've no intention of trying to find out and experiment either. All I'm saying is that if my little "successful" test was in any way even REMOTELY indicative of a Fentanyl "high" well then no thanks. Not for this dude anyway. If you were to ask me to sum up my experience in a few words: "shock and awe" (sprinkled with a hint of panic) would be accurate! Lol! (Although I suppose if anybody was around at the time they'd probably have found my reaction amusing to say the least).

Anyway. I stand by my advice. Why anybody would actually CHOOSE to go down EITHER or BOTH routes (Fentanyl and/or Herion) is beyond me. And I know given all my Fentanyl "antics" around here (but that no longer exist) some will find that hypocritical. That's unfortunate. And while a Herion high, as described by most regular users, does indeed sound like "heaven" (usually quoted as "everything you ever wanted in a drug"): not a road I'd go down (maybe for that very reason i.e. who knows).

But, and sadly, in all probability nothing and nobody is going to stop you from experimenting with either (I understand that notion only too well so I'm not berating you at all). If nothing else: at least you'll have people to turn to (the forum members here) if you for some reason end up in trouble or "down the river without a paddle" (bearing in mind that there's only so much anybody here can do for you).

Last edited:

Kara Kava

Bluelighter
I disagree with alot said. I used heroin for 5 years and at the end fentanyl came about. I got high off fentanyl and it was euphoric.
Most wouldn't know the difference as heroin has been cut for decades.
I prefer heroin because it last longer but i love the initial buzz of fentanyl

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Hey.
I disagree with alot said. I used heroin for 5 years and at the end fentanyl came about. I got high off fentanyl and it was euphoric.
I prefer heroin because it last longer but i love the initial buzz of fentanyl
How's things in the woods?

Yeh listen up: I probably shouldn't even be contributing to this thread for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

The above being said: I guess Fentanyl must do SOMETHING for people otherwise they'd not be using it (as a preference in certain cases as opposed to simply a substitute for Herion).

What is your preferred ROA in order to get that "initial buzz" as you put it (purely for the sake of my own interest but may help to solve the OP's issue on another thread started by the OP on the topic of Fentanyl)?

Kara Kava

Bluelighter
Hey.

How's things in the woods?

Yeh listen up: I probably shouldn't even be contributing to this thread for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

The above being said: I guess Fentanyl must do SOMETHING for people otherwise they'd not be using it (as a preference in certain cases as opposed to simply a substitute for Herion).

What is your preferred ROA in order to get that "initial buzz" as you put it (purely for the sake of my own interest but may help to solve the OP's issue on another thread started by the OP on the topic of Fentanyl)?

The woods is peaceful but getting cold in the night.

Deru

Staff member
I respectfully disagree with this. Although, of course heroin has been cut since the beginning, fentanyl was not part of that on the scale it is today. It's only in recent years that the process has normalized and controlled to create a homogeneous solution free of hot spots and the purity levels controlled. And even then it's not perfect, Canada is a shining example of this. The biggest problem with street level fentanyl is the dosing amount is so incredibly important to have any chance of euphoria, and with unknown levels it makes it next to impossible to achieve. There is euphoria from smoking or intravenous use from the initial rush, but it's incredibly short lived and, in my opinion, completely useless when comparing to other opioids. The risk to reward is so offset, since with fentanyl you're getting less euphoria for severely worse addiction and withdrawals.

However, fentanyl has one amazing use, and that's getting out of withdrawals for cheap. And for that, I will forever be grateful that fentanyl came around when it did. But, I mean like microscopic tiny amounts of street level purity to get out of withdrawals, not trying to do 20 mg or more of it to get high.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
I’ve noticed a lot saying they liked it often had it in illicit forms, yet many who haven’t had pharmaceutical fentanyl. A lot of fentanyl dope these days is mixed with heroin, so it’s gonna be hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.

I also think it depends on the quality of the heroin in the area as to whether fentanyl is enjoyed or not.

When I was using heroin mainly (06-10 or so) fentanyl dope was very very rare and only really started showing up at the end when I was calling it quits.

All my experience is with the patches which we used smoking, IV, and sublingually. The shit sucks....

