• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

OK to take EZ-Test on International Flights?

ful_sik_trippa

Bluelighter
Hey all,
Me and a few mates are travelling overseas next year to europe, and want to play it safe and test anything we eat. Being a corrosive chemical, and also acting as a "flashlight" for authorities that drugs are to be consumed - what are the implications of travelling with an EZ-tester?
Is it legal or a bad idea? Can they be bought over in london or the amsterdam in shops (not by mail as we'll be travelling around).
Thanks.
.mj

I think because it's a corrosive substance you might have some fun getting it through customs, legal or not. If you do find that it's perfectly legal to travel with, it might pay to bring along a photocopy of the relevant law that says so, just so you can show the customs guy and hopefully not spend countless hours being delayed just because of 5mls of sulphuric acid.

Do NOT take the tester on board with you. It is one of the many many things which you are allowed to have in baggage, but not cabin luggage. <-- this if for domestic travel, but I am fairly sure it applies to international travel.
I would suggest contacting customs to find out if corrosive liquid is allowable on international departures.
Customs Information Line
Call: 1300 363 263
(Australia only)
+61 2 6275 6666
(Outside Australia)
Fax: 02 9213 4043
(Australia only)
+61 2 9213 4043
(Outside Australia)

i dont think you'd have too much problem getting a hold of ez-testers in europe/UK - it might be a lot better than trying to carry a corrosive liquid with you thru the joys of international travel.
maybe ask on the european forums where would be the easiest places to pick one up?
:)

I travelled from Nashville to Chicago and had a checked bag with a bottle of organic fertilizer I bought while on vacation and also an EZ Test that a friend didnt want. They came to the gate and took my id and took the above items because both items are prohibited on all flights. Mail it ...much safer. I said it was a PH test kit but I am sure they know what it is. Corrosive chems are not allowed. Check the TSA web site.

I would take it. The worst they could do is take it off you before you board the flight. Its a little bit like travelling with a spray shaving cream or deodorant, technically your not meant to take it on the plane for safety reasons but lots of people do. Just pack it and forget about it.

Best just to buy a test kit over there:

Buying a Test Kit
E Testing Kits Remain Legal in UK

Home testing kits are currently available from The Green Party Drugs Group in the UK, from Spank Products in Holland, and from Dancesafe in the US.

The Green Party kits will test between 100 and 150 pills.

The Basic Kit consists of the Marquis Reagent testing solution, a scalpel (for scraping) and information on drug issues and campaigning organisations.

The Advanced Kit also contains a micrometer. This allows the pill to be accurately measured, so that it can be compared with pills already tested on this site. There is less chance of a pill being a lookalike if the precise dimensions match.

To buy a kit, send £15* (includes postage and packing) for the Basic kit or £34* for the Advanced kit with cheque or PO made out to:

Green Party Drugs Group
1a Waterlow Road
London N19 5NJ

Tel: +44 (0) 181 678 9420

*UK only

The Green Party will accept international orders, but need payment in British pounds. The postage and packing for the USA is 3 pounds. Please ring the Green Party for more details.
All profits from the sale of Green Party kits goes towards campaigning/raising awareness of drugs related issues.

Amsterdam-based Spank Products produce a kit called the E-Z Test. They do a small and a large version. The E-Z Test Large consists of a small re-sealable (glass) bottle with E-Z Test reagent. It holds enough liquid to test 60 to 90 samples (depending on how much liquid you use each time). The large kit costs 20 dollars. They also do worldwide mail order sales and wholesale. More details are available on their website at www.ez-test.com.

Thanks bikkiechic. Yes much better to purchase your kits at your destination. Remember that the contents of the kits are dangerous goods; i.e. some contain highly corrosive acids, and chemicals considered to be quite to very toxic.

If I were a customs official and seized these reagents from a passenger, at the very least I'd be seeing that the warning was sufficiently scary to deter any future ideas of travelling with such dangerous cargo.

Anyway, while travelling, it's best to give the impression you have nothing to do with drugs. For most of us that may mean a whole new wardrobe and bags, having your head shaven, and using extra-strong mouthwash ;)

Of course, the next generation or 2 of fingerprint scanning equipment will also scan for chemical residues (including drugs no doubt). This means some travelling to the US will be labeled drug users before any direct associations with drugs are observed.

Your past may definitely come back to haunt you then 8(

I'd avise against it, You don't want customs to think you are a druggie, u may get taken to a special and hear the dreaded snap of a rubber glove

Don't take it.

I have had a test kit leak in a bag before and I assure you that the chemical inside them is very fucking nasty, if it spills you'll have to throw whatever it gets on. I had to throw out a t-shirt, two pipes and an $80 ISI bulberator because they got testing kit shit in them.

The tops of those little bottles aren't as secure as they seem. The bag with kit I'm talking about in it hadn't even been on a flight or anything, just put in the boot of a car and then carried around a little, and the top was secured fine.