• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Open and closed eye visuals from weed

Shaal

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

Have any of you experienced this kind of stuff? After a long day of working under the sun during a hot august day, I had a beer, then I smoked 2 tokes on a joint, and almost immediately I was really, really high. Then 10 minutes after the visuals started: in the dark room I was staying, a face on a poster was ever-morphing (completely changing texture and shape every 5 seconds or so). With my eyes closed, I'd see silver pipes growing in all directions in an infinite dark void, and psychedelic liana growing on them. This would make my head spin really hard and give me strong nausea so I had to keep my eyes open (such as what you get when you go to bed after a night of drinking and smoking).Then when looking at the ceiling I would see animals while looking at water stains. When my friend called me for dinner, I had strong time distortion, the time it took me to go from the room to the table seemed like for ever (it was like 3 meters away), and I felt like I was weighting the weight of a titan. When sitted, I had the impression I was still walking. I then have amnesia of whatever happened during dinner. I only remember talking nearly non-stop to my friend, but I don't remember any of it.

I'm healthy, not on any medication, and I hadn't taken any psychedelics at that time. Now that I've tried s. divinorum, I can say that the intensity of the visuals were comparable to the time I've smoked some 10x extract as one hit from a bong (even if s. divinorum is much more spectacular and mindblowing).

There is also that time when I ate too much space cake and smoked a lot. When the cake kicked in, I was playing the SNES and suddenly I could hardly breathe, the air was burning my lungs. My brain was "laggy", my vision was twitchy. When moving my arm in front of me, I would see it not a continuous movement, but "teleporting". And it was followed by blue trails. I went to the toilets and was feeling so bad I thought I was gonna end up in the hospital. I could see small characters forming on my jeans. Same as before, no use of psychedelics at that time.

I'm curious wether some people get visuals from weed. :)

It does happen for me.
Not when I started smoking weed, not even after smoking for 5years, but after experimenting with psychedelics it's fairly easy for me to have CEV's or OEV's (less likely) when only smoking weed.
They're not really complex geometric shapes like with 5HT2a psychedelics, but there are definite kaleidoscope shapes and colors.

Nice! I don't really know if I have CEV's more easily when I have smoked, now that I've tried psychedelics. It may be the case, since the last time I smoke I had nice CEV's when going to bed. I have to experiment more (I don't really have the occasion to smoke these days).

At the time of the experiences I told I had never taken any psychedelics. Also, it's interesting how I got strong visuals from weed and not any visuals from 15g fresh shrooms, and only CEV's from HBWR. Sally D gives me strong visuals tho.

I've always hallucinated from cannabis, even before I tried mushrooms, LSD and whatnot.

For me, OEVs come in form of faces & abstract designs in textures, and red "sparkles" in the air. On oral weed I've seen numerous little rainbows in the sky. CEVs are usually more varied: complex, rotating 3D geometric shapes, faces, static. They aren't very bright though, and tend to flash a lot. Once I went out of my body and everything looked like an MRI: all gray tones, and I was able to visually slice away layers to see what was underneath. Auditory hallucinations seem to be more common than anything else.

edit: Speaking of Salvia, I noticed that weeks or even months after taking it, every time I would smoke some weed some aspects of the Salvia trip would return. Not full-force, but enough to make hills more extreme, and for the air thicken somewhat with squarish, fleshy tubes (a common Salvia visual for me).

Awesome!

Yeah I forgot mentioning the audio hallucinations, but I get them from weed as well, obviously more often than visuals (since I've had them extremely rarely). In the form of music I hear when falling asleep. Also once I was listening to some UK punk while being extremely high and I was hearing the lyrics in French, which made no sense at all and had the weirdest accent (my mother tongue is French). I should have had a pen to write what I was hearing it would have been priceless. It happens also when I'm half awake while travelling, i've heard Indian in the "French" version which was even weirder.

