• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Official FIFA World Cup 2006 IS HERE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

villz

Bluelighter
Official FIFA World Cup 2006 has finished!!!!!!

34 days.

I'm excited.

Last edited:
Totally rad.

I predict myself in many smoky bars drinking pints and cheering like lunatic.

I have been looking forward to this badly since the last one ended.

the thing is... ur lucky snuoz... you get it at a half decent hour on a monday night, i get it at like 2am. it sucks

i have some inside information bout someone making the aussie side... i cant wait for the side to be annoucned!

Should be awesome. A few of my mates are going over to Germany. The bastards got tickets to all the Socceroos games, and other tickets in later rounds. I also have been looking forward to this for a very long time, and I've been looking forward to Australia playing in the world cup my whole life.

Brazil will win, they are superb! It's a shame about Rooney. I thought England had an outside chance of winning the tournament if they all stayed healthy. They don't have a chnace without him.

I was going to start one of these threads just the other day.

BRING IT MOTHER FUCKING ON!

I got tickets to all of the Aussie Group stage games. Fucking so happy! I'm going to be decked in green and gold for my entire holiday, with G&G scarfs, G&G hats and no less than 8 G&G shirts, plus a blow up kangaroo and a mini didgeridoo that can fit in the travel bag. After being there for the last three ‘life or death’ World Cup Qualifiers and to be there after 32 years of nothing is memory I'll never forget.

Australia will need to beat Japan in their opening game to really have any chance of progressing. Japan is a streaky, quick side that can easily grab a goal on the break. So thank goodness Craig Moore is not only fit, but in great form for his club side. He could have easily had his club career ruined after being screwed over by Glasgow Rangers and his subsequent fall out with Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Really the key for Australia is that there can't be any injuries to our top 13-14 players. Australia really tends to struggle if it has to go deep into it's bench. Skoko, Thompson, Popovic, Chipperfield, Vidmar etc are not the sort of players we should be relying on heavily for our starting 11 in any match.

Tactics wise, I hope Viduka will be used as our primary set piece taker in front of goal. I want Emerton to be used as a right-back and not as some goal hungry midfielder who'll blast from 30 yards into row Z. Plus I want Bresciano to work on his corner kicks, no disrespect to the big man he was quite wasteful in Sydney. Tim Cahilll seems to play quite well in a five man midfield, which is not to bad for Australia because Viduka is an awesome target man and loves to assist the midfielders coming forward. With that in mid, I am also hoping that Kewell gets a free role in a couple of games.

So yeah, BRING IT MOTHER FUCKING ON!

thank you for you input Guus, we will all take that on board

fuck, i honestly dont think anyone has analyzed it that much...

i do believe there is a slight chance that there will be a few young a-league players named in the side... some of the kids who recently played in the under 23 comp in Tokyo or some shit ;)

Games will be on between midnight and 7am I think for most of the games because of time difference, AEDT is +8 hours from the time in Germany.

Looking forward to this =D

I'm loving all the soccer-related documentaries they're showing on SBS at the moment.

I'll be going for the Socceroos of course, but I do have a soft spot for Italy as we have family over there (if they don't play the crappy defensive style they usually do) and I'll be watching the Netherlands eagerly. Like 2002, I will be sucked in completely and probably won't move from the couch for two weeks!

i was sure to enter the crown competition to win tix to the finals as many times as i could...of course i didnt win...wasnt too happy with the bf who said he would just sell them if he won:X ...spoze i can always go down to crown and watch it on the big screens:\

I think you should find a new boyfriend by the sounds of it lily... ;)

villz said:
I think you should find a new boyfriend by the sounds of it lily... ;)
lol yeh i dont know how i can be with someone who dont appriciate world cup soccer... guess ill be watching the games alone this year :(
haha

chant

leader... "SOCCAAAH"
group.... "rooooooos"
leader... "SOCCAAAH"
group.... "rooooooooos"
leader... "AUSSIESOCCEROOS"
group.... "roo, roo, roos"

Raving Loony said:
I was going to start one of these threads just the other day.

BRING IT MOTHER FUCKING ON!

I got tickets to all of the Aussie Group stage games. Fucking so happy! I'm going to be decked in green and gold for my entire holiday, with G&G scarfs, G&G hats and no less than 8 G&G shirts, plus a blow up kangaroo and a mini didgeridoo that can fit in the travel bag. After being there for the last three ‘life or death’ World Cup Qualifiers and to be there after 32 years of nothing is memory I'll never forget.

Australia will need to beat Japan in their opening game to really have any chance of progressing. Japan is a streaky, quick side that can easily grab a goal on the break. So thank goodness Craig Moore is not only fit, but in great form for his club side. He could have easily had his club career ruined after being screwed over by Glasgow Rangers and his subsequent fall out with Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Really the key for Australia is that there can't be any injuries to our top 13-14 players. Australia really tends to struggle if it has to go deep into it's bench. Skoko, Thompson, Popovic, Chipperfield, Vidmar etc are not the sort of players we should be relying on heavily for our starting 11 in any match.

Tactics wise, I hope Viduka will be used as our primary set piece taker in front of goal. I want Emerton to be used as a right-back and not as some goal hungry midfielder who'll blast from 30 yards into row Z. Plus I want Bresciano to work on his corner kicks, no disrespect to the big man he was quite wasteful in Sydney. Tim Cahilll seems to play quite well in a five man midfield, which is not to bad for Australia because Viduka is an awesome target man and loves to assist the midfielders coming forward. With that in mid, I am also hoping that Kewell gets a free role in a couple of games.

So yeah, BRING IT MOTHER FUCKING ON!
Awesome dude! Stoked for ya! =D

My money is on Argentina. They strolled through the qualifiers and have a good mix of talented rookies and hard old heads. Brazil has been a little sketchy at times, but with classy players like Ronaldinhio they won't be far behind.

Germany haven't set the world on fire of late but can anyone remember them last having a poor World cup? And their suppoters can't get deported!

England won't do shit. As usual the pressure from home will result in some sort of sex scandal or something. In most Latin countries Sex can never be a scandal.... it is as important as stretching before the game ;)

I never back a team that wears that much orange and says "Man" alot.

I've had some money on the Aussies to win the whole thing. IF they do, I'll pocket 800 bucks. If they don't ..... well, nobody's going to be surprised are they?

MoeBro said:
No opinion on the Netherlands?

I used to back the Netherlans every world cup because we weren't there. My opinion changed once 'Horse-Head' Van Nisterooy started played for the scum. I loved the Dutch team of '98, just oozed class on every part of the pitch. This may be Edgar Davids last tournament and he has been such an important person to the Dutch over the last decade. There is barely a player out there who has the same drive and determination as him, let alone in the Netherlands.

I am expecting them to be there in the last eight and thats all, they are far weaker than eight years ago. Unless Rafaal Van der Vaart is picked and has an absolute blinder, that guy is freaky when he is on song!

And yes, 0ff1cer_ch0ps I am a soccer nerd. Everyone is allowed to be geek in one area and soccer is my passion. I'll sleep in front of the telly just so I can catch a 3am game. I've even told the girlfriends I'm sleeping on the couch tonight to watch the game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.