• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opana and food

Aporia

Bluelighter
Ok, so I have been searching for a more direct answer to the opana/food question . From what I've gathered, unlike other opiates I should take this with food? With a high fat food?
I know there's a mega thread and I have been trying to read through it but so far all over read is about how to "or how you can't) defeat the time release. Now, I don't care about defeating the time release, I just wanted to know if I could get better user out of them. And I honestly don't have a lot of spare time to read through the tons of posts in the mega thread?
And if it's true, what kind of fatty food? Do I eat it when I take my meds?
Would an apple fritter be a good fatty food?

Opana can cause stomach upset in some patients, so first few doses you may want to eat something, but something light. If you eat something fatty and you start having discomfort, yer gonna puke greasy mess, know what I mean? Find out how the med treats you before you have too many treats?

What mg are you dosing?

I've been on opana 1 1/2 years, first few day I took it, it made my stomach hurt so bad, but everyone is different.

They are 40mgs ER. Once been using these meds for a few months now. Just as prescribed, but I've noticed lately that they aren't controlling the pain as well. When searching the web I came across the idea that if one eats a fatty food the absorption across the gi tract will increase, instead of decrease like with Percocet's (which I was on previously).
Thank you for your advice!

Eat cheeseburgers & fries an hour before.......or a medium rare steak will do the same.

Milkshakes do the job as well........

They are 40mgs ER. Once been using these meds for a few months now. Just as prescribed, but I've noticed lately that they aren't controlling the pain as well. When searching the web I came across the idea that if one eats a fatty food the absorption across the gi tract will increase, instead of decrease like with Percocet's (which I was on previously).
Thank you for your advice!

Opana has a lower pain relief bio when roa is oral. I was on the E40's before switching to the G's (which worked better oral ROA) but I agree, the E40's don't work as well.

And they caused mega heartburn for me.

Take care. As LostBoys mentioned, enjoy a milkshake. ?

I do love me a milkshake ��
Thank you again! I'm hoping my mri will finally be approved and we can work on fixing the problem, instead of just masking it!

The prescribing info that comes with opana does indeed recommend eating a high fat meal 1 hour to taking.

I seem to remember it also said not to eat then for 2 hours after taking. That may be correct or I may not remember correctly. The eating prior to is definitely recommended though

And yes bioavailability is low taken orally. It's supposed to help with the meal. But most peopl prefer to snort them for the higher BA and one needs the generics or old stop signs to do that