• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

I've only seen this show when I was very high on either vicodin or weed or both. I never noticed it being fake, but I always loved to watch it high.

His name is DR. DOOM and he has stated that the intervention crew gave him money to do drugs and that he wasnt addicted to anything during that show... just tripped and rolled a couple times while they filmed it. He said they encouraged him to use drugs. He said he was drinking alot and would get a temper but thats all. he is actually a very talented dnb artist who now has a record deal... He has also said that they tricked him into doing the show by saying it was a doctumentary about his music. So my opinion on intervention is that it is definately dramatized to some degree but not completely fictional. You couldnt make half that shit up. haha

That's funny, when the crew did my episode they wouldn't
give me a cent (except for bus fare during one filming on a
bus) but they did give me a lot of cigarettes. I remember
them being health nuts and having all this soy based
and wheat bars and shit like that. they definitely were
from California.

^ haha thats funny

I always felt like it was a set up..well i guess you can say extremely guided. like they piss people off to make a 30 min segment

I just don't get how anyone wouldn't know that they were being set up for an intervention. i mean doesn't everyone know about that show by now? If anyone ever asked me to be in a documentary about addiction i would take off running immediately. Who knows...

I just don't get how anyone wouldn't know that they were being set up for an intervention. i mean doesn't everyone know about that show by now? If anyone ever asked me to be in a documentary about addiction i would take off running immediately. Who knows...

i always think the same thing. i mean when the show first came out, that seemed more legit. but its been on for a while and what drug user isnt going to tune in to see other users and stuff? unless you live in a cave, how could you not know what was going on? i do get bitter because these guys get a free ride to quality treatment that a lot of us need (for many different reasons) and cant get because you have to be independantly wealthy to get quality drug/alcohol/other problems. last year i came to a pinnacle point where i was ready for treatment for addiction and other disorders. since im broke, the only choice was to put me in a ghetto-super hell nursing home with crazy, sketchy, drug addicts and mentally ill people who are dirt poor. its a degrading, isolating and frustrating experience. they offer very little options to actually help you get better and the little bit they offer is aimed at people who are really slow and clueless. most of the people are content with chain smoking and drinking instant coffee all day and begging for everything from sips of soda, food and money- even the smallest bit of change. so, i guess im saying that i hope the people know how lucky they are if they are ready to commit to treatment. end rant.

Like numerous others have mentioned, the Cristy episode was probably the craziest. She's the only one I can recall that walked into the intervention and just laughed at everyone when they started reading their speeches.

thats has to be my favorite episode
it was pretty crazy

edit: ohh along with the homeless mexican fella who in the end reunited with his family. That one was so heartwarming.

Last edited:
thats has to be my favorite episode
it was pretty crazy

edit: ohh along with the homeless mexican fella who in the end reunited with his family. That one was so heartwarming.

Yeah if I recall correctly in the Christy one, I think she said something like "This is SO BORING!" during the Intervention. Cracked me up.

heh, if you didn't know I meant the show ... I don't know, you're a little asshole?

I don't get what was so surprising that someone from BL was on intervention, which is why I commented.

I haven't seen any of the new episodes, any of them any good?

This thread made me watch a few episodes of Intervention about 6 months back while at work (such a good employee ;) ) I watched the one about the duster chick, the part where she is singing and goes "Im walkin on SUNSHINE! WOAH! Im walking on Sunshine! Woah!" made me run off to the office supply cabinet to give it a go :/ LMAO what a shitty high... duster sucks and hurts your head and lungs, there was no sunshine for me :(.

Lesson learned. <3

^
I watched the duster one at work too!

It was weird how she had a lot of similarities to other people, but was using duster.

i don't think it's fake. i'm sure they probably edit it to look more interesting like every other tv show. but you can tell most of those people have a really bad problem. even how they look sooo haggard, then they show them after rehab and they look like a completely different person.

and i had no idea people actually drank mouth wash to get drunk. i saw that one alcoholic lady drinking a walmart brand mouth wash, chugging the shit like it was gold. ewwww.

^ so you're Ben eh'?

tell us some goodies from intervention!!!!
also...pics to make sure?

I've posted some pics, and linked to my blog and myspacefacebook. trying to get a friend
to adapt her camera so I can put new pics online

I love that intervention show in fact i love any show with the topic of drugs, i dont think its fake but it may be over hyped sometimes i feel. Hope they keep making new episodes, which im sure they will for a good while to come.