On of the last times I smoked weed, I was so high that it made me sick, so I went outside to sit in the cold, and with my eyes half-closed I could see geometrical greenish shapes superimposed on my vision. Also I felt like icicles were going from my nose to the ground haha. SOmeone tried to get me up and I felt so nauseous that I puked. From weed only, first time ever. Also there is that one time at a festival when I saw something like energetic lines connecting objects. And I saw some guy giving a kick in his dog's butt which made me laugh my arse off for no obvious reason. That image is still carved in my mind.

I don't get flashbacks from the Salvia trips however.

I've only gotten closed eye visuals once after consuming edibles and then vaping on top of it, it was a very uncomfortable experience.

^^What's with cannabis and punk rock? Just last night I took a hit before bed, and my internal playlist automatically went to the Misfits: 20 Eyes, Astro Zombies, I Turned Into a Martian... must have something to do with the music's tempo & weed's slightly stimulating qualities ;)

And yeah, tactile/physical hallucinations, whenever they occur, seem to be strange as well. Nose Icicles, haha :) One time back in the 90s, after smoking a great deal of weed and watching Wayne's World, it truly felt like I was pissing my pants. I'd go to the bathroom to make sure the unthinkable hadn't actually happened, only to find my gear all shrunken and myself hardly able to take a leak, lol.

you guys trippin' ? cannabis is no hallucinogen and should not cause any hallucinations. it might give you the feeling that someone is in your vision on the sides and you might see some shadows moving around when you turn your head etc. never heard of anyone hallucinating on weed. you must be brain damaged

you guys trippin' ? cannabis is no hallucinogen and should not cause any hallucinations. it might give you the feeling that someone is in your vision on the sides and you might see some shadows moving around when you turn your head etc. never heard of anyone hallucinating on weed. you must be brain damaged

You are very wrong. THC is a hallucinogen. Your weed must be some raggedy brick weed or something if it doesn't get you tripping.

i used to get those effects when i first started.

also it potentiates psychedelics and dissociatives a huge amount.

^^What's with cannabis and punk rock? Just last night I took a hit before bed, and my internal playlist automatically went to the Misfits: 20 Eyes, Astro Zombies, I Turned Into a Martian... must have something to do with the music's tempo & weed's slightly stimulating qualities ;)

And yeah, tactile/physical hallucinations, whenever they occur, seem to be strange as well. Nose Icicles, haha :) One time back in the 90s, after smoking a great deal of weed and watching Wayne's World, it truly felt like I was pissing my pants. I'd go to the bathroom to make sure the unthinkable hadn't actually happened, only to find my gear all shrunken and myself hardly able to take a leak, lol.

Mine are mostly techno / classical ^^. They happen when I'm lying in bed after having smoked (except this time when "translating" english but I was pretty screwed up). Actually the music I hear is influenced by the music I've heard during the day. The music is ever-morphing, and if I try to recall it, I can't. The old is deleted by the new. I can't control the way it's going, either. Last time I also had colourful visuals with it, but I think that's only since I've taken psychedelics. They were 3D diagrams representing the music in real time.

That last paragraph made me laugh my arse off. I also have trouble peeing when I'm really stoned haha.

There is also that time I took a bong hit that my friend had prepared. He was smoking his top quality homegrown everyday, while I was smoking only the weekends. He prepared the same dose for me as he did for him. It was way too much for me. When then took the car (bad I know) and I felt like the car was going waayyy too fast (actually he was driving at 50km/h) so I was yelling at him to slow down and he was yelling at me to shut up lol. That would have been pretty hilarious to witness. I felt also like the car was drifting like crazy and that the exhaust pipe was breathing fire. Then we arrived at our friends' place and this was my most paranoid trip ever, on the brink of bad tripping (I didn't say a word for like 1 hour), analyzing what everyone was saying and thinking that I could understand everyone's state of mind and what had happened in their lives to give them these personality traits (of course I'm pretty sure now it was only some paranoid's guy bullcrap). That was crazy.

I think it depends greatly on the people. Like some people will have crazy dreams and recall most of them, and some won't.
From all the times I've smoked/eaten/drank weed, I really rarely got hallucinations. But when they happened, most of the time it was from a heavy dose of weed (except the ones I get when in bed, which are caused by interaction between hypnagogic state and weed IMO). Or weed combined with great fatigue and (one) beer in one case.

