• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opiate withdrawal depression treatment

^In DubCity23's defence, I'd like to add that getting off ones ass isn't the easiest thing in the world to do during WD's or PAWS

I'm in the middle of withdrawal. My business just had it's highest grossing consecutive 2 weeks. Look...I know just as well as any of you that it isn't easy. It's never going to be easy. Getting off this shit and getting back to life has been the greatest challenge I have ever met. But I hate to see people take a defeatist attitude like there is no hope. If you lose hope, you really have lost the game.

About endorphins

People say exercises releases endorphins etc but from what I have read their is a lot of dispute in the scientific community about endorphines

"Studies in the early 1980s cast doubt on the relationship between endorphins and the runner's high for several reasons:"

There is lots of info on it on wikipedia.

I'm in the middle of withdrawal. My business just had it's highest grossing consecutive 2 weeks. Look...I know just as well as any of you that it isn't easy. It's never going to be easy. Getting off this shit and getting back to life has been the greatest challenge I have ever met. But I hate to see people take a defeatist attitude like there is no hope. If you lose hope, you really have lost the game.

If you're performing well at your work, then I dare say, you're not really in withdrawal. I think you're more in my boat--a chipper habit, where the worst "withdrawals" you get is a bout of diarrhea, a little runny eyes and nose, maybe a few restless nights. It's easy for guys like us to make light of WD's and to tell others to just "suck it up, bitch!" But we've never been through the jungles of an 8-ball/day smack habit. Honestly, quitting a quarter gram of smack a day for about 2-week cold turkey was absolutely miserable for me. And god only knows how much worse it could have been!

If you're performing well at your work, then I dare say, you're not really in withdrawal. I think you're more in my boat--a chipper habit, where the worst "withdrawals" you get is a bout of diarrhea, a little runny eyes and nose, maybe a few restless nights. It's easy for guys like us to make light of WD's and to tell others to just "suck it up, bitch!" But we've never been through the jungles of an 8-ball/day smack habit. Honestly, quitting a quarter gram of smack a day for about 2-week cold turkey was absolutely miserable for me. And god only knows how much worse it could have been!

Dude I was on a 2 year daily pod habit that got up to quite a few pods every day. I tapered down to 2 pods a day and then went to tramadol to quit. I know how bad withdrawal can be. At one particular withdrawal, I actually thought about killing myself, and I've never had suicidal thoughts before. My point wasn't that withdrawal is easy though. My point is simply that I hate to see people seem so hopeless. And FWIW, the person we are referring to never said he was even in withdrawals. He said he was simply sober.

Suboxone for depression

usually as far as medication goes there's suboxone which is being looked at for use as an antidepressant. its suppose to be used 3 days after withdrawals have started and is effective for 36 hours (one 8mg dose iirc)

i LIED and said i was a junky to get suboxone to treat my hellish depression that nothing else helped.
i cured myself - doing great for years, trying to get off it but deperession is kicking back so bad i am not sure if i can go through with it - likely i do need it still ? no idea but it is a miracle for depression.

^If it's having such a positive impact on your life then why quit it? Think of it as insulin, blood pressure meds etc. You are not addicted to these meds as addiction is only when the substance is having a profound negative effect on your life. And since suboxone is having a positive effect on your life I don't see why you would want to quit. If you went back to depression after trying to quit then you obviously need it. Do what works best for you. Suboxone can be safely taken for many years as its not toxic to the body, it's a very benign medication that doesn't cause any physical harm. Life with depression sucks and anything that helps make us less depressed is good IMO. I'm currently on MMT. I didn't really need it either as I was not physically dependent on opiates but it helps my chronic pain and keeps me out of depression. I'm gonna stay on it for as long as it is effective. Each day is so great now. Life is so much better w/o depression. Suboxone only helped my physical pain but didn't help with my depression. I don't care about the opinions of people who are against MMT. If it is making the quality of my life better then that's all that matter. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I have only one life to live and I'm gonna make it the best one it can be.

DXM is one of the best treatment. it can take away the depression/anxiety completely. at least for a week of using it, maybe more I never tried I just know these facts.

works wonders in the non trip range. for neewbie might be 100mg, but for me it is 300mg.

of course you can go further, but its good to keep tolerance low so you can reap its anti-withdrawal affects longer.
because you might be on DXM everyday for many days at a time.

everyone golf clap for richard simmons here.

Here's some advice for YOU now "what works for one person may not for another".

IT's great that you are doing so well and are so positive, but everyones experience in life is different, and just because you think everyone should be like you, doesn't mean it will or even should actually happen.

Anyway as to not completely hijack the thread, two of the best things i've found for opiate withdrawal depression are excersize and finding an entertainment media that invokes strong emotion in you.

My theory on the latter is that, often when im in Withdrawals I find it REALLY hard to feel anything other than sadness, despair. I TRY to feel happy and I try to be positive and it's just not working. I find that if I watch a movie or listen to music that provokes a strong emotional response from me, I may immediately break down at that very moment, but to the point that I almost completely purge the depressive feelings. On the line of "Crying till you cant cry anymore".

I know it probably sounds ridiculous but whatever, it's helped me at times.

I snorted heroin over a two week period. Probably 3 grams total. On my second day without any and seem to be very depressed for no reason. Don't want to do anything. This was my first experience with the drug. When doing it I felt warm and fuzzy. Anything I did, even mundane tasks were enormously rewarding. Now I don't want to do anything. I can easily get more but have to be off of it completely by the end of this month when go back to work. (Been off for surgery. Have drug testing randomly at work.). How long till this rebound effect goes away? Thank you

poppy pods are nothing compared to harder opioids...

Dude I was on a 2 year daily pod habit that got up to quite a few pods every day. I tapered down to 2 pods a day and then went to tramadol to quit. I know how bad withdrawal can be. At one particular withdrawal, I actually thought about killing myself, and I've never had suicidal thoughts before. My point wasn't that withdrawal is easy though. My point is simply that I hate to see people seem so hopeless. And FWIW, the person we are referring to never said he was even in withdrawals. He said he was simply sober.

Overdriven,

I know this is many years later, and I'm not trying to be a dick but poppy pods ain't sh*t, 2 pods is like a dose of codeine, or kratom. Withdrawals from poppy pods last like 7 days, so you are NOT in the middle of withdrawal 2 weeks later, you are in PAWS. Further, comparing poppy pods to even oxycodone is like comparing an alcoholic that drinks a six pack a day compared to an alcoholic that drinks a fifth a day. I've quit from 60-70 mg of methadone and I didn't sleep for 6 weeks, I could barely get out of bed let alone function at work, and do half way decent at 2 weeks.

So, what I am saying is you have NO IDEA what hard core opioid withdrawal is, and while you may have had a point to an extent, that the mental part can be very important, you can't just think your way out of withdrawal lol.... You only have experienced a fraction of withdrawal, so you may want to hop off your high horse about your business, who helped you along the way? Not everyone is in your position dude.

Now, something that might actually help addicts -- While opiate addiction is absolute hell, which is the reason for example, 95% of methadone addicts cannot quit themselves is due to the terrible physical and psychological addiction. Go see a drug and alcohol counselor, because while the drug itself is almost impossible to quit, and we are truly reliant to the drug 90% of addiction itself is mental and needs to be treated as such. One needs counseling to help better understand addiction, why we want to self medicate, why we started in the first place and to learn countless tools to help not only quit, but to remain sober. This is a vital component of getting clean and remaining clean. Further, there are things that help such as clonidine (that got rid of the almost unbearable blood pressure spike, restless legs, cold/hot sweats (though not completly) and anyone considering quitting should try clonidine. Tapering is by far the best method to quitting as cold turkey often ends up in relapse.

Also, anyone who is scared they're going to get in trouble if they talk to their dr about their addiction, fear not. There are laws in place to protect you, the patient from dr's releasing incriminating evidence. The addiction part will remain on your medical record, but if you find the right dr they will be more than willing to help you. Suboxone treatment may help, and is worth considering. Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck, including you overdriven. God bless.

