• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Okay dammit. End this debate: Is MDMA hallucinagenic or not?!

Your looking at this the wrong way...
Hallucinating/Tripping is not just about the changes in the way you see things, its also about the way it changes the way your mind sees things.
From this point of view, MDMA is most definitely a halluciogenic.
Jase.

Well said Jase... thats what I was trying to say above but could not find the right words. MDMA effects different minds differently. It causes perceptual changes (as well as physical changes in the eyes and their movement). In some people thos perceptual changes alos effect how we percieve images. Hence, I would say yes it is a hallucenogen.

o geez, I know I don't post all that often, so I really don't wanna sound like some insane lune and wreck my name on the board,
BUT, you guys, I swear 3 of the times I rolled last year, (all 3 Houston clovers) I had MAD visuals and so did my b/f. Too make things worse, twice, we saw the same thing. Now the pills weren't tested by Dancesafe, but we surmised they had to be laced with something. Visuals included a 3-foot black waiter at night with a drink tray standing over by the pool, my friends skin was entirely tatooed, so that it almost looked like a wetsuit, and the worst--my b/f's penis looked like it was fitted with a studded condom--
ok, there I said it. That was jus too weird to admit.
But..the other times while rollin, I've only had light visuals...like the shapes, shadows and tracers. I dunno, but I'd love to score some of those good ole clovers again...very happy/lovey pill
plur,
T

Let's take a pharmacological look to this question...
The classical hallucinogens produces their behavioral effect via
5-HT2 agonist mechanism. There is a significant correlation between
5-HT2 receptor affinity and human hallucinogenic potency.
The R-isomer of MDMA has slight affinity to these receptors, but
the affinity seems to be so weak, that the bare R-MDMA doesn't produce
significant effects in humans. The S-isomer, which acts
presynaptically releasing 5-HT, is the more active form of MDMA.
This shows that MDMA can have slight hallucinogenic effects, but
the serotonin releasing effects seems to be the main activity.
hmm..I can't explain well, because my english is so poor...
frown.gif

There are two things that I *always* see on a strong dose, so I'd say it produces mild visuals:
1. glasses on people
2. yellowish paint stripes on people's faces (like glow in the dark)
This only happens in dim light and at a distance. Many people I know get the same effects.

I don't think it is, I've done my share of acid and mushrooms and the visual effects I get from E are very different from the intense hallucinations you recieve from acid or mushrooms.
E can make things look jittery or give you trailers. But it doesn't make the walls flow or the floor or anything for that matter move the way it moves when your doing good on some acid or mushrooms.
Just my opinion.
------------------
I pretend to work. They pretend to pay.

I said it up there and I'll repeat it.
Halluciogenic is not just visuals.
Halluciogenic is also the way you think differently
There are some types of shrooms which give you very few visuals, yet you are still very strongly tripping.
I trip alot on Ecstasy and occasionally get some visuals when combined with Pot.
Jase.
[This message has been edited by Jase (edited 27 April 2000).]

For me it's always been rare if I DON'T have at least one visual hallucunation per roll. I'm mighty pleased about that too - I love 'em because with me they're so unpredictable but also easy to shake if I want to. I remember on my first time I had one, and then how much I liked being able to look away from the hallucination and make it dissapear at will, unlike on a bad acid experience
frown.gif
. I've had some long ago that were very visual, which I guess were probably MDA, but the majority of beans I've had have been good MDMA and I know it's 90% certain it'll make me see stuff that just ain't there!
Not a proper hallucinogenic maybe, but hallucinatory certainly.
smile.gif
Mr S

I've had many many instances of absolutely mind-blowing closed-eye visuals using N2O, ecstasy (can't be 100% sure if it was MDMA or MDA or what, but my test kit results have been black), weed and combinations of some or all of the above.
last friday, I experienced some visuals w/ my eyes wide open... I smoked a little weed and had dropped a mitsubishi. I kept seeing my friends' faces liquidize in the air for a moment (think of how the surface of a calm pool of water looks the moment you touch it), then they'd have shiny hard metal or plastic looking helmet-faces which then would ripple back to their actual faces. at one point, I was standing in a very futuristic looking room w/ all kinds of very shiny, very gorgeous metal and plastic things w/ a view of the galaxy
smile.gif
then as soon as I knew it, I was back in my gf's bedroom and reeling over what I had just seen... when I'd close my eyes, I would get swept up in all kinds of amazing fractal images and really intricate colour-blocks and line patterns that seemed to swell out of a vortex.
but did I answer your question? nah, not really... honestly, I always see things; eyes closed or open.

