Admin Attention Oops! We ran into some problems. <<< WTF?!?!?

Blowmonkey

Bluelight Crew
it keeps derping occasionally
R52XKhJ.png

refresh and it's alright, but it only saved one sentence of my post (that's a good feature to have btw). Screenshotted and lost the just cut/pasted entirety of the post, so had to go back and rewrite it, lol.

This sometimes happens when I click the next page of the topic while I was writing my reply already. Been only happening recently, since a couple weeks or so?

How good are you at using the error console?

It's more than likely the overzealous firewall, an issue we've had for a while now. I had it hit me a few times today when trying to upload some images. I think it disliked a couple of the links I included. Could be the issue you're having as well.

As CFC indicated, it is a firewall issue we're having for the past several months. Our webhost (hi, skydancer) put up a new firewall late last year and we're still finding things that need to get whitelisted. What would help is if you can utilize the developer tools of your browser to help us identify the server call generating the error. I'm not sure on other browsers, but for Chrome you can use the 3dots > More tools > Developer tools

3NNMxZG.jpg

That opens a pane on the right side. With your post in question, hit preview or submit to generate the new reply and as you get that 'Oops...] error pop up, the 'Console' tab of the developer tools will list the server call that caused the (usually a 403) error. If you can copy the url at the top and provide it to us, we can have the host whitelist that command so it can function properly.

1N209k5.jpg

HOWEVER, this is also occurring at times when people have urls to other sites in their post. So far THAT issue has appeared somewhat random as we haven't been tracking to figure out WHICH urls are triggering this. I tried both listed in your post, and they seem fine.

=======

From BM and anyone else, please help us address this by identifying the bluelight server command giving the errors, and reply back here with them so we can fix it for everyone. You can likely hover and-or right-click on it to copy the url address from the developer tools pane.

IF you experience the 'other site url' issue, please post those here as well. As you can't put the url in a post, please either provide a screenshot of the url in question or use the [plain]https://this_url_is_bad[/plain] bb codes

I get this a lot, seemingly at random. I'll look into this developer-tools thing next time it happens.

Guys, this sounds hard. 😄 I don't think I'm very good with the error console, I occasionally missclick stuff and have developers tools pop up and can't make heads nor tail with it. The detailed explanation helps a lot though, I'll see if it works when it happens again. Probably will, it's pretty random yeah, not just reserved for when I'm trying to post something, but clicking a next page will do it sometimes as well.

Reactions: CFC
Well, usually when there's an error. Could be a multitude of reasons, usually because we just added a new bug feature and did something a little off and the software chucked it up there like a hairball.

Or, it could be that the server didn't like part of the text you were trying to upload into a post...in fact, I'll merge this into that mega-thread. We need everyone's help identifying what words and phrases are causing those 'OOPS' messages so we can address them.

Well, usually when there's an error. Could be a multitude of reasons, usually because we just added a new bug feature and did something a little off and the software chucked it up there like a hairball.

Or, it could be that the server didn't like part of the text you were trying to upload into a post...in fact, I'll merge this into that mega-thread. We need everyone's help identifying what words and phrases are causing those 'OOPS' messages so we can address them.
i dont get it