• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids old methadone advice: Old brand pulled from market? Any experience?

solarchat

Greenlighter
I recently acquired old methadone pills (5 yrs old I think). I like to have emergency Meds for events like Katerina or Harvey. I didn’t know anything about this brand until I researched it, and it is not in the Orange Book, nor is it listed on the manufacturer’s website. I did find old pain management forum posts from 2012-2015 that basically said it sucked. Had about 50% effectiveness as other generics. Anyone know how long these types of pills are good for and I have no idea how it was stored. I don’t plan on taking them unless their is a zombie apocalypse and I am out of my usual pain medication. One of the pills had orange stuff on it, bacterial growth maybe? Would a wheel filter be good? What size and type. I know very little about methadone. I took it 20 yrs ago for a few weeks at a time at a clinic when I was in a bad way. Any info would be helpful.

i'll keep this open for the minute as long as we all please remember BL has a no drug ID rule.
and yeah so long as those pills have been stored right (dry and out of the direct light) they should last years and years - i'd be concerned about the growth on one of them tho - if you were deadset on using it i would scrape off the gunk and just eat it as opposed to shooting it as you could get some terrible complications from introducing some mystery bacteria into your bloodstream directly such as endocarditis.

Last edited:
send them to me I will dispose of them, they are no good.

JK: 5 years past expiration? I'm sure they are fine.

Yea, I’ll toss the orange one, and these were given to me really classy like rolled up in a business envelope (prob stored that way). These will be oral only, but I never would shoot methadone or anything for that matter, I haven’t had veins in 18 yrs. I have recently been self IMing B-12 and glutathione per doc’s orders. That’s kinda fun in a buzzless kinda way. I am scared to try to IM any type of pills cuz I’d end up w/ abscesses. Although, I do have some pills that it has crossed my mind if there was a germ free/additive free way to IM, I might.

If it's oral I would not stress the orange stuff unless it looked really off

If it's oral I would not stress the orange stuff unless it looked really off

eh, either way, whats one pill?
solarchat - you're not in immediate need are you? i'd launch that one outta the window and replace it in due time.

Nope, not in immediate need. These will be on reserve for the zombie apocalypse. I hope I won’t need them until then.

Well I'm not saying take it, but I'm saying unless the orange stuff looks unhealthy I wouldn't toss it if the choice was that or withdrawals

eh, can't say rightly what would happen one way or the other with that mold
caveat emptor - be safe man, at the very least no IV with manky stuff plz