• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Once a month MDMA use. Anyone notice long-term side effects?

itll take probably about a month, there was a new study done (i believe) at harvard med that studied heavy MDMA users who've abstained for a set period of time, vs a control group of non mdma users, vs a group of mdma users whom had used within the previous 30 days.

they found that seretonin levels had returned to baseline after the 30 day period, and that all users after 30 days of abstinence were at near or identical levels as the control group of non users. Basically, if you use PURE MDMA at a safe dose (70-120mg) without redosing and take relatively good care of yourself whilst on the drug, you can assume that there will be relatively no lasting damage to your brain. Cognition and memory should remain strong.

What this says to me is that, assuming repair of SERTs and neurotransmitters takes 30 days, and one uses every 31st day, you'll have 1 day at "optimal/baseline brain function" and the rest of your life is spent repairing. Not like you're at 0% and returning to 100%, mind you.

In my personal experience, the time i overdid it the most was a festival last summer, where i took at least 1 good, clean roll (mint) every day for 3 days. It took me about a week of feeling kinda weird and a little out of it (somewhat depressed, maybe) before i felt normal again.

Also, you might want to check this out, caffeine guy:

"Caffeine overdose can result in a state of central nervous system over-stimulation called caffeine intoxication (DSM-IV 305.90),[37] or colloquially the "caffeine jitters". The symptoms of caffeine intoxication are comparable to the symptoms of overdoses of other stimulants: they may include restlessness, fidgeting, anxiety, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation.[44] In cases of much larger overdoses, mania, depression, lapses in judgment, disorientation, disinhibition, delusions, hallucinations, or psychosis may occur, and rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue) can be provoked.[45][46]

Extreme overdose can result in death.[47][48] The median lethal dose (LD50) given orally, is 192 milligrams per kilogram in rats. The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass or roughly 80 to 100 cups of coffee for an average adult.[3] Though achieving lethal dose with caffeine would be exceptionally difficult with regular coffee, there have been reported deaths from overdosing on caffeine pills, with serious symptoms of overdose requiring hospitalization occurring from as little as 2 grams of caffeine. An exception to this would be taking a drug such as fluvoxamine or levofloxacin, which blocks the liver enzyme responsible for the metabolism of caffeine, thus increasing the central effects and blood concentrations of caffeine five-fold.[46][47][48][49] Death typically occurs due to ventricular fibrillation caused by effects of caffeine on the cardiovascular system."

"The LD50 of MDMA ranges from about 100-300 mg/kg in assorted rodents.[42] The single-dose LD50 in humans can only be guessed at, but may be on the order of 10-20 mg/kg (oral.)"

the ld50 of caffeine in rats is quite similar to the ld50 of mdma in rats. however, human sensitivity seems to be more dependent on a case-by-case basis. Also, fuck tiger's blood bro, rat's blood is the way to go apparently.

basically, with my approx body weight and taking a conservative approach, i would have to consume roughly 1.8grams of PURE mdma to consume a lethal dose. Also, in said caffeine article, people have reported extreme overdose from approximately 2grams of caffeine taken in pill form. Sounds pretty identical on the scale of danger. Not to say caffeine is a neurotoxin, but i mean, if one were to take a dose of 40mg of mdma OR a dose of 40 mg of coffee, the danger would probably be pretty... non existent.

However, we can all agree that a 240mg dose of caffeine (pretty common in energy drinks) has a less profound effect than 240mg of MDMA. So, im not trying to say MDMA is equally as dangerous as caffeine, im just saying caffeine is a lot more dangerous than people think.

Why do you think energy drinks "forbid" users from taking more than 3 a day, and not within 4 hours of each dose? Legal reasons, we can assume, that have occurred in the past and given manufacturers enough trouble to print a warning label.

