• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

One more night

Very cool... as per your other stuff I dig the thinking out loud, the ambivalence, the ironic tone, the quirky honest details (infomercials about diamondesque jewellery, etc).

To me you paint love as a sham which hurts like hell, but tells all the best jokes along the way. Something like that anyway...

Along active years, we met people who were ''some'' aka ghosts without make-up -- and then we met people with great stories. E-Girl, up all night are just a few of diamonds in the dirt. Always glad to hear from the old brigade.

Just out of interest @E-girl , what do you think of the E's these days..?
I only had E once in well over a decade, with a friend from NY, for old times sake. It was all the feels. But it was missing the whole nightlife experience amongst all my friends. I haven’t been able to step foot in a club or a party in a very long time. Somewhere along the way it just felt like that chapter had closed, and there wasn’t ever going to be a way to have a new chapter that even came close to touching it. I often felt like I lived my whole life in my 20s. My life is very different now but I never forgot the people I met along the way.

I only had E once in well over a decade, with a friend from NY, for old times sake. It was all the feels. But it was missing the whole nightlife experience amongst all my friends. I haven’t been able to step foot in a club or a party in a very long time. Somewhere along the way it just felt like that chapter had closed, and there wasn’t ever going to be a way to have a new chapter that even came close to touching it. I often felt like I lived my whole life in my 20s. My life is very different now but I never forgot the people I met along the way.
Yes, the old skool days. I remember Big Wheel Roller Rink, Space Night Club and Buzz oh and the one someone told me was the Play Station Release Party i think it was at Randalls Island. Yes, it was all about the friends you were with and the most memorable was the cute little blonde with glitter and the pikachu backpack that would light up the room when she walked in.

I wanted to write a masterpiece
About you [and me].
A mona lisa of the written word.
But instead I got drunk
And watched infomercials about diamondesque jewellry.
Sometimes I want to call you
to say,
Let's pretend.
Let's hide in the silence of unshed tears
And build barriers against our imminent destruction.
Let's pretend to be in love.

I don't care about who will replace me
Or who came before me.

Just touch my skin to help me breathe
And say my name to give me life
Because wine and cigarettes are proving to be
A rather unhealthy substitute.

Maybe you'll notice the weight I've lost [for you?]
And you'll dream of me in those short white skirts.
The ones you always loved so much.
Maybe.

I want to fall asleep nestled in your arms
Until I wake up with my back to you
And realise
I don't belong there anymore.
I just need
One more night
And then I'll be able to say
[I don't love you]
SO GOOD! WOW! Loved, loved this!

But i did not cry at all.