• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate withdrawal remedy

JayJamesJim

Greenlighter
I've been on opiates for pain management for 10 years. Managing meds can be difficult at best so it's possible that occasionally you run out. I have had to endure withdrawal too many times to count.

First, if the opiate is long acting like Methadone, try to get onto a short acting opiate like Percoset or vicodon for, at minimum, two weeks prior to withdrawal. If that's not possible, this will still work to lessen WD symptoms.

Second, WEAN! The lower you can go and the longer you can stretch that script the easier this will be.

Now this withdrawal remedy includes other prescriptions and other substances you can order online or buy. Anything on here will help on its own but the combo as a whole works best.

1. Neurontin/Gabapentin- this by itself works wonders. You have to take more than prescribed. I'd say 4x is a good starting point. If you are weaning this will help that process in big ways. You will probably have to increase your doses rather quickly as you take this so get a lot of it. Lyrica also works I've been told and I would assume that is correct as they are similar meds but I don't have personal experience with it.

2. Clonidine or Propranolol or inderal - helps with elevated blood pressure and in other ways. take as prescribed.

3. Kratom - The number 1 best remedy there is. Order online for best results but you can buy this at some heads shops locally in a lot of places. NOTE: Kratom can also cause withdrawal, though it is MUCH easier to taper when your done with it and the WD is on a whole different and lesser scale than opiate WD. If you take this during the weaning process, take it in between opiate doses.

4. Muscle relaxers - they relax your muscles. HAHA

Just those four will do it but any of them will help in big ways even on their own. I have done this with almost 0 WD. Weaning is the hardest part. You can and should use the above for weaning too. Just so you know, I am on my second day off as I write this and I feel fine.

This also helps
Xanax, pot, advil, tramadol, immodium,

Last edited:
About to read your post. Just a heads up, no SWIM used here. Read the forum rules if you have questions, or PM a mod.

Peace

No worries. Someone would tell you, some of them grumpily lol. Figured I'd beat them to it and be polite ;) Glad you joined. This is a great community. I hope you find support here, you will as long as you reach out. They will rally around you in times of distress, and celebrate your successes with genuine joy. Take care :) Peace.