Honestly, i have some short-term memory problems, but like the majority of rollers, i also smoke weed and I had these problems before my first roll. So i attribute those problems purely to weed, because after rolling 10 times I have not seen my memory or anxiety etc. get any worse. When I slow down on thc consumption, i feel a lot better mentally, while i have not stopped the once per month of mdma. mdma, imo, is safe. Drinking coffee every day for a lifetime seems much more damaging than once a month mdma use.

yeah i don't like coffee, it induces headaches and the smell/taste are repulsive, prefer tea 8)

I've been using MDMA and MDA bi-weekly for about 7 months now at 300-500mg doses and i've been noticing more so lately difficulty with quick-thinking.
Problems finding the correct words at the correct time, shortened attention span, but the longer i go without the better it gets. So I'd imagine it's PAWS and nothing
irreversible yet. I haven't noticed anything else and i can usually spot that sorta thing in myself.

I've been using MDMA and MDA bi-weekly for about 7 months now at 300-500mg doses and i've been noticing more so lately difficulty with quick-thinking.
Problems finding the correct words at the correct time, shortened attention span, but the longer i go without the better it gets. So I'd imagine it's PAWS and nothing
irreversible yet. I haven't noticed anything else and i can usually spot that sorta thing in myself.

From what I've read (can't talk from experience). You're going to be pretty fucked up after 7 more months of going like that.

basically, with my approx body weight and taking a conservative approach, i would have to consume roughly 1.8grams of PURE mdma to consume a lethal dose. Also, in said caffeine article, people have reported extreme overdose from approximately 2grams of caffeine taken in pill form. Sounds pretty identical on the scale of danger. Not to say caffeine is a neurotoxin, but i mean, if one were to take a dose of 40mg of mdma OR a dose of 40 mg of coffee, the danger would probably be pretty... non existent.

However, we can all agree that a 240mg dose of caffeine (pretty common in energy drinks) has a less profound effect than 240mg of MDMA. So, im not trying to say MDMA is equally as dangerous as caffeine, im just saying caffeine is a lot more dangerous than people think.

MDMA induces more relevant changes in the neurotransmitters than Caffeine. If you take 200mg of MDMA, you will probably be passing the neurotoxic range on your specific organism. If you take 200mg of Caffeine (2 espressos), you do not receive any neurotoxic effect.

MDMA is a very "healthy" drug, but it alters the levels of important neurotransmitters in our brains, and important worldwide universities continues studying the benefits and consequences of it! We cannot compare MDMA with Caffeine (at least in the amount of tangible documental scientific information available at the moment)

Why do you think energy drinks "forbid" users from taking more than 3 a day, and not within 4 hours of each dose? Legal reasons, we can assume, that have occurred in the past and given manufacturers enough trouble to print a warning label.

Yes, it all depends on the country. Here you can just drink 1 per day following the suggestion from the manufacturers. Of course to take more than 300-400mg of Caffeine per day can have serious consequences.

I also had seen cases like one friend becoming like "zombie" permanently after a week taking MDMA every single day. That will not happen with caffeine so easily I guess.

I started rolling in 2006, and have done it around 75 times since then. I actually don't roll anymore and haven't in months, but was bored and jumped on this forum for the first time in a while. Anyways, when I first got into ecstasy, I came across the 'once a month' rule and stuck to it. Overall, this was way too much for me to handle and I was blind from the damage I was doing to myself.

Although I was once very pro ecstasy and would talk about the drug non stop with people and spend tons of hours researching it (introduced 7 people to the drug), I grew up and realized that was further from the truth, and I bet many of you will also think that one day when most of your regular drug using days are a thing of the past. No, I never abused it, and never used it more than once a month. Honestly, anti drug people seem to exaggerate the risks, and people who are sucked into these drugs (as I was) always under estimate the risks, in reality there is an in between. Again I never abused E, had amazing times and connections on the drug (which is why we are all here talking about the drug and choose to use it), but I'm 25 now and don't find this to be a part of my life anymore. Since I have stopped doing it all together, I have noticed a lot of improvements in my life and feel like I am back to my old self. There were some great times with friends using E during that period, and I don't necessarily regret it, **BUT** it's just my opinion and personal experience from use, and I find MDMA to be quite more damaging than pro MDMA sites and people claim.

