• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids One month clean today.. Still experiencing withdrawals.. advice please

hydr0m0rph

Bluelighter
So as some of you may know, I was using Butyr-Fentanyl for a few months.. approximately 10 grams per month. I was addicted to Heroin for 10 years prior to this.
China shut down the Acetyl and Butyr fentanyl analogues (banned) so i decided this would be a good time to try get clean. Today I have been free of all opiates for a month.
I didn't sleep for a full 9 days. Even now I don't sleep properly. I will sleep an hour, wake up for an hour and fall asleep again.. this goes on until about 1 am.. at which point I am up and don't sleep again.
I have no energy. I always feel tired. I have gained about 10 pounds which is encouraging, but constantly feeling tired and no energy, is really getting to me.. Some days I feel like I am going crazy. I feel useless and I am getting more and more frustrated. I force myself to exercise daily.. trying to eat right.. take vitamins.. but so far, nothing has helped.

So my question is..

A. Has anyone been thru this and felt normal again?

B. I may have the possibility to get on Subutex. I am seriously considering going on 1mg a day of Bupe. I was very against this, but at this point anything is better than feeling this way for a long time.

any advice appreciated

If you've been using for that long, going on a low dose of sub would probably make for an easier transition. So long as you don't cold turkey that too.

If you've been away from all opiates for a month now then taking 0.5mg to 1mg of sub might be what you need to help yourself get back to normal. Tapering slowly off an amount like that shouldn't be too difficult. If you do go the sub route, which sounds like a reasonable idea, I'd start on a real low dose and then take more as needed to find out how much you need for a maintenance dose.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply, Carl.

I think I am leaning towards the low dose of sub.. I will start real low and take it from there.. I have another week till I can get the subs.
thanks for your advice.

Thanks for your reply, Carl.

I think I am leaning towards the low dose of sub.. I will start real low and take it from there.. I have another week till I can get the subs.
thanks for your advice.

You've made it this far, a month is very impressive man. I say keep excerising, eat healthy, cut processed meats, diary and eggs out of your diet, (contrary to what those industries want you to believe, they are are all very unhealthy for humans)
Eat lots of fruits and veggies and keep pushing forward. You've made it past the first month, that's so great dude. It will only get easier now as you battle through paws, and you will have good days and bad days but you just have to be relaxed with your approach on bad days. Give yourself a break.
Sex and hot showers/baths should help as well.

If you start back on subs, if you have any past history of addiction, chances are you'll begin to chase a high again, and eventually end up back in a crappy addiction. Good luck on your continued recovery.

I disagree about SUB; getting on Sub will make it MUCH harder in the long run to do what your doing; and if you've already gotten a month clean may just stick it out in 30-60 more days you will feel like a new human being; don't get on SUB or try to do some stupid sub taper if you've been clean a month;

the guy above me gives great advice

You should be lucky your not in benzo withdrawal its a fucking living nightmare

Well done Hydro!!!! Mate that is a HUGE achievement! You'll have to share your experience when you feel up to it, once you're out of the woods. All the advice above on diet etc is excellent advice. I would love too see you skip the subs and power through but I completely understand you wanting to ease your suffering, either way you choose you've still achieved a major feat and should be proud!

these are post acute withdrawals. your bodys gonna take longer than a month to heal. itll get better eventually but only through staying clean and treating yourself properly.

i personally think you should leave the subs alone and just stick it out another couple of months, youll start feeling a little better every day at some point and IME theres no feeling like it!

I disagree about SUB; getting on Sub will make it MUCH harder in the long run to do what your doing; and if you've already gotten a month clean may just stick it out in 30-60 more days you will feel like a new human being; don't get on SUB or try to do some stupid sub taper if you've been clean a month;

the guy above me gives great advice

You should be lucky your not in benzo withdrawal its a fucking living nightmare

Great post...you already made in a month after such a long period of use...It's going to take a few months to feel better...suboxone will just set you back...

I appreciate the advice.
Basically, my feeling is that I can get thru another month or two of feeling like this, and would rather do that then get back on any type of opiate. I don't want another chemical chain around my neck. But i have read of some people experiencing this for years, and thats something I am not ready to go thru. I can't because I have responsibilities and I need to get back to life..
Your posts are very encouraging, and make me want to continue to try to remain completely clean.
I will eventually post here about how i made it a month. this is the best I have done in over 10 years of addiction.. so I have a lot of hope.. dreams and ambitions are returning. its a great feeling to be clean. if i could just feel normal.. i would never look back.
thanks again for your replies