• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate "visuals"

it's hard to explain, my eyes could be open, or not be open - it doesn't really make a difference. it's like experiencing a completely different type of sensory field, it's like vision but not quite, it's like thought-visual or visual-thought, abstract ideas gain 'shapes' or a visual identity. it's way too hard to explain, and even this doesn't sound right. poo. it's not really being awake or asleep.

maybe i need to drink more tea and investigate this, on behalf of the BL community.

To Infinity and Beyond!:|

Bludda said:
To Infinity and Beyond!:|

Lol, i like that, it sums it up quite well! I had a major nod last night for like 40 minutes i just listened to the same 4 songs over and over until i caved and went to bed about 9pm.

the first time i tried heroin, when i closed my eyes i saw people walking in front of me, like me being in a crowd, & it was very realistic, & enjoyable. but it only happened the first time i did it.

One of the first times I did heroin, I went and meditated cause I just didn't know what to do with myself, and the strangest thing happend. I was just sitting there meditating and I felt like I had been there for a really long time so I finally opened my eyes and just kinda looked around, enjoying the serenity of it all. My wife came in and I briefly talked to her about whatever, and she said something that was out of place in the conversation. I asked her "what?" and just then I woke up. I had fallen asleep sitting straight up deep in meditation without even noticing any sort of mental shift whatsoever! Usually I can feel myself nodding or starting to fall-out but this was so smooth and strange because everything looked the same.
Another time my roommate had been doing morphine base for days and days, and I think some H too, and he told me that while he was walking down the hall he turned and saw a woman standing in our hallway who looked like she was made of smoke, and floating. He could only very subtly see her. He's convinced it was a ghost, i think it was from the morphine base. Didn't DeQuincy say something about opium visions or something that he had from drinking laudenum back in the day? I could be wrong... but this is very interesting IMO

Many peeps report (especially on high dose oral morphine), this sort of psychadelic experience. But I think what you all are talking about is just part of the classical nod. That is what nodding is. Remember, salvinornin-A derives its psychadelic effect by action on kappa-opioid exclusively. And classic opioids (though predominantly mU agonists), can have some lesser action on sigma, delta, and kappa.

I get slight visuals, msotly just random splotches of color that appear open eyed for a moment..nothing that is positive or negative, just there.

We're not talking about open eye visuals rangrz, rather the dream-like visuals that occur when meditating or nodding.

Yeah I get these too.

Best part though is that the persist even AFTER the opiate "high" is gone.

I can still get them if I lay down and try to sleep after I've pretty much comedown... we're talking several hours after I've dosed and the only affect I have left is a little bit of a relaxed drowsy feeling. It's quite nice. I also find it rather refreshing even though I don't really 'sleep' when it happens.

Definitely find them more pronounced when aiming for sleep. Again, they're even more pronounced when taken with my antidep (Dosulepin).
Infact I was really surprised how well they work together. A definite synergy going on...

I never got any of what you claim, opiates just make me feel really nice and warm and relaxed like i can close my eyes and everything is going to be ok...no visuals though

ive gotten mad visuals once while nodding off OC's with some good weed. Shit that is up there with DMT visuals in complexity/geometry. Only experienced that once or twice, other than that my nods usually consist of typical dream situations....

I don't really like them- they are really chaotic in their structure, like dream-state linear causality x2. I find it too hard to "watch" so I generally just give up on the inner world. I'm really prone to completely ignoring any attampt a nod until it's forced on me, though.

I don't really get "visuals" persay, sometimes I just feel like I'm seeing something out of the corner of my eye, or I'll see something move on a wall that's not there. It's like the next morning after tripping, or after a particularly trippy roll.

I take it you've never heard of "opium dreams"? :)

This effect that you describe is the one thing I'm always chasing after when I take opiates... the numb, warm, floating body, the chaotic "mind-movies"... wait, that reminds me of.... DISSOCIATIVES! =D

I get the visuals even if I'm not nodding. But I only get them after I've smoked a little weed. They're usually really scary but unavoidable. When I'm trying to go to sleep they sort of "draw themselves" in my mind. I can see them sort of dissolving on. The transitions are visible. It's like watching an image morphing in to another one.

The interesting thing is, I'm an artist, and these images don't fit with my "style". On weed or mushrooms, obviously I have visuals, but they always fit with my drawing/photographic style. So I'm motivated to watch these and gain some understanding of my creative potential and hopefully create similar art IRL.

I swear to god, while sitting outside at about 3am, smoking a ciggarette - quite high off some opiates. i looked in the sky and saw a shooting star. I've never seen one in my life. its quite possible i did actually see one, but...well, ''visuals'' so its on topic.

For me, pot amplifies the effect. I will have even more vivid like dreams under the influence of opates with pot mixed it.

Yeah, happens all the time. Sort of like, little mini-dreams that seem really distant.