• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

US Politics Official 2021 President Biden Thread - If there are no drug users there'd be no appetite for drugs

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I don't think he's senile, nor do I even feel like he's incompetent. However, WTF is going on with him and Dr. Fauci saying we "might still need to wear masks in 2022"? The vaccine is currently rolling out, and everyone will soon be vaccinated. So, I am just not getting what the purpose of this would be. Something seriously does not seem right about that.

JessFR

Sr. Moderator: AADD, H&R, TDS
Staff member
REPORT: Democrats Don’t Want Biden To Have Full Control Of Nuclear Weapons

= = = = = = =

The above is linked on a notably right leaning site, and as such is spinning it as Dem leaders don't trust Biden's decision making. The tweet is from elsewhere but presents the same premise.

If you read the actual article, it appears more that people (at least 30 democrat leaders ... and..? How many Reps? How many people in general?) simply don't want the old policy of the President holding the power. Any 'single' President. I don't take this as an indicator of Biden at all, but more of a change with the times. The need for 'the football' and a President's ability to launch nukes at any time is something that was for the cold war era, and is not longer a real threat or need. Implementing this further ensures we won't enter into a nuclear war with anyone, and I'm fine with that.

Seems pretty obvious to me, given that it's democrats behind it, that they're worried about another trump. There were rumors of concerns over this exact thing leading up to trump leaving office so it's not surprising.

I'm...... Ugh.. I'm of two minds here. On the one hand I don't want someone like trump having sole authority to launch a nuclear strike either.

But I don't want to put the country in danger by diminishing the nuclear deterrent for what is arguably an extreme exception.

I don't know, I guess it would depend on what you replace the current system with

JessFR

Staff member
I don't think he's senile, nor do I even feel like he's incompetent. However, WTF is going on with him and Dr. Fauci saying we "might still need to wear masks in 2022"? The vaccine is currently rolling out, and everyone will soon be vaccinated. So, I am just not getting what the purpose of this would be. Something seriously does not seem right about that.

It's simple, everyone will not soon be vaccinated. Even if all Americans were vaccinated, which ain't gonna happen, unless the vaccine is applied everywhere and the world gives up these idiotic nationalistic priorities to their own detriment, the virus will mutate in unvaccinated populations and become a threat to us again.

Vaccines are not gonna be the singular silver bullet that solves everything, and given masks are very effective, they will likely remain involved until the entire pandemic is essentially over. Which will likely be a few more years.

novaveritas

Bluelighter
Seems pretty obvious to me, given that it's democrats behind it, that they're worried about another trump. There were rumors of concerns over this exact thing leading up to trump leaving office so it's not surprising.

I'm...... Ugh.. I'm of two minds here. On the one hand I don't want someone like trump having sole authority to launch a nuclear strike either.

But I don't want to put the country in danger by diminishing the nuclear deterrent for what is arguably an extreme exception.

I don't know, I guess it would depend on what you replace the current system with
Are the dems worried that Biden is in reality a Trump dressed in a senile hair sniffing man suit?

non story, every single trident submarine commander can launch without presidential authority....

JessFR

Staff member
Are the dems worried that Biden is in reality a Trump dressed in a senile hair sniffing man suit?

non story, every single trident submarine commander can launch without presidential authority....

Mmmm yeah probably, but that doesn't mean it's a non story. Just because there is existing room for mistake that this wouldn't solve doesn't justify not reducing the surface area.

Though as I said... I'm not even sure I like this idea. There's always the danger of making it too hard to launch the nukes. That's part of the reason it isn't harder right now. During the cold War the thinking was always more easy not less easy.

And as for your silly comment about a disguised trump, they're currently in power, if they wanna change the system nows the time. With 4 years for the voters to forget about it if they don't like it.

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
Seems pretty obvious to me, given that it's democrats behind it, that they're worried about another trump.

Disagree, if it was about Trump, they'd wait until they were at risk of not being able to pass such legislation (ie, before 2022 or 2024 elections, should they be at risk of losing one or both parts of Congress). They are doing this roughly a month into Biden's presidency. This is about Biden.

