• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

burn out

Bluelighter
I've watched the show for a while and while at first i never doubted it was real, about a year ago a fellow bluelighter swore to me it was fake because we both watched the same episode only i watched on tv and he downloaded it and swore it had a different ending. when i didn't believe him, he screen capped it and sent it to me. i still didn't consider this enough evidence to totally dismiss it as fake but since then, i have always had my doubts about it. then i read this column about the crackhead who "didn't know how to smoke crack":

http://crackhounddaily.blogspot.com/2008/06/chad-on-intervention-blowing-smoke.html

i don't have much experience in the field of smoking crack, in fact i have never smoked it, but even with my small amount of knowledge on the subject, the episode didn't seem quite right to me. for example, like the article says, he seemed to be wasting an awful lot of crack smoke (i know from being a heavy weed smoker, how precious each wisp of smoke can be) and he also didn't seem to display the typical behaviors/signs or symptoms of someone who was high on crack (i've seen a lot of people high on cocaine before and they generally have this sort of subtle rigidity to their bodies).

but again, i am by no means an expert on the use of cocaine, let alone crack, so i am wondering if anyone here who is experienced in the "art" of smoking crack and saw the episode can comment on this.

you can also use this thread to talk about any other aspects of the show that point to it possibly being staged. do you guys think it's real?

I edited this thread to include all discussion on the TV series Intervention -Tommyboy

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched "Chad" and I don't know what their filming process is like but it definately doesn't seem candid. Maybe it's just my impression but they seem to know too well what to say and how to say it, if that makes sense. I could see being wrong about that though. They may have counselled their brains out and interviewed them over and over to get it how they wanted to see it. Like all this other reality manipulation crap that reality tv has become. Documentation turns into a documentary of what the filmmakers coached them towards.

I swear honest "reality" tv always feels like watching cops to me. The people aren't always so direct and easy to understand. This show feels like something else... like something between real world and the hills. Fucking A tv has warped my mind. Like I said maybe its just my impression. Maybe they are genuine but hmmm.... i dunno either

I remember thinking the same thing when watching Chad. He wasted SOO much smoke. Having smoked the crack, I know you do not let that much smoke not go in your lungs! The way he was smoking will get you a huge blast, but it wastes A LOT. If you have enough crack/cash to smoke that way then it's worth it I guess, but he was supposedly homeless.... That episode did seem off to me

I highly doubt its real. To tell you the truth, I haven't seen that many episodes, but the ones I have seen seem staged/scripted. The "addicts" don't quite act the way I would expect them to... its a little fishy which leads me to believe its not entirely real. Plus whenever they show drug use something looks a little off/fake about it... esp. when they show people shooting up.

the only one i thought seemed fake was the one where the guy figured out that he was on intervention and not some other documentary, and they had to hurry and intervene asap...

I have seen a few of them and the only one that seemed real was the one where he was shooting up oxycontins. I don't remember his name. It just seemed real because they were showing photos of him when he was younger and he looked "healthy" if you could call it that. Then in time, he really started to look bad because he was shooting it 24-7.

The others all seemed staged. They may have addiction problems, but they still seem as if the show has staged them to their advantage. It is actually sickening to me that they would not take drug addiction seriously.

^ yeah but the way that kid talked made me wanna smack him across his face

No it isn't fake. My friend and his sister were the subject for one ;). Look for the Jason and Joy one.

So anybody care to explain what this show is like and what makes it different from other documentaries? They put them in rehab? I'm in europe so please enlighten me

i just wanna know, how after so many years all these addicts dont realize it is the show intervention. like at the beginning they always make them spell their name, come on now. how could you not figure it out.

Basically Intervention is a show that tells an addict they are going to be on a documentary about drugs and they follow them around to show you their lives of being a drug addict. Then after a bit they lore them to a place where a bunch of their family members are waiting to tell them how upset they are about their drug use and that they want the person to get help. The person either accepts going to rehab or if they decide not to, usually they face some kind of problem with the cops or being kicked out of their house etc...

I think the show seems real for the most part, although there have been times where I doubted it. If you put it in your head that it's fake, you're going to point out everything that doesn't relate to you, for example Chad's way of smoking crack. Maybe he just wanted those big hits and doesn't have tough enough lungs to hold it in long. I'm sure with smoking crack for awhile your lungs are feeling pretty beaten up.

Anyone from 'Intervention' ever posted here?

Just like the title says "Has anyone from the TV show Intervention ever posted on this forum? The reason i ask is last night i was watching the new episode (the most borrng episode I've ever seen) and i thought about how once someone on another forum said that one of the addicts shown on Intervention posted here on BL few times, is this true? If so, which addict was it? From which episode?

Last nights ep, that kid... all that crying he did got on my nerves. I'm not trying to be mean, obviously he is hurting but He sure cried a lot. Poor kid.

RPG

I don't know, but that show pisses me off.

"OH HAY GAIS LET'S GO EXPLOIT THE SUFFERING AND SHORTCOMINGS OF PEOPLE WITH DRUG PROBLEMS FOR THE WHOLE NATION TO SEE"

God I hate TV.

I don't think it's 100% fake but there have been a few times something seemed off. As with all reality TV, the producers show us WHAT THEY WANT US TO SEE and not always what really happens. They will tweek/edit episodes to make them look the way they want. We don't always see what is really going on. It's sad but true.

RPG

ladyinthesky said:
i just wanna know, how after so many years all these addicts dont realize it is the show intervention. like at the beginning they always make them spell their name, come on now. how could you not figure it out.

yeah, you'd think that would tip them off.

limestoneman said:
I don't know, but that show pisses me off.

"OH HAY GAIS LET'S GO EXPLOIT THE SUFFERING AND SHORTCOMINGS OF PEOPLE WITH DRUG PROBLEMS FOR THE WHOLE NATION TO SEE"

God I hate TV.

i'm assuming the revenue generated by the show is what's paying for them to go to rehab, plus they are agreeing to be a documentary anyway. i don't see how it's a bad thing to be giving people a free ride to rehab which probably costs thousands of dollars and giving them a chance to get off drugs. plus these people want to be on tv, or they wouldn't agree to be in it. so i don't think it's exploitation, i'm just questioning whether or not it's real.

This is the only show i actually watch on a weekly basis. I was excited for last nights episode just to see what pills she was stuck on, which to no surprise were opiates, trazadone, and for some reason, seroquel, but the episode ended up sucking, her kids were really annoying. It was just epic seeing a 40 year old mother catching a mad nod. :)

I can't believe its fake, bt you nevr know!
These producers for television.........you can't really trust em