Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

One of us is getting very very boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
muzby said:
simple thing to anyone bitching about the forum - if you don't like it, no one is keeping you here.

there are plenty of boards out there, just the same as there are plenty of personalities. different people like different things.

the reason a thread has moved off the front couple of pages is because no-one is interested in it. if its that important, archive it. otherwise, let someone re-invigorate the topic by starting a new thread. i know i'm less likely to scroll through 7 pages to read the last post on a thread that i have seen for ages. i'm more likely to see what new thoughts have been developed in a new thread.

please just remember, this is a social forum. its a great way to meet people. we have forums for just about everything else under the sun, so if you want to discuss music, drugs, sex, thoughts, awareness, health issues or just piss fart about, go to one of the other forums. but i'll stay here. i've enjoy getting to know people through their posts, having arguments, making friends, generally learning more about life.

if you can't handle that, go.

couldn't of made it any plain and simpler.

KemicalBurn said:

the fact is dude, flaming n00bs is a time honoured tradition to teach people how to the ways of a certain forum. public humilation seems to be the best method - the ones who learn: stay. the ones who dont: dont come back cause its almost as if theres a "flame on sight" warrant issued for them...

I'm really not sure I like this attitude KB. Clearly I've missed something because we don't "flame" "n00bs" or however you put it, in SLR. We create a welcoming atmosphere where anyone can say anything, with severe discipline from the MODS when it's necessary, not other posters.

I don't know what it is about your posts on this subject that kinda ticks me off, maybe it just feels to me like you're taking the whole superiority thing a little too far.

Or perhaps, as I stated earlier, I really am out of touch with these so-called 'rules' (despite my status and seniority)?

muzby said:

simple thing to anyone bitching about the forum - if you don't like it, no one is keeping you here.

I disagree mate.........I enjoy posting here and feel i have a right to help maintain some standards.........you dont have to agree with me though.

the reason people put titles on threads is so you know whats in there. no-one is forcing you to read them. you will, however, be forced to read silly posts by people (yes, i'm to blame here..). shit happens. sometimes i'm in the mood where i dont want to read peoples crap. i skip over them. same as at times i dont want to read a long complicated thread or post. i skip over it.

No argument mate........except for the number of dribble threads taking over..........But I accept its something we all need to work on.

for those who are complaining about no originality in this thread, well, i've been around here for 4 years now, and i'm pretty sure that most topics have been covered in one way or another. and there are a lot of people out there who jump on the this has been posted before bandwagon (i do it occasionally)

lol..........actually you do it a lot.........lol.........so much so that to me its one of your trade marks.

and then we end up with mods locking the new threads and bumping the old ones. the reason a thread has moved off the front couple of pages is because no-one is interested in it. if its that important, archive it. otherwise, let someone re-invigorate the topic by starting a new thread. i know i'm less likely to scroll through 7 pages to read the last post on a thread that i have seen for ages. i'm more likely to see what new thoughts have been developed in a new thread.

100% agreed.

undoubtebly someone is going to take offence to something i have written in this post. personally, i dont really care. if you have taken offence, please just remember that we are all different people, and not everyone is going to think the same as you. tolerance is not just about understanding where someone is coming from. it's having respect for them & their thoughts, and letting them live their life the way they want to.

Amen.

lol @ the whole noobs ruining aus social argument. You realise that the post whores here are mostly 'vets' who have been here since 2002 .... they're the ones with the majority of useless posts.

This is one of the only threads of late where I've actually sat down and read every single post. Kind of ironic really, isn't it. =D

If new posters [I hate the word newbies or n00bs :p] are scared off from posting the first thing that comes into their head, then I think it's a good thing. The more people think about what they're posting the better off we all are. And if someone is scared off from posting althogether then well... they're probably the sort of people who wouldn't have lasted long around here anyway.

Nezo is right too. Heaps of the post whores signed up a few years ago and now think they have the right to do whatever they want because they've been around for a while. That being said, in his day 1234 was a killer post whore and yet his posts were [usually] interesting, well written and not merely conversation with another user.

Anyways, I think this topic has been pretty much done to death! Glad MazDan brought it up though. :)

Wow this thread is better than your average 'aus social has gone to the dogs thread' that muzby quite rightly stated pops up every year around this time.
Flame wars, some useful discussion, insight..... reminds me of the bluelight i joined, i might actually start reading social some more.
What can you do, some people suck donkey nadgers, just ignore them and flame the fuck out of them when they break the rules!

im sitting back and smugly smiling. im part of that old school crowd. ;)

i cant help but feel that the blueilght AUSocial forum is a mini-blueprint for actualy social humanity in REAL life. History repeats, nothing is new. Its all part of a circle.

^ haha Actually I don't think you are old school. Our problem is that we're forever doomed to mid school status. There will always be people who have been around a few years longer than us. 2002 was a stellar year though. ;)

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:

Or perhaps, as I stated earlier, I really am out of touch with these so-called 'rules' (despite my status and seniority)?

Moderators don't need to know memberator rules;)

up all night said:
^ haha Actually I don't think you are old school. Our problem is that we're forever doomed to mid school status. There will always be people who have been around a few years longer than us. 2002 was a stellar year though. ;)

2002. pssht ;) so mid school :p

up all night said:
Heaps of the post whores signed up a few years ago and now think they have the right to do whatever they want because they've been around for a while.

And there's a problem with that? ;)

Old skoolers hold as much worth as someone who's signed up today - flaming new members is so 2000 :p

I'm really not sure I like this attitude KB. Clearly I've missed something because we don't "flame" "n00bs" or however you put it, in SLR. We create a welcoming atmosphere where anyone can say anything, with severe discipline from the MODS when it's necessary, not other posters.

i was using rhetoric about the internet as a whole. Whether you approve of the attitude is irrelevant cause how things are run in SL&R isnt the yardstick for the rest of the internet.

I don't know what it is about your posts on this subject that kinda ticks me off, maybe it just feels to me like you're taking the whole superiority thing a little too far.

for the most part i was taking the piss :\

you've mis-read. and you're doing the same thing now that you were complaining of in the previous paragraph.

peace :)

KemicalBurn said:
i you're doing the same thing now that you were complaining of in the previous paragraph.

'twas only a gentle reminder meant for you ... and I would never pull that on a very new person. Although I take your point; touche ;)

I'm sorry I took your posts the wrong way, usually I have a very good humour radar. I just get all lioness sometimes about the young cubs that's all :)

The next time you're about to hit the "Submit Reply" button, pause for three seconds and re-read what you wrote. That's all it takes, three seconds of your time, to spare this forum so much grief.

Relax, man. It's only two months into 2005.

Originally posted by vurtomatic
The next time you're about to hit the "Submit Reply" button, pause for three seconds and re-read what you wrote. That's all it takes, three seconds of your time, to spare this forum so much grief.

I've been here over two years but i don't consider myself 'old skool'. I think of people that were here years before me in that category.

I can sympathise with the people being 'picked on' that they are post whores because i was told i was one when i first joined here too. BL is the first forum i posted and i thought (and still do) that it's great. A fun bunch of people, some like minded and some not that in general can have fun and talk and discuss a variety of topics.

I tend to only post when i really have something to add or if i strongly agree/really like someone's post so say so.

The lack of quality of threads has gone downhill though in the past six months or so. I don't even open half of them (so i agree with the 'if you don't like it don't open it because that's what i do.)

Aussie social however is still my favorite part of BL but i don't come here as regulary as i used to anymore :\

Status
Not open for further replies.