• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Once you become addicted to oxycodone, can you ever use it again without withdrawals?

Best thing to do is be completely honest with your doc and yourself. I'm in a chronic back pain situation with either a risky surgery or taking daily painkillers as my options. over about 18 months I went from codeine to hydro-morph. I had a healthy respect for the opiates as I've CT'd off H twice, but I still got myself in trouble. Im at the point now where I take script codeine almost every day and have percoset available for really bad days. I finally figured out that a chronic pain condition is just that.. You are going to be in pain most of the time, you have to deal with that. I can use painkillers to take the edge off and thats as far as I go. As you have probably figured out, there is nothing quite like having your pain AND going through WD's at the same time.

I wish you the best, It sucks I know. Get off the oxy if you can, and try to forget about getting warm and fuzzy with opiates, it will only bite you in the ass.

Last edited: