• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids On 15mg of Hydro, ok to take 5mg more?

Ringo88

Bluelighter
I take Valium 9mg a day, I am dependent on it, been taking it for a couple of years.

I usually dose 10mg Hydro, but would like to up it this time. Just took half a 10, which puts me at 15. Ok to dose the other half and make it 20mg Hydro? Haven't dosed my Valium night dose yet (5mg), postponing as long as I can to get the pure Hydro high.

You mean hydrocodone and not hydromorphone, right?
Iirc hydrocodone gets dangerous above 1-2mg per kg bodyweight and the maximum dosage is 0.3mg per kg so you should be alright, but let's wait for some other opinions.

Yep, hydrocodone. Well, I already took it, so let's hope I turn out ok lol. I'm sure it's fine, with me being tolerant to Valium. Just a more intense high.

Yep, hydrocodone. Well, I already took it, so let's hope I turn out ok lol. I'm sure it's fine, with me being tolerant to Valium. Just a more intense high.

Benzos and opioids don't really have cross tolerance. I'm sure you'll be fine, that's not a really high dose, just pointing out that benzos and opioids activate different receptors, so you being tolerant to valium has nothing to do with how you'll react to an opioid.

Benzos and opioids don't really have cross tolerance. I'm sure you'll be fine, that's not a really high dose, just pointing out that benzos and opioids activate different receptors, so you being tolerant to valium has nothing to do with how you'll react to an opioid.

Oh I know they are completely different classes of medication, I just said that about my Valium dose to show that my body is tolerant to it, so that the respiratory depression wouldn't be as bad as if I were new to both of them.

Plus, I take Hydro about every 4-5 days, this is the highest dosage I've done in years. I feel great, but wouldn't want to go any higher than this.

Oh I know they are completely different classes of medication, I just said that about my Valium dose to show that my body is tolerant to it, so that the respiratory depression wouldn't be as bad as if I were new to both of them.

Plus, I take Hydro about every 4-5 days, this is the highest dosage I've done in years. I feel great, but wouldn't want to go any higher than this.

Oh, now I understand, yeah 5 mgs. of valium is not enough to really worry about mixing with hydro.

Ugh, how I wish 20mg of hydro would get me good. Stay safe and watch your Tylenol intake.