It's hallucinogenic, I'm pretty damned sure, mainly 'cause I hallucinate like a motherfucker when I'm coming off of a roll, almost always. But you're right, they are NOT like acid visuals, they're usually cute, stupid stuff like funny faces in the woods or dancing snowflakes in car windows, and they only happen on the come-down.
MDA, which I'm pretty sure I HAVE had is damned sweet, but the "hallucinations" only involved haloes on lights and stuff, not real visuals, no CEV's either.
------------------
Your Phriendly, Neighborhood, Psychedelic Psuper Hero

Yes the answer is yes
smile.gif

www.lycauem.org check that out... The Government has MDMA as a halloucitiongetnire ( spck :p ) Seriously it is, my friends have gotten crazy visuals off of XTC
smile.gif

Much love,
Shinobi
------------------
Every great journey begins with the first step.

I'm sure that some pills cause neto visuals. I've stood and watched inanimate(sp) objects start to move and dance. All that I had taken were two pills that I'm sure were mainly MDMA. The main trippy thing that happens to me is the day after a party, I keep hearing techno all day. Sometimes peoples voices sound computerized and it's pretty cool. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else? Or maybe I'm crazy? Anyways, everyone have a good day!
------------------
Dancing with myself oh oh!

Deep.. I see your back in full swing... pretty soon I will have to yell at you to stop cracking me up!

i think it might have those properties bc the other day when i was starting to come down i was walking down the hall at a friends house and i SWEAR to god i heard the music they were playin at the party that night so i was like 'oh they must be playing some techno cuz they didnt get to stay'[3 of our crew left and went back to the house] and so then i thought it was coming from upstairs where my bf was so i was all 'wait. no. he must be playing it'
then it hit me!
there was no music! but i swear it was there-like i heard it for a good minute or so and it scared the shit out of me! i was even dancing a little to it! i was truly freaked out after that...
another time when i had a bad roll i ran away from my friends behind a school and i was standing in like really dark place like on a patio type thing near some bushes and i kept thinking my boyfriend was in front of me like looking at me trying to approach me really slow so he wouldnt scare me, so i stood there since he wasnt moving really just thinking MAYBE he doesnt see me he just thinks he does...
and of course...
he wasnt even there.
and i dont know what was in either of these pills...both were mitsubishis.

The last time I was coming down, I was walking home from a rave, and every noise I heard turned into techno music. Leaves moving, cars, and ESPECIALLY the wind. I thought it was really cool. Same thing happens when I'm coming down off of acid. Also my last roll I was in the bathroom rolling pretty hard, and the tiles started to shift and move a little bit. I don't know if this was from the E (which was really clean), or because I always get some visuals when I do other drugs due to my acid experiences (perma tracers, etc).

If I may insert my lovin' spoonful right here (brace yourself):
My experiences have included MDA, MDEA and MDMA, fortunately mostly MDMA. I have found:
1)MDA goes on intensely for HOURS (8-9 hour roll and moderate visuals ie difficulty in recognising people's faces moments after I have just talked to them and superb lighting effects including a weird feeling that the club lights were actually a continually moving fluid organism that i could reach out and touch (although puzzlingly it always flowed through my fingers so I didn't get to take any home with me).
2)MDEA gives me that 'stoned', can't move my legs properly feeling and very vivid visuals when I close my eyes but nothing when they are open. I have spent an unknown length of time in a toilet cubicle talking to people who weren't there when I opened my eyes although I had really caned it that night.
3)MDMA has never given me real visuals and has only felt as powerful as the MDA a couple of times but never lasted more than 5 hours. It does however change your perception of the people around you. The same beerheads who looked like total tossers the week before when I was straight suddenly had 'friendly faces' (and believe me , around here that IS a hallucination) and looked like they could be my best mates if I went over and talked to them.
So, as Jase correctly says MDMA does have hallucinogenic (perception altering) qualities for me but not in the classic way expected by those who only think of hallucinogens in terms of the effects of acid, 2C-B, mushrooms and the like.
My work here is done, be good......

I check up on all of my pills either on here, pillreports.com, dancesafe.org or ecstacy.org and I've come to the conclusion that it is always some kind of an additive. Maybe MDE, or MDA, but something else other than MDMA produces those visuals. I've had pure MDMA before, and it's always limited to a good body roll. Each time I've had visuals, reports have shown the pills to contain something else.
As far as the earlier post stating that you don't generally see imaginary textures on things, I'll have to disagree. At Fable, I had some orange tulips and a white buddah, and everyone I saw had a short thin coat of fur covering their entire body, clothing and all. I also began to see minerature leeches moving around on peoples faces, as well ass walking around be able to see people's blue veins through their skin.
All shit is going to break loose tommorrow for us Houston kids, Channel 2 is reporting an espose on Houston Raves. They're gonna talk about everything, pacifiers, X, Tweak, Vicks, masks, and everything else.