• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Other OLYMPICS 2020 (Tokyo 2021)

CFC

Bluelight Crew
Is anyone else watching and/or interested? I watch most of the sports as I'm a little obsessed, but what are your favorites? Any athletes, sports or teams that you're particularly interested in or hoping will do well this time around?

I try to keep up with basketball, swimming, diving, and this year I'm excited for skateboarding!

• Heart
Reactions: CFC
When are the games starting? I really don't pay attention to the Olympics but I might try this year.

I usually enjoy gymnastics, I don't even know if that's something that's going to be happening this year or not.

... yeah I'm just realizing that now. Watched some of the skateboarding events. Pretty awesome stuff

First skateboarding gold already awarded - to the hosts Japan!

Just been watching the Taekwondo. Was expecting Britain's Jade Jones to defend her 2 x olympic gold performances so was sad to see her knocked out in the first round. Also watched our male athlete Sinden get pipped for gold by the Uzbekh dude. Sad but that Uzbekh teenager was very impressive, some great kicks!

Leticia Bufoni, skateboarder from Brazil is baaaaadd af.

• Love
i have been pretty much up most nights so been watching it in the background.

Rugby 7's seems interesting in the fact i think that the betting markets are probably not priced correctly. GBR beating the canadaians atm, fiji beat japan in the end 24-19 but were losing 19 12 at one point!

i have been pretty much up most nights so been watching it in the background.

Rugby 7's seems interesting in the fact i think that the betting markets are probably not priced correctly. GBR beating the canadaians atm, fiji beat japan in the end 24-19 but were losing 19 12 at one point!

Japan are dangerous in 7's (well, in Union as well...). Those were some solid opening matches. I still expect Fiji to do well, though obvs there's NZ and Oz as well, and they'll be looking to make up for failure in Rio.

Yeah my mate bet on summer mcintosh to win the 200m freestyle at a whopping 50/1 odds. She is only 14 but beat the 4 time candian medalist in the qualifiers.

I imagine she will make the finals but she has ariane titmus to beat who is 4/9 on to win it so i imagine she will need alot of luck!

why are the Australians so fucking good at swimming?!?? Is it all the surfing ect they do? 😅

why are the Australians so fucking good at swimming?!?? Is it all the surfing ect they do? 😅

They have olympic sized pools everywhere and a longstanding culture of pushing and training kids up thru the system to excel into adulthood. In contrast, until a few years ago, there was only 1 olympic-sized swimming pool in the entire UK and even now not a single Uni has one :ROFLMAO:

Yes, being able to swim fast is a really big deal in Australia.That's why our prime minister is a mako shark.

I see Yuto Horrigome (Japan) took gold in men's street skateboarding. Good. Dude is awesome. Incredibly focused and very humble.