• Words Moderators: Mysterier

One more night

up all night

Bluelight Crew
I wanted to write a masterpiece
About you [and me].
A mona lisa of the written word.
But instead I got drunk
And watched infomercials about diamondesque jewellry.
Sometimes I want to call you
to say,
Let's pretend.
Let's hide in the silence of unshed tears
And build barriers against our imminent destruction.
Let's pretend to be in love.

I don't care about who will replace me
Or who came before me.

Just touch my skin to help me breathe
And say my name to give me life
Because wine and cigarettes are proving to be
A rather unhealthy substitute.

Maybe you'll notice the weight I've lost [for you?]
And you'll dream of me in those short white skirts.
The ones you always loved so much.
Maybe.

I want to fall asleep nestled in your arms
Until I wake up with my back to you
And realise
I don't belong there anymore.
I just need
One more night
And then I'll be able to say
[I don't love you]

I want to fall asleep nestled in your arms
Until I wake up with my back to you
And realise
I don't belong there anymore.
I just need
One more night
[I don't love you]

Great to see you writing again (even if it made me cry).

=D

intended masterpieces never come out that way, but something that may not be a masterpiece can still be exquisitely, painfully, beautiful. and i didnt just mean that for your writing.

*sighs* honey... ill be there to give you the massivest hugs ever very soon... be ok. ok.

-love ant

Last edited:
I just need
One more night
[I don't love you]

but that never really works, does it?

speg: no, that almost always never works... but ya know what? in most cases, just thinking that all you need is one more night, gives you the strength to think you will be able to move on. and at times like this... you need the most strength you can get.
I get what you are saying though. it's reality. brutal reality.

anyway...

upallnight: this was wonderful to read. the strength is in the place we least expect to find it. (and in these cases, it's usual in ourselves/we just tend to forget how it was exactly we survived before 'them'.)

=D great work

iLoveYouWithaKnife said:

upallnight: this was wonderful to read. the strength is in the place we least expect to find it. (and in these cases, it's usual in ourselves/we just tend to forget how it was exactly we survived before 'them'.)

that was so lovely :D

up_all_night:*mwah* hun you i am here for you whenever needed. you are a strong girl and i know you will pull through this downside. you deserve to be happy babe and sometimes the only way to be happy is to work through the shit that makes you un happy. *sends a ((hug))*
24.gif

I am not even saddened by this piece not cause of the pain but because of the growth i see in you with your written,

awesome girl.

processing is a bitch but it does wonders :)

What a wonderful piece of writing chickette... I have to say ive never seen anything you have written and im so impressed. Although the subject is rather crap and sad, its good being able to write about it and get it out... all part of the healing process. *hugs* Hope your ok... your a strong girl, i know you'll get through it.

Keep writing... i eagerly await your next piece! :)

i loved this.
i knew i would, before i ever read it.
you have such a way with words (and unsaid words)

aw, this rules. great writing :)

(you're concentration on the startling sadness of the banalities of your environment - "instead i got drunk/and watched infomercials" - is fantastic.)

*hugs*

i love the way it gets more powerful (and sadder) as it ends. I hope it gets better for you (and I hope you keep on writing) :\

Thanks so much for your comments everyone. I <3 this forum. I'm always amazed at the talents of the writers, both new and old, who never fail to impress and touch me.

Funny how I started writing in this forum about a boy who broke my heart... and two years later I'm doing the same thing, just about a different boy.

I have never read any of your work before and was very pleasantly surprised... you REALLY have a way with words. I hope you are ok, and may things work out the way you want them too. Best of luck.

up all night said:
Let's hide in the silence of unshed tears
And build barriers against our imminent destruction.
Let's pretend to be in love.

this is something magnificent. pure, sentimental, honest.

i feel bad to have missed it. great bump

Damn. This was a lifetime ago.

Hey E-girl, they made me a mod... who woulda thunk it. ;) Come back soon. xox

Love the contrast of blunt real and abstract soft sentiment
I find most poetry strives too hard for the latter and doesnt connect with anyone because of it

you deserve it sweetie. you were always an inspiration to me. cafe and coffee talk will still always be my fave, but i remember i moved it to best of bluelight, so i couldnt bump it here :)

i luv ya.

up all night said:
Damn. This was a lifetime ago.

Hey E-girl, they made me a mod... who woulda thunk it. ;) Come back soon. xox