• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate withdrawal

Josh1121

Greenlighter
Hey I’m on day 3 kicking cold turkey is it normal to be an emotional wreck ?I knew the illness would be bad but I feel crazy depressed everything

Yes that's entirely par for the course, it's the worst part of opiate addiction. Just hang in there man, it gets better, day by day.

Good luck man, you got this. It isn't going to be easy, but everyday will get a little easier after the initial withdrawal symptoms.

Yep.
Hell it seems I am in a constant state of withdrawal. If I din't assess/reasses my emotions, thought processes and responses throughout the day I would be in a world of hurt. Fu**ed up but decades of use can do strange things to a MF.
Feel a bit better today?
What opiate, duration of use and dosage, if one doens't mind my asking?

Yea i can remember crying to cheesy ass tv commercials during detox.
Completely normal.

Yep.
Hell it seems I am in a constant state of withdrawal. If I din't assess/reasses my emotions, thought processes and responses throughout the day I would be in a world of hurt. Fu**ed up but decades of use can do strange things to a MF.
Feel a bit better today?
Yea i can remember crying to cheesy ass tv commercials during detox.
Completely normal.
thx I needed to hear this the dumbest things and ancient memories make me super sad/emotional
What opiate, duration of use and dosage, if one doens't mind my asking?
I’ve been on ops for years every day a very maintainable amount most people don’t even know I’m on them buttons be been doing for so long a few in the morning a few in the evenings

I guess all I really want to hear is that I will be normal again at some point it’s been so long since I’ve been true sober

the answer to that questin is: yes... if this is what you truely want. :)

How are you doing today Josh1121? I hope you are getting through today easier than yesterday, keep busy and don't do activities that will trigger you. I know it is completely different but when I stopped smoking weed, I couldn't play video games as I used to sit around ALL day doing both together. I know when it becomes a part of your everyday it feels like everything is a trigger but I found drawing, painting, puzzles, even colouring in books keep you distracted. Only for a period but then if walk and come back to it..

When I quit opiates I was too sick on days 2-5 even consider emotions but I definitely remember crying about having to change sweaty sheets while puking. The first week was the hardest but it took a solid 2+ weeks for me to wake up not completely hating life- and that was the best morning of my life. I cant tell you how amazing it is to just appreciate life when its felt so miserable for so long. All of the sickness and emotional bs is temporary and one day you will be able to look back on it all and see how far you've come. You've taken the first step now just keep going and it'll all be worth it. Hope today is better for you :)

I decide to get off oxy last week,went to er.After a pat down by the police and being looked at like a criminal,I was given clonidine and zophran...I did have some diarrhea and uneasiness,but overall not too bad,just weak from no appetite...keep up the fight,you can do it!!

Yes that's entirely par for the course, it's the worst part of opiate addiction. Just hang in there man, it gets better, day by day.
Does it really ever get better? I've lost all ambition to do anything. Emotional....yes. Depressed....yes. How can I get out of this loop? Currently, I've been taking Suboxone to stave off withdrawals. Without subs, I found myself being hospitalized because I literally felt I was dieing. I've read so much on this site.....which has been a Godsend, but can't located a forum to where I'm at now.
I'm unmotivated, no more friends, and older. Eight years ago, I was prescribed Oxy's until I wasn't. Luckily for me, my little hamster wheel of the perfectly addicted brain, was able to find folks who could get me more op's.
I'm sick of spending the money. I'm sick of getting screwed over. Yet, I miss those little blues, or panda's....dilly's to just get about in my day as a happy, efficient, person. Now, I'm miserable: I will be at the end of another rapid sub taper this weekend. What can I do to be the person I liked so much, when I was using, without using???
Thank you to anyone who can field my question:))

You need to make some changes in your life. When I got off opiates I forced myself to go out and do stuff. I rediscovered music which is my greatest passion that I had just basically forgotten about in the opiate haze. I'm in 2 bands now and I fill my time with things that make me happy and fulfilled. Every other time I quit I didn't change anything and sat around and was bored and it got me back to opiates. I haven't touched an opiate in about 5 and half years, I don't even want to. Also, you have to remove or resolve painful aspects of your life. For me I got out of my abusive marriage and realized that was a large part of why I was doing opiates all the time.