• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

one of my friends on discord is about to kill herself and i can't do anything about it (Giant content warning obviously)

Factualist

Bluelighter
I feel so powerless. She says she has a noose in her hand. She won't talk to me in voice or even call Samaritans because she hates her voice so much. I keep saying exactly what helped me through my darkest times and she shoots it down.

I suggested we change the subject because beating a dead horse would just push her away further. So we started talking about Minecraft and now she's talking about how stupid she is for not understanding how to install mods says she doesn't want to use FeedTheBeast because every time she plays it will reminder of what a failure she is

Bigotry is over though now guys, everything's fine. We just need to stop complaining so much and people will like us more.

:/

Are you in direct contact with this person?

If you genuilely feel they are going to kill themselves then reaching out to people trained for this seems like the best move to make.

I don't have the contact info for any of her relatives and I have no way of finding it. I don't even know if this would work but I offered to call the international suicide hotline for her, I can't call Samaritans for her because I'm not in the UK right now, but she shot that down too.

Also I genuinely do, and regardless I think it's always better safe than sorry, no matter how much a person talks about it or how many attempts they have.

I'm almost certain beyond a shadow of a doubt she doesn't use Bluelight, she doesn't do drugs afaik, but I even hesitated making this thread because I'm using the only handle I ever use.

I guess with those severe limitations I would do what you can with what your working with.. and that's what your doing.