• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Other OLYMPICS 2020 (Tokyo 2021)

i've been dipping and enjoying whatever is on.

i absolutely loved this from the opening ceremony:

alasdair

Video is blocked for me, but that wouldn't happen to be the amazing 1800 drone rotating 3D globe would it? That was a pretty f'ing impressive feat.

First skateboarding gold already awarded - to the hosts Japan!

Just been watching the Taekwondo. Was expecting Britain's Jade Jones to defend her 2 x olympic gold performances so was sad to see her knocked out in the first round. Also watched our male athlete Sinden get pipped for gold by the Uzbekh dude. Sad but that Uzbekh teenager was very impressive, some great kicks!
I am crazy for skateboarding

and ITS IN THE OLYMPICS.

wow how things change.

not much into the front foot hoppers (Taekwondo) though the true military art in korea is not too bad.

but skateboarding if only it was around in the olympics when I was young.

I still skate but after a serious knee injury on a 12 foot vert ramp I find I have to slow down a bit.

still watching my sport go global like this is really something special.

I love seeing skate in the Olympics. But I must admit, I found the street event extremely boring compared to the X games events. I don't see them ever replacing the X Games when it comes to the variety or intensity of the events and the talent level of the competitors.

yep no vert ramp as they were to scared that there would not be enough competitors that could actually do it.

still watching the game of skate is awesome.

Almost half way through the games now, and the Japs are doing really well in their home olympics. UK came second in Rio but I think we're going to bomb out pretty badly this time.

dYwlcAP.png

and ITS IN THE OLYMPICS.

wow how things change.

not much into the front foot hoppers (Taekwondo) though the true military art in korea is not too bad.

I still skate but after a serious knee injury on a 12 foot vert ramp I find I have to slow down a bit.

I'll watch any and all fighting sports but I did enjoy watching skateboarding for the first time. BMX is also good fun.

love seeing skate in the Olympics. But I must admit, I found the street event extremely boring compared to the X games events
Olympics coverage sucked here, the commentators had no idea about skating and from what I got to see, it was boring.

Still, gold medals went to good people and I'm stoked for them.
I did enjoy watching skateboarding for the first time.
Check out SLS (Street League Skateboarding). Above and beyond, the best skate comps ever. It hasn't been on since covid but it's back next month. I'll make a thread in Sports and Gaming when it streams on YouTube.

Skating is the only thing close to a sport that I've ever been into and seeing it as a competitive thing is difficult for me because it was just about hanging out with my friends and pushing myself to do things I'm terrified of.

Typically, everyone skating SLS is really supportive of each other though, highfiving their competition when they pull something awesome and the atmosphere just drives everyone to go big.

Fuck I love beach volleyball
Best part about living on the coast... second is cheap good (used to be anyway) drugs.
Ahhh, those actually were the days. Many will never experience the days of real stuff and uncommon ODs. Shit... ya aint even gotta tell anyone what od means... back then people were like "Was an OD?". yep. better days imo
<3

men's 400m hurdles final just now... amazing!

alasdair

and ITS IN THE OLYMPICS.

wow how things change.

Yeah it's lovely to see. I mean hell, skateboarding is a lot more skillful and technical than A LOT of Olympic sports!

Best part about living on the coast... second is cheap good (used to be anyway) drugs.
Ahhh, those actually were the days. Many will never experience the days of real stuff and uncommon ODs. Shit... ya aint even gotta tell anyone what od means... back then people were like "Was an OD?". yep. better days imo
<3
Haha, there are officially no OD’s these days.

It’s been replaced by “With C…”