• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

Naptown Wicked said:
OMG! I just saw the Cristy episode for the first time.... That fucking "song" that her dad wrote.... I'd turn to drugs if my dad was that lame...

"My Cristy
She's so witty
and pretty
sometimes misty...."

are you kidding me??!! LMAO!!!! What a tool....

hahaha yeah what a dick, he loves his daughter.

Does anyone else lament the fact that they play the episode of the anorexic girl too often?

I don't think it's fake. When they show these people having returned from rehab, they are completely different people. Most have gained weight and look healthy. I also don't think anyone but a true drug user wouldn't mind having a false portrayal of themselves on a drug show. Some people on this site don't want their pictures up on a drug forum. Now can you imagine an "actor" wanting everyone believing they smoke meth?!? NO WAY! They would never get a job, even if they tried to explain it was fake.

anyone else see the one with the guy who was addicted to mushrooms, alcohol and e? he used to be a meth addict but got off of that and now he's this delusional drunk guy tripping on shrooms all the time - he also thinks he's an amazing underground dj but no-one will book him cuz he gets crazy and violent. . . it was a pretty bizarre episode. . .

The lady who taught my group at rehab is on intervention. And this other lady who was a interventionist had been on intervention.

lacey k said:
Yea, thats whats so funny about it. druggies got a fucked up sense of humor. i was addicted to oxys for a while and loved watchin pill head episodes . not cuz ha ha, youre there and i aint. more like ha ha, Im just as bad as you. but at least i aint about to get intervented on. but then i stopped watchin tv once i became a dope feen

Thats fucking funny lacey K. I used to do the SAME SHIT. I would watch some 22 white kid addicted to oxys and say to myself, man I'm bangin a gram of OC a day, but at least I ain't getting intervened on. At least I am not in screaming matches with my parents. In reality, I should have quit a lot ealier. What a sick thrill.

What I can't understand is how any family would put their family problems on national TV. That is the fucked up part.

Real or not I wouldn't allow someone to broadcast my problems around the globe.

I hate watching some too like when you're feeling a bit sick and they show someone banging a bag or 2. Just wonderful.8)

Pillthrill said:
But the one after that on Tom the heroin addict, that was pretty sad really. Hard to see what those poor kids, all they really wanted was a dad.

Was he the one in Boston that had been in the mafia? His son seemed pretty disconnected from him. That was kind of BA that he had been in the mob though.

Like numerous others have mentioned, the Cristy episode was probably the craziest. She's the only one I can recall that walked into the intervention and just laughed at everyone when they started reading their speeches.

Yeah I really wanted just to punch her in the mouth. Hmm maybe thats what they should have done, knock her out, say fuck rehab and let her do it the hard way on a 51-50. She was crazy as fuck, they would have kept her. I remember all the vodka bottles in the shower and SKANK...just general comment there.

Anyone see the one last night with the alcoholic singer guy? He looked a lot different sober than he did when he had been drinking, looked a lot younger and everything.

Yeah, he did look different. His family is pretty musically talented. I'm glad it worked out. Not only for his sake but his daughter's as well.

Carl Landrover said:
Anyone see the one last night with the alcoholic singer guy? He looked a lot different sober than he did when he had been drinking, looked a lot younger and everything.

I think it's pretty dramatic how much better ALL the addicts look and behave after being sober for a little while. It should make any responsible drug user really stop and think about how difficult it is to be objective about your own usage. If people are telling you that you've got a problem but you think they're full of shit, you might want to identify a little more with what you might have in common with some of these people.

I don't know if this one has been mentioned already, but did anybody see the one featuring the girl (pre-med, I think) who was huffing computer 'duster'?

During the opening bit, I couldn't help laughing at the slurred, bleary eyed "I'm walkin' on sushine..." line, but by the end, I really felt sorry for her.

At the very least, she could have got her hands on some real drugs worth taking, and left that aerosol shit alone... Damn, what some people won't do for a cheap buzz amazes me.

clovurr said:
anyone else see the one with the guy who was addicted to mushrooms, alcohol and e? he used to be a meth addict but got off of that and now he's this delusional drunk guy tripping on shrooms all the time - he also thinks he's an amazing underground dj but no-one will book him cuz he gets crazy and violent. . . it was a pretty bizarre episode. . .

His name is DR. DOOM and he has stated that the intervention crew gave him money to do drugs and that he wasnt addicted to anything during that show... just tripped and rolled a couple times while they filmed it. He said they encouraged him to use drugs. He said he was drinking alot and would get a temper but thats all. he is actually a very talented dnb artist who now has a record deal... He has also said that they tricked him into doing the show by saying it was a doctumentary about his music. So my opinion on intervention is that it is definately dramatized to some degree but not completely fictional. You couldnt make half that shit up. haha

StayinAwake said:
I have seen a few of them and the only one that seemed real was the one where he was shooting up oxycontins. I don't remember his name. It just seemed real because they were showing photos of him when he was younger and he looked "healthy" if you could call it that. Then in time, he really started to look bad because he was shooting it 24-7.

The others all seemed staged. They may have addiction problems, but they still seem as if the show has staged them to their advantage. It is actually sickening to me that they would not take drug addiction seriously.

yeah, i saw that one. that was Ryan. he was definitely not faking that whatsoever! did you see the big red bags under his eyes, or how he was like completely apathetic...um...or wait...when he was shooting the oxy?

the one with Christie, who was hooked on meth for 10 years and was like running around naked trying to write math equations and throwing food around her room and running naked in the street?

sometimes you do definitely wonder about that show tho.

I always wondered if the show paid you... you know. For your "time" while they filmed you. Could be a decent scam, you know? Get some free cable televsion moneyto go on a binge and free rehab. All that is needed is to embarass yourself and humiliate your family by dragging your their dirty laundry all over for the world to see and laugh about on internet web forums.

In all seriousness, my exgirlfriend and current (at the time) actually looked into doing this for me, when I found out they were plannign it I really lost it. This sort of thing is so humiliating, a last resort for families without the money to pay for decent rehab care or someone with an ego problem, you know who would stay clean just to save face for their "fans" or viewers or what-have-you.

The show is pretty entertaining though. I'm embarassed to say it's entertainment, but... it is. I always find it supremely interesting to learn about the differences of other people's drug use/scene/habits from different partsofthe country. Terminology, ritual, whatever. I don't know what I like better; people who use the same drugsas myself or learning about meth users.