• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana first time with heavy oxy tolerance

Ital22

Greenlighter
So I'm new here, hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I have been searching for hours on this information and can't quite find anything similar to my situation. I have been prescribed 30mg oxycodone for over 3 years. My dosage at this point is usually 6.5 30mg oxycodone IR 3x a day sometimes 4 on bad days. So my average dose is around 195mg of oxy multiple times a day. Now at this dose I am not "high" I usually work 10-12 hours a day on this dose. I ran into some issues this month and long story short am out of all my oxy. I have 10mg opana IR that I'm going to use to keep me out of w/d, I just want to get some info on how much I should be taking compared to my oxycodone usage. I have been reading that the best ROA is intranasal and I'm not against doing that to make the best of this situation. If anyone can give me some insight or their own personal experiences on the conversion for 195mg dose of oxycodone IR to opana IR I'd be very appreciative.. Thanks in advance!

Oxymorphone is very poorly absorbed orally, so if you don't have a lot you might not have a choice on that factor.

There's online dosage converters you can play around with, you can start there. The only thing I'd add is at some point, there may be some issues. When I had low tolerance, around 90-120mg oc/day, an equianalgesic dose of om got me going great. But when I had a high tolerance (REALLY high)... something weird happened. I essentially became immune to Opana. Got a great rush but was back to being sick in under 5 minutes; went up to over 100mg IV, way above the equivalence of oxy that kept me well. Maybe it was something in the pills (10mg IR Opana; vs when it worked for me was years earlier with pure oxymorphone crystals), but I'm still convinced there's some level of oxycodone tolerance where oxymorphone just stops working entirely. Can't for sure if/what level it might flip, so as always, start small; you can always do more, but can't do less.

Opana will put you to sleep unlike oxycodone that doesn't have that effect as much. You'll end up being really sedated if you try to substitute. You should know by now the difference with a tolerance like that.