⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

kevanleary said:
I am just trying to get some information about demerol.
Most of the time you'll find all the info you could ever want about demerol in BDD or OD. Given your subsequent post in TDS I got to tell you BL is dedicated to harm reduction and doesn't help people calculate a fatal dose for themselves. TDS folks will help u find resources to get past any painful present moments if you are interested, though.

where can I browse about coricidin addiction
As a member you can browse all of public Bluelight & post if you choose to. If you want to find coricidin threads you will want to use search from the BL taskbar. You will type in coricidin once you have accessed search. If the results are unsatisfactory you will want to use advanced search. I recommend you read A Guide to Searching Bluelight for specific advice about searching. An alternative is to use google and put site:bluelight.ru before your search terms.

Last edited:
my account is not activated apparently and I try to have it resent but its just not happening will someone help me out so I can use this wonderful sight Ive been dealing with this issue forever and its obnoxious

Make sure you have the correct email address listed and that it isnt going into your SPAM folder

As of right now, chunk911's account is looking perfectly fine and they've made 3 posts in other forums since they made that one. However, I sympathize with them, in that it appears they registered in AUG of last year and this was their first post - I wonder why they didn't come to us sooner? Anywho, all sorted now, it appears.

Why cant i post?

This is kind of annoying as i love this board and have so much to contribute,Thanks:)

So, what brought you to this thread? Was it that big pink banner for people who's accounts are awaiting email confirmation? Because your account is awaiting email confirmation (I assume you reset your password or something?). I have resent activation to your email acct for you to click the link therein and validate your account. Ball is in your court.

For others with similar problems, please have patience as I cattle prod the SUPPORT mods to rewrite the first post in this thread to better cover the probably causes and solutions. Or, they might work it into their SUPPORT FAQ.

Mods, if you want it, this is the fugly pink notice people have when they are awaiting confirmation. We ought to spell out how to resend it to yourselves as well, and I'm sure that's covered in this thread....somewhere.

Attachments

• Not activated.jpg
    Not activated.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 156
Problem:
User1 said:
when i sign in it says "thanks for logging in" but then it goes to a page as if i was not logged in! The problem continues to happen- i re-registered under a different email address and it does the same thing! Could this be a software problem.

Answer:
Sounds like you have no cookies and/or you didn't check the 'Remember Me' box next to the login at the top right of the screen.

Problem:
here's the message i get:

imseven, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
3. There is also a chance that you were looking at the list of forums, where it shows the most recently replied to thread within each forum, and you clicked to look at that most recently replied to thread. IF that thread is a 'mod thread' (a hidden thread used by staff to discuss forum operations), you will be denied the ability to access it. This is a quirk of the system, that a 'hidden' thread can show up as in the forum listing as the most recently replied to thread :\ Hopefully this won't happen to often, but you should be warned that the mods tend to choose interesting thread titles just to mess with you guys ;)

Answer:
Are you checking the box at the top right that says "Remember Me"? If not, the site thinks you've logged out everytime you click to a different thread or forum.

Problem:
I would like to make insightfull posts on topics I know alot about....every time I go to hit post reply it say that my acount hasnt be activated or something along those lines. Whats the deal?

Answer:
Your account is awaiting email verification. When you registered, the site sent an email to the addy you provided. You are required to click the link in the email to verify that you are in-fact you, then you can post to your hearts content. You ought to check your trash and SPAM filters, as lots of people blow right by the email without noticing it. IF you can't find the email, just click on the password reset function and it'll send a new email verification to you.

Problem:
At least it lets me post here...

I'm a bit stuck, it's not letting me reply or post in the forum.

The little box in the bottom left says:

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

But I can't find out why.

Answer:
It is because your account is still awaiting email confirmation (probably you reset your password). Check your email for the it (may have been diverted to your trash folder or SPAM filters) and open it up, then click the link therein. You account should return to normal operation at that point.

