• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

i thought anthony was a total genuine fucking drunk fuck..if not he deserves an oscar..i know that on some level the people might change their behavior because of the cameras but he was convincing..to me anyway..i dont remember arkansas drunk.

I think that the show makes it seem like these people are getting that fucked up daily. Now I am not questioning that these people may need some help, especially if they have not discovered bluelight :D but they are definitely not going that hard/balls to the wall, on a daily basis. Everybody has their days when they merely maintain, or in the case of people that are physically dependent, they just take enough to not be sick. Now this of course is not a fun way to live, and people should get help if they are like this.

The problem I see with interventions is that when people relapse, they feel so guilty that they return to their old ways. That is part of my problem with the 12 step and recovery model. People can learn on their own to have some sort of balance in their lives, and as things get better, drug use may get less. Believe it or not, people can grow out of it on their own.

^ i think there are people who are strong enough to access that "balance" on their own, or can grow out of addiction, but i also think there are people who, for whatever reason, lack the ability to access that drive, or simply have been so turned upside down by drugs or alcohol that they need the structure and framework that NA AA provide..12 step programs can be like a religion to some people and if thats what they need to stay clean, its better than the alternative i think.
I also think NA AA are a good resource for people who may not have much of a support system through friends and family...I have been to NA here and there but it just wasnt for me...the 12 step system is def not the only way to approach addiction/recovery but for some people it works

This guy was on another level thoguh im guessing you didnt see the episode? He was def hyping it up for the cameras or hes more looking for attention from his family rather than him really being that fucked up ya know? Just honestly....dude was crying, saying he wanted to die and half unconcious slobeering all over for most of the episoode. Sad sad.

I saw the episode, and it reminded me a lot of myself and a lot of the people I know. It's sad, I know...

EDIT: I mean, he had a real, real serious problem... but the whole apathy, not caring about anything at all... yep, that's our generation right thurr...

Weird hobby of mine, getting high while watching "A&e intervention" episodes.

So my main vice is crystal meth. Idk why, but I like to put on episodes of a&e intervention on youtube and hit the pipe. It all started awhile back when I was hitting a bowl of shards one evening, I glanced up at the tv and an intervention episode came on and it featured a meth addict that snorts speed and cuts down trees or some shit like that for a living. The irony of me gettin high and then a tv show spotlighting drug addicts and their planned interventions comes on just struck me as kinda comical after that. So my odd new hobby when I get tweeked is to watch episode after episode of intervention til I get bored. Brings me to ask if anyone has ever been high while watching this show? Hell, even when sober and its on I will go ahead and watch it..I can relate all too well with some addicts they show.

The first snorting meth addict show you say was the one called cole. And thats a kinda funny habir I just may have to do it sometime....Even though I don't smoke shards or do meth at all.

I watch tons of Intervention while high off my face... Sometimes I wish I had a family that cared enough to send me to rehab or something, because a lot of them look so relieved when they go... But I'd hope they'd have the courtesy not to televise it, haha.

I saw the first few seasons, but it got old after a while. It was basically the same thing over and over. I also found it sad when I'd see too many episodes where people would be looking healthy and doing well and then they'd just throw up some text at the end that said, "Jack hasn't had any contact with his family since XX and is once again homeless" or "Janey has relapsed many times since leaving. She no long has contact with her parents."

The most memorable episodes that I saw were the listerine drinking mom, Christy the meth head/alcoholic who laughed the whole way through her intervention, and the girl who huffed duster

Oh this is something that my friends and I have spoken about more than once, so it doesn't seem to be all that unique a phenomenon. I love watching Intervention and then going out to cop right after. It gets me all pumped up lol

Christy lol I forgot about her. Ok, now i am one meth smokin pipe twirlin tweaker son of a bitch but someone do me a FAVOR and SHOOT ME DEAD! if I ever end up like that crazy bitch. Didnt she put children's stickers on her face as well?? Lmfao

i love watching intervention when i'm high. i hate doing it when i'm sober, makes me crave like crazy.

Dude I do the same thing, often doing the same drugs I see on screen, but they tend to have HORRIBLE injection technique and lack harm reduction knowledge.

It's sometimes too gross to watch someone IM unfiltered, heated, black tar that they mixed with their own dirty fingers and re-use an old needle to boot.

it is PAINFUL to see how many of these dumb addicts are applying heat to their opioids...

Then you got people on intervention that huff duster on a regular basis. Cmon people get real drugs if ur gonna attempt to get a decent buzz. Back in my crack smoking days I was chillin with a guy smokin, and dude whips out a can of duster and takes a deep pull and then started to get violent and shit for about 20 secs. Quite off-putting, I whipped out my switch blade and was like dude u need to chill the fuck out! Told him not to use that shit in front of me again or I was takin my "rock" show elsewhere.

Yes I love it I do the same thing myself I slam Meth and it's kind of strange in
A way because I almost feel bad if I watch it and not do a shot or to
I totally can relate to the comical feel as well the episode you were talking
About was fucking classic the guy was cutting burel trees I mean really it was great
One of my favorites was the Olympic hopeful Theresa who was stealing
Her girlfriends change so she could go slam Meth in her car in front of
her dealers house who the fuck does that there out to be the
Best of intervention episodes out there have you seen the episode featuring
Skylar snorted bath salts looking for the refractions on his mothers
living room wall

It's hard not to say "you're doing it wrong" while watching that show.

It's hard not to say "you're doing it wrong" while watching that show.
LOL yes! I used to prep my shots of H while watching the people do the same thing and finish my shot before they could even find a vein and laugh/nod while they were crying trying to find a vein. Sadly hardly any (maybe none?) of them know of "us" here on BL =( I would gladly show them proper technique for shooting... ON MYSELF WITH THEIR DOPE! Not really... I'm clean now.

llol you're not the only one, OP. I've done most drugs in front of a TV blasting Intervention. I was in rehab with a girl who was on Intervention for heroin out in Austin, believe it or not.. her name's "Dallas" if you've seen the episode. i used to always flirt with her when we were in rehab.. (90 day program) then she got out before me and about a month later we all huddled around the TV to watch her episode premiere. she was sexy, lol. anyway, we got out and I started dating one of her friends.. we all snorted some mephedrone together with her new 30 year old boyfriend. shit was laughs.. my personal favorite episodes are Allison the inhalant addict and Ben the DXM addict, and of course Dallas's episode is a trip.