• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Old "expired" oxycodone and hydromorphone 6 years old

whateveryouwill

Greenlighter
Irrelevent to question: I used to be a very active member on this website about 8 years ago. got clean... "clean". used subutex for 6 years. basically taking 1mg a day. went to detox now im actually "clean" but i have used since being off subs. i used to get scripted over 100 30mg irs OC a week. its been about a month of no subs and not being dependent on opiates. but i still am an addict and have mental cravings. now i was taking oxy everyday for (600-1200mgs daily at worst WORST [drake]) 4 years and then subs for 6 - so my mind is understandably fucked up.

Actual Q:>> i (or SWIM lol) have a bunch of different types of pills - all legal btw. mostly Oxy Ir's in either 10mg or 30 mg. some vicoden and percs, and some hydromorphones.

Now since most of them are 6 years old, how much power have they lost? the other week i took 30mgs of oxyocodone before dinner, felt it but it wasnt enough and over the night i snorted another 30mgs OC and 4mgs Hydromorphone. i hit the limit with that, anymore and i woulda been sick. (felt great lol (; ). so is it possible they lost HALF? seems like a lot.

anyone got charts or scientifix bullshit on this?

Also if this is in the wrong place i am sorry don't yell at me

Only if its been stored in an area with strong temp. fluctuation / damp climate...

they last decades if stored properly. there's probably some other reason you needed a higher dose, i doubt it's because its expired

They will work; but you are an opiate addict, and you know how out of control you get with opiates, and you are finally clean so do you really think it's worth it just to get high or keep getting high and eventually get as bad as you once were?

Thanks for responses. I tried responding that day but my computer overheated while I was typing and never sent it...

the reason I probably needed so much was a mixture of being on bupe for 6 years and only being off of them for about a month and the pills being a bit old. I ended up finding newer 30irs for free from someone and 2 of them whacked me A LOT (orally) compared to the 50mgs oc and 4mg hydromorphone I took prior. Whatever it was, over the past about 3 months I probably been high 1-2 a week.

And correct, I do become out of control especially cuz I can go to a doctor and get them. (Not like it used to be . can probably obtain 1/4 the monthly dosage I was getting before I started subs). New pharmacy rules in my state apparently.....

Not much else to say though. To be honest I am an addict and can't really see myself ever being clean for a long time without the help of subs. Idk, that's my mindset as of now, could change. Winter blues......