I'm in rehab for H addiction. I came in with 10mg of suboxone and got off it in 2 months. Minor physical withdrawal. I basically screwed up my life and that can be depressing, but the things that keep me feeling relatively good are reading, shows/movies, playing/composing music and lots and lots of exercise. I work out everyday and afterwards I feel physically and mentally relaxed. It also ensures I get to sleep at night.

Overdriven,

I know this is many years later, and I'm not trying to be a dick but poppy pods ain't sh*t, 2 pods is like a dose of codeine, or kratom. Withdrawals from poppy pods last like 7 days, so you are NOT in the middle of withdrawal 2 weeks later, you are in PAWS. Further, comparing poppy pods to even oxycodone is like comparing an alcoholic that drinks a six pack a day compared to an alcoholic that drinks a fifth a day. I've quit from 60-70 mg of methadone and I didn't sleep for 6 weeks, I could barely get out of bed let alone function at work, and do half way decent at 2 weeks.

So, what I am saying is you have NO IDEA what hard core opioid withdrawal is, and while you may have had a point to an extent, that the mental part can be very important, you can't just think your way out of withdrawal lol.... You only have experienced a fraction of withdrawal, so you may want to hop off your high horse about your business, who helped you along the way? Not everyone is in your position dude.

Now, something that might actually help addicts -- While opiate addiction is absolute hell, which is the reason for example, 95% of methadone addicts cannot quit themselves is due to the terrible physical and psychological addiction. Go see a drug and alcohol counselor, because while the drug itself is almost impossible to quit, and we are truly reliant to the drug 90% of addiction itself is mental and needs to be treated as such. One needs counseling to help better understand addiction, why we want to self medicate, why we started in the first place and to learn countless tools to help not only quit, but to remain sober. This is a vital component of getting clean and remaining clean. Further, there are things that help such as clonidine (that got rid of the almost unbearable blood pressure spike, restless legs, cold/hot sweats (though not completly) and anyone considering quitting should try clonidine. Tapering is by far the best method to quitting as cold turkey often ends up in relapse.

Also, anyone who is scared they're going to get in trouble if they talk to their dr about their addiction, fear not. There are laws in place to protect you, the patient from dr's releasing incriminating evidence. The addiction part will remain on your medical record, but if you find the right dr they will be more than willing to help you. Suboxone treatment may help, and is worth considering. Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck, including you overdriven. God bless.

If you get poppy pods worth anything at all, the withdrawal will be worse than a comparable Oxy habit withdrawal. With pods you're withdrawing from numerous opiate alkaloids, with Oxy you're just withdrawing from Oxy. I do poppy seeds, far less potent than pods. A bottle of twenty 30mg codeine pills ain't shit to me unless I'm in a withdrawal. I've been through methadone and suboxone maintenance. Oxy was my DOC for a while until I started H. Potent poppy seeds/pods aren't a joke. Don't give people an impression that this is something they can toy with.

One thing I won't deny is that potent seeds are hard to get.

I got some really good advice about how to stay on top of WD symptoms the other day on a thread here on BL. Keep one dose of your DOC on you at all times (that you absolutely will NOT use). I've been off suboxone now for 5 days and I've held on to 4mg...the mind does amazing things. I literally feel like I didn't stop using, almost like before I ever used. I know it won't necessarily work perfectly, but it sure helps to know that if you are so depressed and possibly suicidal, you could take that dose you've stashed away. All I have to do is have that thought and I feel better instantly.

Anyway, best of luck OP.

Last edited:
Hitting the gym creates so many endorphines to help cope. Personaly i find i feel best when working security and find somebody stepping out of line. It may be temporary but beating a man within an inch of his life puts me on top of the world. Closest ive found to an opiate high.violence used to be a means to an end but opiates turned them into my cure. Call me a monster or whatever, but untill they fix it monsters like me will exist.

Running is the solution IMO, and I don't mean running on a treadmill, to actually enjoy it you need to go outside.. I am now 13 days off PST and been running 8 days in a row and I feel so good. I look forward to my run all day.. Last year I had to quit hydro after 2 months of abuse and I did the same thing, I started running and it helped a lot too