• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Onion juice for maintenance of thick hair - and other appearance treatments

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Approaching mid 30's - christ time goes by quick - noticed my hair on top is getting thinner than that at the sides (I find it unbelievably depressing/startling that I'm even writing that - I never got beyond 17 yrs old in my own mind. My outward appearance disagrees).

A little "research", onion juice seems to yield optimal results for thickening hair back up.

Haven't started yet, but it's on my "to do" list.

Purple onion blended, juice put in an applicator bottle and applied under a hair bag for 30 minutes or so.

Other appearance treatment "to do" - teeth whitening.

Tried conventional 10% carbamide peroxide gel, nothing doing.

Order 35% hydrogen peroxide and tried it; nearly eviscerated my gingival lining.

So ordered some cheek/lip spreaders and silicone gum lining protective gel; intend to do my own "dental in office" whitening once they arrive.

Apart from that I shoot botox into my forehead, and wear discreet amounts of make up (as the signature says, I'm strictly into women - and chicks love a dude who can embrace his cosmetic side).

Will keep updated with progress.

I’m in my 30’s, my little brother lost his hair at 18, my other brother fairly thinned at mid 20’s, my dad lost his mid 20’s too. Everyone in my family is bald. I’m the only one with a halfway decent head of hair, I’ve got slight loss on the front edges but not much. I actually just started getting some gray hair this year lol.

So a few things I swear by...

Number 1.. While in the shower or after working out, bend over and massage/scratch your scalp for a minute. I notice there seems to be patches in the areas where hair loss most often occurs of tingly numbness that can be worked out with the occasional massage.

You want blood flow up there. I’ve heard old school hair dressers swear by this.

Next is rosemary and peppermint oils are said to help, I’ve found a shampoo with both (Trader Joe’s peppermint/tea tree) that seems to have done me well over the years.

Finally, I only wash my hair once every 1-2 weeks, I allow my natural oils to take over more or less. That said I still rinse my hair in the shower well daily with hot water.

Even with all this shit I’ll still lose it eventually I’m sure but I’d rather be 50-60 than 30-40.

I’m sure my diet and exercise helps too. You’ll lose it no matter what with shit diet and lifestyle.

-GC

Want some life advice?

If your hair is thinning, shave the fucker off. There's nothing more sad and desperate than a bloke trying to hide his hair loss.

Grow old disgracefully. Don't try and hang on to your youth.

And don't even think of getting a toupee...

Yea when you finally get to that point where it looks like shit, shave it. I shave mine now even with hair..

But can those who’ve lost hair honestly say if they could go back in time, they wouldn’t simply massage their head once a week and change shampoos (using less than normal even, so less work overall than the average daily head washer..) in an effort to keep it?

Onion juice is one thing, but I’d say it all comes down to how far you push things.. I’m not gonna try every remedy in the book to keep it but IMO I can handle a few minute head massage once a week.

-GC

I've heard that just regular scalp massages do more to stimulate hair growth than any of the so called remedies out there...

If you're concerned enough about your hair loss to drink blended onions and rub your scalp with rosemary, maybe you should give real science a chance. Minoxidil is most effective when use is initiated at the first sign of hair loss. Hair loss treatments can restore hair that's been gone for a year or two but 5y+ hair loss is irreversible.

Other than that, there is general association between hair loss, insulin resistance, and lack of exercise, but fixing these aggravating factors is only likely to delay the loss of individual hairs and does not cause regrowth.

I guess the whole scalp massage thing sounds believable enough, though.

If you're concerned enough about your hair loss to drink blended onions and rub your scalp with rosemary, maybe you should give real science a chance. Minoxidil is most effective when use is initiated at the first sign of hair loss. Hair loss treatments can restore hair that's been gone for a year or two but 5y+ hair loss is irreversible.

Other than that, there is general association between hair loss, insulin resistance, and lack of exercise, but fixing these aggravating factors is only likely to delay the loss of individual hairs and does not cause regrowth.

I guess the whole scalp massage thing sounds believable enough, though.

Exercise and diet are definitely bigger factors but I feel I say those two so much on this site that I’m starting to annoy people ;)

But I’m assuming sugars are horrible for hair loss as they are for everything else..

-GC

lol I started balding at like 24... first grey hairs at 28... just accept it man its called getting old and stress

I own it now and shave my head

Exercise and diet are definitely bigger factors but I feel I say those two so much on this site that I’m starting to annoy people ;)

But I’m assuming sugars are horrible for hair loss as they are for everything else..

-GC

I'm 99% sure stress, anxiety and bad diet contributed to my early baldness and greyness....

stress LITERALLY kills, google it

Want some life advice?

If your hair is thinning, shave the fucker off. There's nothing more sad and desperate than a bloke trying to hide his hair loss.

Grow old disgracefully. Don't try and hang on to your youth.

And don't even think of getting a toupee...

I might shave it and THEN wear a wig.

Plenty hot chicks wear wigs.... fuck it, they make them look hot, so can I.

I might shave it and THEN wear a wig.

Plenty hot chicks wear wigs.... fuck it, they make them look hot, so can I.

Wigs as wigs but watch out for crows, they have big fingers and they wear wings too

you can swear they're parakeets, I shit you not