• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiates and urinary retention (ischuria)

Magicmonk

Bluelighter
This mostly happening to me on tramadol i love the drug to much to quit but i find when i take to little im unsatisfied with the high and if i have the right dose (250/300mg) with 150mg of codeine i seem to have a big problem peeing. Even without the codeine i still cant pee and it'll hours considering the drugs effects last ages for me good 10 hours maybe 12. Any thoughts on how to help this problem or atleast make it easier on the same dose any tips? Thank you peeps :\

Lol. Only tip is to not use. I sit down to pee if I have troubles. It'll come out much easier but u still can't push/force it out. It sorta just dribbles lol. This is something all opiate addicts have in common lol

Yeah i hear sitting down puts more pressure on the bladder also applying cold water to the anus usually works when i have the same problem from mdma however it feels different from opiate Urinary problems. Pushing causes it to feel much more pressured. I've decided when im gonna take them (which ive just dosed another 200mg) to pee as much as i can prior and not drink tut tut :(

Cold water on the anus? Rofl

If this isn't trolling then I'd love to know how anyone discovered this.

Try to pee before you dose? It seems to become a bit less uncomfortable once you're sorta used to it.

Honestly I read it on this site on one of the threads for not being able to pee on mdma and ketamine. Seems to shock that area not too sure of the science of it. But yeah that's what I did this time I haven't drank on it either so I don't need to go now. And yeah I get what you mean over time but whine you focus on it after smoking it becomes more uncomfortable :(

Haha thanks! I'm okay now feeling very wavy because I haven't eaten since 6pm yesterday so it's hit quite hard along with the weed to amplify it! Havent tried to pee yet sometimes I can but I don't want to risk it yet haha legs feel jelly

Yeah I found the best technique I was told was tryingn to pee then stopping going and do something for 5 minutes
And go back and keep doing it. Don't know if you'd tried that one. Worked a few times unless
I'm
Nodding quite hard.

I try super hard to relax everything while running the faucet while I'm trying to go. Believe it or not, that running water thing really does/can work. I agree that trying too hard to push it out does absolutely no good and probably screws things up down there.

Yeah running water I do also and put my hand in and out of the water seems to help a little I tried warm
Water but it made no different

In my experience this is a symptom that is specific to -or at least more prevalent with- tramadol as opposed to opiates/opioids in general. But I have definitely had this problem many times. In my teens there were periods where the easiest source to opioids was ordering a few big bottles of tramadol from a mexican pharmacy. I would take 10-15 (50 mg tabs) at a time a few times a day. It wasn't immediate for me though, I don't know about you but it seemed to be a cumulative effect that presented after time, maybe after more tramadol had built up in my system. Sitting down can definitely help. It's a bitch though. Good luck!

Most definitely it's the drug that changes through out the beginning the high is more seritogenic and speedy then it slowly turns into a calm nod in which is accompanied by the urinary retention I can be at the beginning also when I quit for a while and come back the first time
I use tramadol or codeine I can pee regardless then it
Comes back if I keep
Using and thank you I need to lee alittle
Now but nothing worth trying for don't wanna make it worse dosed at 5PM so probably have to sleep through it. :(

Run your dick under a warm to hot tap, it's a bit grim but it works as long you stay hydrated, shit my sink sees more action than my toilet. Also Opiates really dehydrate you so as awful a thing to contemplate as it is when you can't pee you need to drink plenty of water.

Seriously try it.

Yeah I have mad dry mouth now but I have work at 5AM so il
Drink in the morning Cus the more I drink the more pressure builds up so it forces to me to stay in the toilet for ages until I pee but I can't do that tonight Cus im
Already sleep deprived got work from 5AM-7PM tomorrow so need my sleep haha cheers tho I know drinking forces it outta you

Why do they dehydrate you though I've never looked into it just knew it was an effect, do you know?

I just saw this thread haha yeah mystery I guess then and I peed haha yay go me

Hahaha magicmonk it always feels like a triumphant victory when I finally pee on tramadol! It can be soooo frustrating!! Usually ill just try not to even go in the bathroom because I know I'm just gonna sit on the toilet for like 20 minutes praying something will happen.

I've noticed it's definitely more pronounced with tramadol rather than dope, but alas I don't have an Rx for dope so I take what I can get lol

Hahaha magicmonk it always feels like a triumphant victory when I finally pee on tramadol! It can be soooo frustrating!! Usually ill just try not to even go in the bathroom because I know I'm just gonna sit on the toilet for like 20 minutes praying something will happen.

I've noticed it's definitely more pronounced with tramadol rather than dope, but alas I don't have an Rx for dope so I take what I can get lol
Im exactly the same have to stay out the way of the bathroom because even attempting to pee agitates my bladder more! I haven't had any tramadol since the day but I k holed two days ago and took some coke k and speed yesterday that was a blast! Im yet to try dope though need to wait till my heads screwed on better!