• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Opiate/Benzo mix. Don't want to go overboard.

I ruptured a disc in my back 9 months ago, and for the past 9 months I've been on Norco and Valium. 7.5mg Norco's, 4 times per day, 5mg Valiums, 4 times per day. Well, since the beginning I've been taking them both 2 at a time, so 15mg total of Norco and 10mg total of Valium at a time. 9 months later, I still get that high feeling (it's shorter lived now, starts within 15 minutes and last for about an hour) and then have that 'out of it glow' feeling for the next 5 hours. I've spent basically every day of those 9 months alone at my house watching movies or playing games, I live alone and I'm not allowed to really go out. So there's my story.

I have a lot of stress in my life due to my back and not being able to work and living alone and trying to figure out how to pay for bills and just last week my girlfriend of 3 years left me. So I've been drinking quite a bit. Every day to be exact, while on my meds. I still take the same dosages, 2 Norco 2 Valium at a time, first thing when I wake up and then 6 hours later I'll do it again and that's my limit for the day, I don't go over my doctors orders with those, especially seems how im already starting to develop severe short term memory issues due to the long term Valium usage.
Well anyways, like I said, I've been drinking on top of it from the stress. I'll usually take my meds and have 3 or 4 shots of tequila every 3 hours (so with each round of meds, that's roughly 6-8 shots). I've started noticing severe insomnia since I started doing it. Is that directly related to me drinking while on my meds or is it more likely due to stress/borderline depression? And what can I do to fix this? I have a prescription for Ambien but when I take it, it doesn't work. It just makes me feel high and feel like my brain is shut down but doesn't make me sleep. I've always had sleep issues (normal sleep throughout my life has been 5-7 hours a night) but for the last week I've been averaging literally 2 or 3 hours a night. Idk what to do and it's driving me crazy.

I'm really sorry for your problems. I don't know if it's the drugs or your depression and stress causing your insomnia. Both can be a factor. You're stressed and with your current problems, that's enough to keep you awake with your head spinning.

It seems like drinking, especially on your meds would knock you out. You're probably thinking too much.