• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiate Tolerance?

cannablissss

Bluelight Crew
Hello everyone, a few weeks ago I was seen in the ER after I had been vomiting for about 3-4 days, so to say. The only reason for this vomiting (I assume) is due to my oxycodone pills. I started off with 20mg pills, twice to three times a day and it was great. I felt no adverse affects. I know nausea and vomiting are side effects of opiod painkillers, so I was prescribed Promethazine 25mg and I also have a bottle of Ondansetron 4mg. Well, on the second day, I dosed 1 20mg oxy and 2 5mg oxys. Within the hour I was vomiting what I had eaten earlier. This confused me because I had taken 60mg the previous day and was fine. I kept lowering my dose (I need the oxy for back pain so it's not like I COULDN'T take them) along with either a promethazine or Zofran (ondansetron.) Despite the anti nausea medication, I was STILL vomiting. Could not keep down liquids. After the hospital, I was put on muscle relaxers because they do not make me nauseous. I waited a few days to have a dose of oxycodone. I took one 5mg pill, and got sick once again. Off of just 5mg! I vomit 8/10 times when taking oxycodone, even with the anti nausea medicine. I can't trust myself to take oxycodone anymore out of fear of getting horribly sick again! Does anyone have any thoughts on why I am getting sick on such a small dose? Should I try a different painkiller? Thanks (I cannot choose a "thread prefix" for there are no options for it so I can't post this in the right forum)

theres a difference between being allergic and being high and throwing up... ive known ppl who would get sick off one perc ten but be fine on a dozen hydros... ask your doc (if you gota script) to switch it up or buy sumin different... but IMO you sound allergic and most likely any amount will make you sick, even if you do feel high....

theres a difference between being allergic and being high and throwing up... ive known ppl who would get sick off one perc ten but be fine on a dozen hydros... ask your doc (if you gota script) to switch it up or buy sumin different... but IMO you sound allergic and most likely any amount will make you sick, even if you do feel high....

Well, yes, I had all the "high" feelings. I found myself nodding off and my body felt as if I had taken a few shots. I was pretty much feeling high before I threw up. I actually just took a 10mg hydrocodone but have yet to feel anything. I'm afraid I won't find anything to match up to the oxy. Thanks! I'll have to find out if I'm indeed allergic.

At first read I thought you might have started off way to high. Most don't initiate 20 mg 3x a day without prior use. Or maybe some do but in extreme pain. It took me a while to build a tolerance up to that much when I was taking them. I would have gotten sick if I never took opiates before and started suddenly ingesting 60 mg a day.

Then I read you got sick from only 5mg? You yeah, just might be having an averse reaction. I wish that was my case long ago. Oy!
But yeah, my cousin 'cannot' whatsoever take oxy with or without food, he'll vomit. Not sure about other roas, but It seems to me it could be the opiate itself, unless you are allergic to the buffer.

Sorry you are in this place. There are alternatives I use for pain if you ever have any questions. Cox II inhibitors are somewhat helpful and not addictive.
Muscle relaxers will help a little indeed, but only to a point…

Last edited:
yea another friend of mine would break out in this crazy rash every time he did percs and would not give a shit and just keep doin em... he never died or anything but def dumber then a bag of bricks...

Smoky - well, I was getting bottles of 120 20mg pills for every 6-8 hours due to disc fractures in my lower back. The only time I had ever used oxy before was recreationally, and it had never made me sick. I actually found myself trying to get a script for it a LOT. I think you're right, that I was on too high of a dose without previous use. I wonder if 10mg pills would have had the same effect. But yes - unfortunately, 5mg along with a little bit of food and a Promethazine did make me sick. Promethazine is one hell of an anti-nausea pill, so this sure confused me.
Anyways, my ROA was oral ingestion at first. Until the first two times I got sick, and then I attempted to crush it and snort it. Thinking since it didn't hit my stomach I'd be fine. I was wrong...

VA sucks, at leasts for me. There's absolutely nothing to do and in my area, not good enough drugs. It's very difficult finding painkillers on the streets, along with anti-anxiety meds and psychedelics. The only good thing is that I live right on the coast, which can be pretty at times...

Oy! So sorry to hear about the disc fractures Cannablissss. I have degeneration in my neck and stenosis, going in for another mri soon. I had spinal surgery.To me it does seem like it's the dose amount, yeah - especially if you took them before without having sx of nausea. Very odd.
I've indeed taken promethazine and it works well for nausea. It does make me a little tired though. Maybe wait a day between use and try 5 mg one more time.
Pill-billy, yeah - I would get a rash from the buffer actually, but not sick.. unless I took way over my tolerance. Whatever it is some just don't tolerate the opiate family.

I'm getting along quite well, actually. Though I will say, you'd be well surprised to find out how old I am going through this! Can't even drink legally.. yet. It's a miracle I was getting those oxy scripts.
I'm sorry about your own issues - stenosis, that's narrowing of the blood vessels, correct? That's unfortunate. I hope you make better progress over time and the MRI shows only positive results.

I prefer Zofran because it doesn't knock me out. At the time I was in the hospital, they gave me a shot of 50mg Promethazine. Took an hour but let's just say I passed out laying on my bed sideways.

Yes, they don't give out the oxy now like they used to, especially in Ca since the new laws.
thank you, glad you are doing okay!
Im not familiar with Zofran but probably took it under it's non generic name. Have taken most everything, lol.

Bringing this back - I am on hydrocodone 7.5mg now and am still continuing to get sick, no matter the dose..

Judging by your name, I'm sure you've probably tried this but maybe a bit of cannabis could help alleviate the nausea?

Unfortunately I did and it did not alleviate the problem. I've thrown up three times now and I dosed hours ago. Just got out of bed to get sick once again. Only had about 40mg of hydrocodone.

My body on oxycodone is really bipolar. I took a 20mg pill about two hours ago, got some homework done, and the effects are just now starting to kick in with no nausea. I haven't taken anything today, just smoked some weed. Anyone know why I'm not feeling anything yet? Did the weed delay the effects?