The only time I recall true psychedelic experience with cannabis would be recently a couple weeks ago. It'd been the first time I'd smoked in a very very long time. A friend offered me a hit on his bong. I only took one and oh boy was it big. I think if I had more experience with that bong or if I'd used a more familiar setup it would have gone down easier; but I coughed up a storm.

I felt the first typical stoning effects within a few seconds; bit within 5 minutes I was sent into an extremely clear headed psychedelic experience. Everything seemed lighter in color, overwhelming love and empathy swept over me. It was amazing. I would get visuals that resembled sparks flying out of power tool grinding against metal. These sparks would be all sorts of colors and would create amazing trailing patters in extremely high definition (the only way I can describe this is that it seemed as if I was seeing the world in 720p and these visuals overlapped on top of it in 1080p)

And other effects I noticed was the extreme calm and content feelings of happiness and joy for life. It also completely silenced my inner thoughts. It's not somthing I had noticed I had a problem with but I almost always feel like my mind is talking. The cannabis stopped thus and it felt like someone had turned off a very loud machine and I could hear with extreme clarity.

It was amazing

I had intense CEV's today on half of a chocolate bar (I believe it was a hubby bar?) and two dabs of shatter, started seeing what looked like cave drawings of a rural civilization.

for sure weed is a psychedelic. when i first started smokin weed, i'd trip on it. open eye and closed eye visuals and other sensory (mainly touching) distortions. everything seeming to be morphing, moving, spinning, colors are bright, alive, it looks like everyone is smiling, their faces are moving... close your eyes and you see some patterns, lightly, but still... and i never done any other psychedelic. but that doesn't happen anymore, i just get normal high, i guess may be i got de-sensitized (?)...

im pretty sure that can happen to anyone, just take a huge dose of weed. i had a friend of mine, we'd always smoke together and i'd always tell him about the first times i got high and i tripped and everything, and he was like 'wow wtf weed doesnt do this to me at all'... until one day he ATE (i believe eating absorbs the THC better, just more slowly) 3 or 4 joints worth of weed and told me he fuckin tripped on it...

i once even got a flashback from weed, i swear, i freaked out and even thought i was startin to get schizophrenic and made a topic here on bluelight haha

I can get closed eye visuals for the first few times I blaze after tolerance breaks, but I cant ever recall an open eye visual. The experiences youve explained are bizaare, Ive never heard anything like it. Id probably stop smoking pot if I had multiple hallucinogenic episodes, almost sounds a little freaky.

I can get closed eye visuals for the first few times I blaze after tolerance breaks, but I cant ever recall an open eye visual. The experiences youve explained are bizaare, Ive never heard anything like it. Id probably stop smoking pot if I had multiple hallucinogenic episodes, almost sounds a little freaky.

I didn't happen that often for me. Only on a huge dose of weed (space cake or bong) or weed + beer buzz + physical exhaustion.
Actually the space cake one was WAY too much. I thought I was gonna end up in the hospital.

I couldn't help but bust out laughing when I read that part. Back in the day, when me and my friend first started getting really good weed, we used to use what I would call a buddy system. One of us would look at the other and simply ask if we were pissing ourselves or not hahaha. There was no laughing and we would simply just let the other know that they were indeed, not pissing their pants haha. Really takes me back. I really miss smoking. Makes me way too anxious now. As far as the visuals thing goes, I got some pretty intense visuals the first couple of times I smoked but that was about it. One thing that always got me though, was being in the woods or the park and watching/listening to the sound of the wind blowing through the trees. The leaves all seemed to be moving in unison. It was truly beautiful and the sound seemed to envelope you. It was great.

Yeah, I've gotten mainly CEVs off weed. I remember the first few times I smoked they were extremely detailed, now not so much. I'd definitely describe them as closed-eyes visuals though.
I wouldn't say I've ever had actual OEVs from weed, but it can definitely produce some mild visual distortion. Nothing major though.