I took opiates to work long hours in the cold northern Midwest climate, to socialize and party, to live life happier. Fentanyl just made me nod out, and when in heroin withdrawal I’d still be a yawning tired mess even with fent patches. To us back then they were last resort, I’d rather have a 10mg hydrocodone.

-GC

Deru

Staff member
A lot of fentanyl dope these days is mixed with heroin, so it’s gonna be hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.
This is my assumption when I hear people say fentanyl is euphoric, is that it's probably fentadope, and honestly that stuff can actually be pretty euphoric and extremely strong. This is more than likely what I had that led to my last overdose and near death experience, is it had euphoria like heroin and none of the typical fentanyl effects after sniffing a small line and I made the almost fatal assumption that there was no fentanyl in it (it unfortunately did.). I'll never forget the moment before I went unconscious I was still in the process of exhaling the hit. One of these days I'm going to write up that experience here, it is literally cemented in my memory, it literally terrified to me my core.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Good morning (all).
This is my assumption when I hear people say fentanyl is euphoric, is that it's probably fentadope, and honestly that stuff can actually be pretty euphoric and extremely strong. This is more than likely what I had that led to my last overdose and near death experience, is it had euphoria like heroin and none of the typical fentanyl effects after sniffing a small line and I made the almost fatal assumption that there was no fentanyl in it (it unfortunately did.). I'll never forget the moment before I went unconscious I was still in the process of exhaling the hit. One of these days I'm going to write up that experience here, it is literally cemented in my memory, it literally terrified to me my core.
Well I for one would read with keen interest and appreciate such write up. My personal reasons for accumulating a stash of pharmaceutical Fentanyl aside: I'm still in awe of Fentanyl, it's analogs, and the potency thereof. And such a write up would fall squarely into the category of harm reduction and could very well satisfy the "curious others" that think that shit cannot happen to them with Fentanyl i.e. only happens to others and is overblown in the media (I know that YOU know why I'm "qualified" to make such statements! Lol!).

Kaden_Nite

Bluelight Crew
I've heard of people, new to opioids, comment favourably on experiences with pharmaceutical fentanyl.

It might not be as euphoric as the poppy derivatives, but it's still a powerful opioid that may well give much more bang for the buck than the cut heroin or overpriced pharmaceuticals available to people.

I guess being opiated becomes a default state for those who have been on opioids for a long time and they aren't really getting the bliss anymore anyway.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Hello and good morning to you too. Always nice to hear from you too.
All my experience is with the patches which we used smoking, IV, and sublingually. The shit sucks....
Last year, before I knew "shit from a shovel" about Fentanyl, and aside from the IV part (which I've never done with anything ever), I tried all mentioned with patches and I agree. Best I got was being slightly off balance followed by a slow come on nod (and then proceeded to had a good night's sleep). Other than that: meh. I can accomplish the same with a high enough dose of Alprozalam I'm sure (if I were that way inclined) and get a warm and fuzzy feeling to boot (which apparently is but one feature of Herion so far as I can tell from reading around here). Not to mention: they're (the patches) a fuck expensive way of trying to get high (assuming that they're purchased on prescription from a pharmacy i.e. no idea if these things are cheaper on the black market).

Word of advice though: don't anybody take the above lightly either i.e. that was just my experience with smoking (and I'm no good at it anyway not being a Herion user or adept at smoking things off foil) and buccal and sublingual experimentation with patches themselves. In my Fentanyl "research" I've found more than enough articles where thee same has resulted in a quick trip to the ER and/or death.

Shant

Bluelighter
Amazing what I’m reading here. I have the total opposite opinion to most of you.

Here’s the deal. If you have the tolerance of a heroin addict/methadone addict, you really won’t notice much difference between them. I still say the fentanyl (the real kind, not the analogues) has much more euphoria because heroin is nothing but a body high anyway.

If you have the tolerance of a pill popper, then it’s a no contest. You can take a fentanyl lollipop, use 10% of it, and the warmest euphoria you’ve ever experienced will wash over your whole body. But it’s not a “nod out” kind of feel good. It’s a get up and clean your house type of euphoria. A finish up your term paper for which you had absolutely no motivation to do before you took the fentanyl. To me, fentanyl is the mother of all opiates.

If I’m being 100% honest, I suspect a big part of why I want to get clean so bad today is so that In a year, when my tolerance is guaranteed to be back to zero, I could get those beautious