One of the main reasons I tried ecstasy was after viewing 'Ecstasy Rising', the 40 min ABC documentary from 2004 about the drug. Now, I found this video praised the drug a little too much, made it seem a little safer than it really was.

I would say you should not use this drug more than a few times per year, probably once every 6 months at most. I'm not saying I won't ever roll again one day, but it would have to be the right opportunity presenting itself to me.

When you roll once a month, you are ALWAYS in recovery mode. Once a month is NOT a life time rule for safety and MDMA, it is a safety limit I guess for people who phase in and out of the drug. For any long term use, once a month will likely not do you well.

Put it this way, somebody who uses MDMA once a month say 5-15 years during their younger days in comparison to that same person not using the drug at all, they would probably find themselves in a much better position not doing the drug. Much less frequent use (1-2 times a year), might yield more similar results to abstinence.

The good news is, once a month users likely don't face irreversible damage, so if you were a young college kid like me and could afford to function at a lower than normal level most of the time, go ahead it was a blast.

Some persons might recover sooner than others. If we think about the damage in terms of neurotoxicity (the main identified risk of this substance, from my perspective), we can easily think that some persons might recover their standard "balanced" biochemical state before others.

I also think that number of dosages in a session, and total session dosage is very important in order to ensure optimal recovery.

Parameters like neurotoxicity -and, probably, other damages to other areas- are increased also as a consequence of, for example, combining substances like alcohol in the same session, not sleeping well the days before the experience, not having a balanced lifestyle... etc.

Seattle_Stranger

I just came across this thread. It's been a few years, obviously, but I'm sort of looking for answers. I used MDMA almost everyday for about a month and a half (from Christmas 2014 until about February 2015. I have only used once in the past two months. I have noticed a lot of long-term symptoms - mainly deep depression. I used to have heavy anxiety but that's gone away. But, that's about the only good thing. I am in generally good health, but I have little patience for things like music, TV. I stopped drinking about a year ago and I'm kind of freaked out by the thought of drinking to lift my mood. Weed works occasionally. I also came off anti-depressants around Christmas 2014 - which is why I was using MDMA. It really worked to get me through any symptoms from getting off my Celexa.

Anyway, I've been prescribed 30mg (Roxicodone) - 4/day - and they don't help much at all. It's like the MDMA made my brain uncomfortable with being high - and generally uncomfortable with everything. Does anyone have any insight/solutions? Will time heal? I think my serotonin levels/brain are confused. Sorry to ramble. Blame it on the MDMA, I think.
peace
PS> I'm new to bluelight - I posted Seattle_Stranger because his/her posts were spot on ... and I'm wondering if things got better or more normal with him/her.

Once a month is okay. I use about once a month but I would recommend abstaining for longer here and here. You can't do this for too long as you'll start to have cognitive and psychological issues. You could form an addiction pretty easily too.

The side effects I've experienced are actually a "mood evening" effect and a feeling more empathy and appreciation for everything.

I have taken MDMA probably about a hundred times in my life. I have taken it quite often this summer. I think I average once every three weeks. I have been feeling very crappy after the last dose. I feel like I over did it. I think once a month is a bit to much. It drains the serotonin system and creates a disconnect from reality. I feel as if I am in an existential crisis. I am questioning my life much, and even though I am filled with privilege, I feel empty....

I will admit that there may have been some adverse reactions from also using alchol at the same time as the MDMA. I think this is a huge issue with it. Drug interactions defiantly make the trip much harder.

Well i dont only use once a month but I'll give my usage results. Ive been using mdma for almost 9 years. I usually use once a month, sometimes more and sometimes less. The longest ive gone without rolling is about 9 months. The worst ive done is taking mdma and bk-mdma(methylone) for 3 months everyday besides about 10 seperate days within the 3 months. I lost my mind and took a long time to recover. Anyways i generally roll once or twice a month with occasional abuse and occasional breaks over the 9 years.

Long term effects i have that are for sure from my usage is im easily prone to episodes of depression and at times i can be overly emotional. My memory is fine though. Lastly my vision isnt as good as it used to be, because rolling dilates pupils allowing more light into the eyes causing some harm while rolling in daytime and seeing bright lights during night rolling. My vision is still better than most people though, just not as sharp as before.

