• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Opiate Withdrawal!! Will it be like last time??

Codex23

Greenlighter
3 years ago, I started and got addicted to Opiates. (of all kinds)
That lasted for a year, started out with 5-10mg Hydro, ended being able
to take 3 Oxy 30s, 2 Oral, 1 Insulfated, or XXmg Heroin insulfated. (And be just fine, doses for perspective). Heroin was SUPER hard to obtain, so only had it a few times near the end, preferred Oxy anyway. Physical WD was horrendus, as you all know, but I found kratom and it definitly played its role in helping me, ended up staying addicted but to Kratom now, which is much more mild but I stayed on it for 2 years up until last month.

Been IVing Heroin daily for 4 weeks or so now, about a half gram daily. I want to stop for good. Got about .5g left, going to try and stretch it
for at least a couple days and just take bits to avoid WD.

Ideally I want to get off it without taking kratom but being as my opiate receptors have been getting used still for 2 years I'm scared I'll go through the same horendous WD i did after the intense opiate addiction 3 years ago. Or will shooting .5g/day for 4 weeks be a significantly more mild of a WD? If I have to I have kratom to take but I'll just end up back on that than.

It's difficult to say as every WD experience is individual. I am sure that you are understand the concept of withdrawal kindling (?... which, in summary in case you do not, progressively reduces the amount of time one can return to regular usage of a substance of previous physical dependence before symptoms of WD return upon cessation) so that although your relapse appears to be relatively short their is a high probability that you will experience a typical heroin WD syndrome of some intensity, considering the previous addictions and the relatively high daily intake (IMO - I have just I.V.'d a typical UK street level unit of good quality heroin, which are approx. 0.2 grams in weight which has left me incredibly high, despite having a reasonable tolerance from methadone treatment.)

Ultimately though 4 weeks is short enough that its worth giving it a crack and while I personally have used comfort drugs in the past during periods when experiencing heroin withdrawal (i.e. NSAID painkillers, benzodiazepines, cannabis) I have done so to ease specific symptoms of discomfort as I find any use of actual substitutes counterproductive unless used as part of a medically managed detox. It may be uncomfortable, perhaps as much as before, or it could just as likely be less intense. Either way, the good news is that at least the worst of the actual physical pain can be dealt with in as little as 4 or 5 days. Just do your best to get away from it all once done - I am the pathetic individual that I am as despite having managed to stop using heroin 'cold - turkey' on at least 4 occasions over the last 15 years I never learned how to not start using again.

I honestly would recommend checking into an in patient until for detox, which is specifically the 5 day withdrawal period and further treatment would be something residential or out patient you can learn about and connect to during detox. I recommend going to a program that is phenobarbital to ween people off as in my experience it was easier than any other method. I know there's going to be at least one user that comes on and bitches at me for recommending it as I relapsed after, but fuck them they don't know me or the shit I deal with in my life and in the end it still brought my tolerance to the point that I was damn near non-tolerant, but of course that changed fast due to living with unmanaged chronic pain.

Thank you both for the responses. Yeah Tacodude, I am familiar with your situation, I read the entire Levorphanol thread, and sorry that you have to deal with that. I did an intense 3 month inpatient in my home country last year (there was some deadly alcoholism during my kratom use, that I felt didnt matter for this thread), and that was in the mountains away from all civilization possible. Me and 20 other dudes. We had to work on a cranberry farm 5 hours a day 6 days a week. and religion was shoved down our throats. It was not 12 step or anything. I came home and relapsed instantly (alcohol), so did a inpatient here,
For 30 days followed by intensive outpatient for another 60. Attended AA meetings for months, met alot of people, but ended up hating AA and feel like it is a cult of sorts. Stopped AA this winter and still remained sober other than kratom until 4 weeks ago. I will not be attending Rehab again, my life is still on track, I have a good job, get along with people there, with my family, all is good, but this Heroin habit is starting to spiral down to death and destruction and I've taken a few steps already. If I dont stop litteraly now. I am fucked. Mentally I could care less about it (or so I think), just a huge pussy regarding WDs. Even kratom really doesnt help, nor is it strong enough IMO to be called a substitute. I just think psychologically I liked the fact that something kept tingling my opiate receptors so I swapped out Heroin/Oxy for it 2 years ago.

Steewith2ees, to start I do have benzos on deck, ready to go.
3, 5mg Diazepams (I know super weak) and
3, 5mg Clonopins (Much stronger)

And I have almost ZERO tolerence to them, so I think they are more than enough to get me through the first few days. Like I said kratom is a last resort as I'm hoping to jump off all of it, while I'm kicking IV H, might as well say bye to Kratom also. I have been taking these vitamins as well:

Vitamin A, B-Complex, Vitamin C, L-Theanine, and Magnesium Carbonate.
Pretty regularly for about 10 days now, to try and make my body stronger (every tiny bit counts) for this WD.

Oh I happen to just have. 5g of Methamphetamine, I've taken that once (.1g, Insulfated) on Wednesday, and wasnt the biggest fan. Maybe if I take super tiny little doses like .02g (5 times smaller than on Wednesday), it would fight off the lethargy during the day...or maybe I just throw it away, I am not sure...

Either way, this fella is gonna be opiate free soon hopefully. I'll keep you guys updated on this thread! :)

Last edited:
I hear you.... That's fucked up you ended up on a work farm... I think this country manipulates and dehumanizes those who need opiods to essentially make them slaves. It's fucking disgusting.

Again the phenobarbital based in patient detox will be your best bet to get off easy, but staying off is the challenge

I will look into it Tacodude, but yes its disqusting, but it's the world we live in. :/. Stay strong brother

Doing my best... I'm falling apart. I didn't even get enough hydromorphone to get through the day. I can try to kill myself and if it's serious enough and I survive they likely would script me, but if I'm going to do that it's not too get a script and rather end my life. Hopefully I can get through this next week or two as there's going to be a lot pushing me to end my life.

Whoah :( didnt know it was that bad. I'm sorry I really do not know what to say in situations such as these...do you have any family or friends you can open up to? Maybe stay with during this hard phase. Do they think you are drug seeking? (Doctors). Can you see another one? And explain it? Have you tried Kratom, it's very very very mild compared to what you are used to but I was taking insane doses during withdrawal and they definitly filled every opiate receptor I had. Red strain is what I would reccomend. 40+ grams...its hard to get that all down your stomach..they do have little extract vials at the mall where I live, one shot is = 30mg oxy instant release...problem is kratom has a ceiling effect, and you cant just keep taking more, or you get a super sick nasty feeling, but maybe 2 shots of extract when you have nothing will help even a tad...I mean I really dont want to say it but I'm almost at the point where (due to this current system we live in) i wanna ask, if you have anyone that you can obtain what you need from outside of a pharmacy..idk man. Stay strong...

I'm trying to man.... There's nothing anyone can tell me that will change things. I either get the money or opiods I need or I don't. I've already gone through detox and cold turkey over 5 times to be brought back to use because even after I'm still treated as drug seeking and refused support until I relapse as always from the pain. I'm tired of the cycle. If my next effort doesn't break it I don't know what to do...