• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids (opiates and benzos) question about dosage

babyluna49

Greenlighter
obviously this a dangerous combo so i’m just looking for feedback on my dosage. i’m an experienced opiate user (never used daily, just once every couple of months or so for the past few years) atm i have no tolerance and plan on orally taking 25mg of hydrocodone (my usual dose). i have a slight benzo tolerance, taking 2mg xanax for the past 5 days for sleep. i was planning on combining the 25mg hydro with 5mg klonopin. should i cut back on the klonopin/hydro dosage or is this a good dose?

Last edited:
Hi Babyluna and Welcome to BlueLight :)

First off you're correct in assuming that Opioids and Benzos are a dangerous combination, from Heath Ledger to LiL Peep, it's taken quite a toll on people from all walks of life and even if you don't die it's very possible to aspirate and suffer substantial hypoxia that can deprive one of any quality of life.

Secondly I wouldn't describe opioid use every couple of months to be experienced, especially if you are considering upping the ante with Klonopin.. While you do have a slight benzo tolerance, switching from alprazolam to clonazepam right before mixing with hydrocodone is asking for trouble as 5mg of K-pin is hefty by itself, not to mention with other respiratory depressants. I doubt anyone is going to suggest otherwise but if you don't heed these words PLEASE have a trip sitter that can call for medical intervention if/ when things go sour. Good Luck & Stay Safe!