I know this thread is really old but being a past user of mdma, I am just realizing all of these negative effects hitting me left and right two years later. I got so scared, I felt so alone but reading the experience of others helped in a way because no one around me is going through this (that I know of at least). I was in bad place in my life and didn't care about the long term effects and decided to do mdma that was cut with god knows what just about every weekend (maybe every other weekend) for about three months straight and it's been two years since I've been clean. I also went through traumatic domestic abuse just recently and got a concussion from the abuse and it's now that I feel just about every single side effect under the sun. I'm sorry for everyone else that has these effects because it's not easy. Just letting it all out because no one around me understands. Thank you if anyone takes the time to read this.

I know this thread is really old but being a past user of mdma, I am just realizing all of these negative effects hitting me left and right two years later. I got so scared, I felt so alone but reading the experience of others helped in a way because no one around me is going through this (that I know of at least). I was in bad place in my life and didn't care about the long term effects and decided to do mdma that was cut with god knows what just about every weekend (maybe every other weekend) for about three months straight and it's been two years since I've been clean. I also went through traumatic domestic abuse just recently and got a concussion from the abuse and it's now that I feel just about every single side effect under the sun. I'm sorry for everyone else that has these effects because it's not easy. Just letting it all out because no one around me understands. Thank you if anyone takes the time to read this.

Yeah I hear ya bro, i dont ever use cut mdma as I got lucky and have the finest you can find xD but i been using for about a year now almost 3 times a week for a few months then just weekends then 3 or 4 a week.......i got to the point where i just am starting not to want to do it anymore really. It DEPLETES your seratonin. But the thing is im on a 4mg klonopin script. It makes comedowns not exist and me not give a FUCK about anything....

Mental Suicide. When you redose on the same night or redose too often (to be on the safe side wait 6 months, yes SIX!!), you literally burn holes in your brain and deplete your happy cells. I overdid X and molly, all clean shit all tested, but too many 2-3 day festivals, spaced out about 3 4 months apart. 5 EDC's in a row. up until that shitty anxious roll that ruins it all. That was 3 years ago. You'll never be the same. Be careful this isn't something you taper off of or fuck around with period. It feels fucking amazing and warm and uppedy but your brain can't take it. You'll notice signs in time. Do not ignore them. Enjoy the experience by the way, if/when you do, put your damn phone down and soak it in

be safe #PLUR

You'll be alright for a while, but don't expect to keep doing this for any more than half a year or so. Side effects will creep up on you in a way where you don't exactly notice it until your life is consumed by anxiety, depression and cognitive issues. You suddenly can't remember things, you start having a more pessimistic outlook on life, your balance is constantly slightly off, perception is slightly off, you begin feeling empty and useless, just generally 'in a funk', and all these symptoms slowly show themselves in very sneaky ways. You don't detect something one day and say "Oh, there's a side effect, I should stop using E now to prevent issues." No, no, it goes more like "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine, OH MY GOD I'M SO NOT FINE I NEVER HAVE BEEN AND NEVER WILL BE AGAIN!!!!"

At least that's how it went for me. :)

Just be careful man!
Did you get better?

Mental Suicide. When you redose on the same night or redose too often (to be on the safe side wait 6 months, yes SIX!!), you literally burn holes in your brain and deplete your happy cells. I overdid X and molly, all clean shit all tested, but too many 2-3 day festivals, spaced out about 3 4 months apart. 5 EDC's in a row. up until that shitty anxious roll that ruins it all. That was 3 years ago. You'll never be the same. Be careful this isn't something you taper off of or fuck around with period. It feels fucking amazing and warm and uppedy but your brain can't take it. You'll notice signs in time. Do not ignore them. Enjoy the experience by the way, if/when you do, put your damn phone down and soak it in

be safe #PLUR
What are your side effects? What are you doing to repair? Abstaining from all drugs?

be safe #PLUR

You literally burn holes in your brain?

Evidence?

🙄