• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

on methadone maintenance, should I take opiates before, after or same time as dose for best buzz ?

bediphrent

Bluelighter
sorry, don’t know if I posted in the right spot,

but does anybody know? just bored. tryna see if I can catch a buzz, if not oh well. lol

So, same time as dose, after or before ?

(extremely high tolerance, no lecturing please :))

ps: been a closeted reader of this site for over a decade !

thanks to all the extended blue light family out there for the years of info. ❤️

OK first off be very careful with this. Methadone is very powerful.

Ok so in my experience, taking my methadone syrup, the effect starts becoming noticeable after 40 minutes and peaks at an hour and a half.

So when I take something else with it and when them to peak together. That's the timings I use.

But please be careful. <3

Especially if combining with non opioid depressants. Or strong opioids you aren't experienced with.

So if you dose in the morning. Use later in the evening. Like 12-15 hours post dose. Dosing and then using within 45 minutes is OK too. If you dose, and use between hours 2-8 or so, it will kind of be a waste.

You can try using before dosing as well, but never felt right that way. There is something mentally about knowing you dosed.

I found my experience to be very similar to this. I found the high to be a lot better 12 hours or more later from dosing. But you do want to dose first, cause if you're on a high dose methadone heroin isn't going to hit you nearly as hard.

But please follow harm reduction, test product and start small. As you always should.

sorry, don’t know if I posted in the right spot,

but does anybody know? just bored. tryna see if I can catch a buzz, if not oh well. lol

So, same time as dose, after or before ?

(extremely high tolerance, no lecturing please :))
I've been on methadone for 22 yrs. Methadone blocks opiates from working. So your not gonna get high. Right now if you've jyst started on methadone your gonna get a high feeling right now for a bit. Probably not off and spill your cereal all over you. Lol but your not gonna get high from opiates while on methadone

^^^ that is not true.

You must get poor quality opiates. Or likely blitazed your brain from 22 years of dosing and have an obscene tolerance and just needed more + powerful opiates. A full agonist has no ceiling. You can use to the level of death.

Got high for years and years on top of methadone. To the level of falling asleep at a stop light (have even nodded at stop signs before), or nodding so hard the cigarette woke me up burning my fingers.

Have even OD on top of methadone. Meaning I was beyond high.

Crap dope, or a partial agonist is probably a waste. Good dope, even large doses of oxy / roxi (not even bringing up fent here as that will blast right through the methadone and is very dangerous) will get you high.
Yes your right depending on what your using. For me I do have a high tolerance and to use opiates now for me is pointless. Also I'm.only 24ml so ill be done soon. I chose to stay on this long as security because i didnt want to use and was cleAN for a long time until recently. But now im. Clean again and working on getting my carries back

I've been on methadone for 22 yrs. Methadone blocks opiates from working. So your not gonna get high. Right now if you've jyst started on methadone your gonna get a high feeling right now for a bit. Probably not off and spill your cereal all over you. Lol but your not gonna get high from opiates while on methadone

Could you perhaps specify what dose you're on? Cause I'm also on methadone. 3 years myself.

And other opioids most definitely still work.

For clarification my dose is 80mg.

Its also possible it may vary from person to person. Metabolism, size, sex, genes, etc.

Yes your right depending on what your using. For me I do have a high tolerance and to use opiates now for me is pointless. Also I'm.only 24ml so ill be done soon. I chose to stay on this long as security because i didnt want to use and was cleAN for a long time until recently. But now im. Clean again and working on getting my carries back

How many mg per ml? It varies by where you live. Usually either 5 or 10mg per ml but other versions exist.

Even at 5mg though that'd be 120mg.

Last edited:
Methadone when I woke up, get shit done then H on the evening was best.
Unfortunately most the time I’d just use as much as possible as often as possible.
just remember u reap what you sow.
One say u will pay for it

Methadone when I woke up, get shit done then H on the evening was best.
Unfortunately most the time I’d just use as much as possible as often as possible.
just remember u reap what you sow.
One say u will pay for it

Yep.

When you're an addict it's reaaaal hard not to just use everything you have, no matter how self destructive it is.

Could you perhaps specify what dose you're on? Cause I'm also on methadone. 3 years myself.

And other opioids most definitely still work.

For clarification my dose is 80mg.

Its also possible it may vary from person to person. Metabolism, size, sex, genes, etc.

How many mg per ml? It varies by where you live. Usually either 5 or 10mg per ml but other versions exist.

Even at 5mg though that'd be 120mg.
Psychonautwiki.org tells that 30mg is quite strong. Never tried it but they call it liquid handcuffs. If only opium were easy to get as an alternate. Someday maybe.

Just a curious question, I’m not on heroine, but to those who try to get off of it and use methadone, you have to stay on it for life?

That means you’ll never get clean, heroine messes your body up that bad where you have to rely on methadone to survive, you can never stop taking methadone?

Just a curious question, I’m not on heroine, but to those who try to get off of it and use methadone, you have to stay on it for life?

That means you’ll never get clean, heroine messes your body up that bad where you have to rely on methadone to survive, you can never stop taking methadone?
No u can stop methadone

@LordOfThisWorld @Soso78 It's got to be extremely difficult to ween off. But I said in another post there are therapies (ibogaine, ayahuasca) and other opiates that are better but not prescribed like methadone. But I only know oxycodone, hydrocodone, and opium never heroin or methadone.

Psychonautwiki.org tells that 30mg is quite strong. Never tried it but they call it liquid handcuffs. If only opium were easy to get as an alternate. Someday maybe.

Well it's all relative.
30mg is extremely strong if you have no opiate tolerance. Probably knock you the fuck out. Might even be dangerous if you were a fairly small person.

But 30mg isn't much at all for probably the average heroin user.

@JessFR I did 30mg of Oxies twice. I like weed so much more. Do you desire to be clean of methadone one day?