Problem:
I still haven't gotten my activation email so I can't post in certain sections. Can someone help me out? A mod or something? Thanks.
....a little while later:
Lol. Wow im an idiot, it was in my spam box the whole time :\ well thanks anyways.
Moral of the story: do what has been repeated here over and over and over and check your spam folder!

Problem:
Anyways, I tried to post something in Second Opinion and it wouldn't accept it. It just kept going to "this page can't be displayed" whenever I hit submit. Eventually I was able to submit a sentence then edit and add in sentences but I couldn't add in more than a sentence at a time. That worked for about 5 or so sentences and now I can't add anything to the post nor can I post anything new. Each time I hit submit, this is what comes up:

The website is unable to display the webpage
HTTP 501/HTTP 505
What you can try:
Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

Answer:
Here is microsoft's thumbnail on that issue:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/fbbb222b-5397-44a0-81a9-8384130cba9c1033.mspx
microsoft said:
These errors might occur if you have HTTP 1.1 enabled. To disable HTTP 1.1, click the Tools button, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab. Under Settings, scroll down to the HTTP 1.1 settings section, and then clear the check boxes for Use HTTP 1.1. These errors might also occur if a third-party product is interfering with Internet Explorer. Try closing all programs and then attempt to access the webpage again.

Problem:
I can post here. But nowhere else. Why is this?

Answer:
User7, The most likely reason is that you have not responded to the activation email that was sent when you registered. If you haven't see the activation email it might have gotten sent to a bulk or spam email folder.
If you still can not find it you can do a password reset to get another activation email http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/login.php?do=lostpw

Question:
well why cant u type the second u get on thats kinda retarded

Answers:
Helps to fight against spammers and spambots. Besides, is it really that hard to just go and click a link? :p

Consider it a sobriety test ;)

Additional things to know: members cannot reply to closed ("locked") threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried to register and haven't received an email yet to get started?? i used to be on this forum for a while a few years back before my puter bit the dust and now i have a new puter and new email addy too and found this site while googling up 'do blind people see colors while tripping ' and this this forum came up and reminded me i used to post here and i'd like to rejoin ......
please send me an email at [email removed] ........thus far i haven't received one after trying to register but i can post here and it welcomes me here.......if i try to set up my profile it don't let me if try to go on forums it says i not registered??? i used to be a bluelighter here years ago on another computer and don't remember what my sn was to see if i could get back on and i know my email addy is not the same as it was years ago either so ......please let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
As stated several times in the post right above yours, with links and instructions on how to do it, you can have the email resent yourself.

I've removed your email address from the post because its not really a good idea to have it in public view.

I registered yesterday and I have not received the email to activate my account. I have checked my spam and clicked on all the links in this thread and still nothing. My email account is correct and I've tried requesting a new password several times. So I'm kinda lost. Thanks.

1. Your account is fine (72 posts already :) ).
2. You can reply in OD (as seen by some of your posting history).
3. We know OD is allowing new posts from other members.....

.....are you sure you aren't in the OD Archive when trying to post a new thread? The point being, the ARCHIVE is locked from creating new threads because, well...it's an archive. Is this the problem? Other than that, you should be able to use the 'Post New Thread' button near the top of the list of threads, to the left when viewing the OD forum.

What error message are you getting?

when i sign into my account via mobile phone there's a pink rectangular box at the top of forum pages reading, "Your Account May not be Activated." now it's gone. i'm not making this up...it lasted like 2 hours and now is gone...

i couldn't post for those two hours and it was HELL!!!

seriously tho, what's goin on?

Possibly a glitch (possibly an april fools prank) or... did you change your pw or listed email address?

That particular pink-link-thingy is NOT a joke, it is specifically showing up for people who still need to activate their account via the email link our server sends to them upon registration or when they change a password or email addy in their profile. So, the second half of fizz's question stands.

no i didn't. and it's not doing it any more either. i thinks it might be time to change my password. ok did that now (i think that constitutes time-traveling)...

idk tho. like i said it was only on my mobile and stopped happening after i signed in (once) with my PC.