• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

On-line gamer dies after 10 days of non-stop gameplay

applesbliss

Bluelighter
http://www.physorg.com/news8913.html

A South Korean man collapsed and died from exhaustion after playing computer games for 10 days.

The 38-year-old man collapsed Thursday as he was playing an on-line game at an Internet cafe in Incheon, west of Seoul.

"He was carried to a nearby hospital but declared dead on arrival," a police officer told AFP.

The officer said the man had played computer games from morning to night every day and had barely stopped to sleep.

In August, a 28-year-old man died in southeastern Taegu city after playing an online computer game for more than two days.

© 2005 AFP

How does a dude stay in a Cafe for 10 straight days? Wonder what the game was... He must have been leet by the end of that stint...

Man.. you can only expect this to get way worse eh, considering how fast games and technology develop...

I wonder if like, dragons and orcs and shit were real, would people then play games about our world? Hmm. . . probably not.

I thought my sick addiction to Mario Baseball (and gambling on it) was bad... but this actually puts MY problems back into perspective. Shit...

if he was South Korean it would either be WoW or Counter Strike ;)

that said, Seoul has 10 story high internet cafe's so nothing surprising there.

If I didn't have the common upkeep of sleeping and eating and having to search for both in the natural world, I'd probably be starting another character in EQ2. I like my assassin the way it is though and am willing to take a little break . . . perhaps for the better.

2 days is deadly , that's scary

or did the 28 old guy have like a bad heart

6 months straight in an Internet Cafe

http://bbb.typepad.com/billsdue/2005/12/xinhua_on_a_gam.html

Xinhua on A Gamer Who has Lived in a Net Cafe Since June 2005

A college dropout in Nanjing has spent the last 6 months in a Internet cafe sleeping, eating and playing World of Warcraft. The woman who delivers food to him no longer wants to get near him because of the smell. The article describes his hands as "as skinny as chicken feet", and apparently you can measure the crust of grime that has collected on his clothes. Lovely.

He claims he pays for his gameplay by earnng money through World of Warcraft. And apparently he is quite good.

The article goes on to state, somewhat negatively, that the cafe is open 24/7, and that it, along with many others, is situated very close to several universities.

by the end of that you probably would have forgotten about "real" life. . bizarre!

People living entirely in cyberspace already (apart from their physical bodies of course) . . i didnt think it would happen for at least 20 years ;)

Don't let it be a future headline

Youth dies after 28 days non-stop posting on drug related message board, taking brief breaks only to take various stimulants and masturbate.:)

SardonicNihilist said:
Youth dies after 28 days non-stop posting on drug related message board, taking brief breaks only to take various stimulants and masturbate.:)

I'm multitasked. I can masturbate and post on Bluelight at the same time. :eek:

Die2Versify said:
Was he really playing Tetris? Or are you joking.

I wonder what game it really was if your joking Formico.

I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised if it was World of Warcraft. If it was, I need that article so I can give it to my husband. He plays that game waaay too much. 'Look honey, Warcraft is going to KILL you if you don't stop playing!' ;)

It could be worse though; he is not crusty and disgusting like the guy in Applebliss's article