JessFR

Staff member
Disagree, if it was about Trump, they'd wait until they were at risk of not being able to pass such legislation (ie, before 2022 or 2024 elections, should they be at risk of losing one or both parts of Congress). They are doing this roughly a month into Biden's presidency. This is about Biden.

You do this kinda thing early in the term so your political enemies can't make any good use of it at the time or have it distract from your election campaign. Now is exactly when you'd do it. If they wait it will distract and take time away from more politically useful shit to get reelected.

And besides, there's another problem with the theory that it's about Biden. And that's that the suggestion that Biden is mentally unfit is.. Well, bullshit.

It's never been substantiated by anything but baseless political attacks and out of context youtube nonsense.

You only need listen to him properly (as in not out of context youtube propaganda) and anyone who knows even the first thing about dementia can see that Biden doesn't have it.

It's nonsense and it always has been.

Burnt Offerings

Bluelighter
I agree, time hasn't been kind to the whole "Biden has dementia" thing. There was a time early in 2020 when that actually seemed like a "thing", but the moment that dispelled it for me was his debate with Bernie Sanders near the end of the Democratic primary. He came off fine in that debate, as he did in later debates with Trump, and it kinda dispelled the notion that "Trump's gonna have a field day with this doddering old cretin" or whatever people were talking about back in early 2020. I have never seen anything to suggest that there's any "there" there, outside of carefully framed-and-edited compilations on social media.

And frankly, I hate Biden and I'm willing to give just about any criticism of him a fair hearing, so if anyone has any convincing evidence I'm willing to have my mind changed but...the evidence is thin on the ground, to put it mildly, for any kind of grave concern about Biden's cognition or basic control over his mental faculties IMO. It reminds me a little of all the "HILLARY HAS 10 DAYS TO LIVE!" shit that went on in 2016

ions

Bluelighter
I'm not prepared to say Biden is doing a good job. My thoughts are he's hiding out literally in the white house or dover somewhere. Mask mandates are a bad idea. Vaccines for all is a bad idea. Pelosi feeding him to sign shit, bad apples. It's a toxic situation. I don't need a new guitar, but that's what the next stimulus does. Not a good economic policy. Jobs and drug reform are better policy than fear and free money.

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
It's simple, everyone will not soon be vaccinated. Even if all Americans were vaccinated, which ain't gonna happen, unless the vaccine is applied everywhere and the world gives up these idiotic nationalistic priorities to their own detriment, the virus will mutate in unvaccinated populations and become a threat to us again.

Vaccines are not gonna be the singular silver bullet that solves everything, and given masks are very effective, they will likely remain involved until the entire pandemic is essentially over. Which will likely be a few more years.
The "experts" may try to say something like this, but after everyone has access to a vaccine, they're not going to get me to keep wearing one. Not a chance. I doubt that very many people will continue to wear a mask after summer comes around, and everyone has had access to the vaccine. I don't think that there will be very many people who'd go along with continuing to wear a mask everywhere for several years. I know that I certainly won't. Also, I've listened to speeches from doctors saying that this type of virus usually takes years to mutate to the point that it could evade vaccines completely. Then, if it does (or seems to be going in that direction), they're able to rework the type of vaccine that's used to incorporate protection against the new variant very quickly.

Last edited:

JessFR

Staff member
Well, you sound very selfish to me.

You're not being asked to wear masks because they just wanna see if you'll do it. It's cause it reduces deaths.

But yea, what do experts know, all that knowledge and education they have, they're obviously biased.

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
No one person can even launch a nuclear attack anyway once its put through it goes through levels of the US military and pentagon and those generals can outright refuse to launch a nuclear attack if there is not a good enough reason for it. This is about biden and how fucking senile and old he is. He might have a flashback to the cold war and nuke russia who the fuck knows his brain doesnt fuck work anymore

JessFR

Staff member
No one person can even launch a nuclear attack anyway once its put through it goes through levels of the US military and pentagon and those generals can outright refuse to launch a nuclear attack if there is not a good enough reason for it. This is about biden and how fucking senile and old he is. He might have a flashback to the cold war and nuke russia who the fuck knows his brain doesnt fuck work anymore

Soo, which is it? Cause it seems like you just said something that contradicted the next something.

Doesn't matter it's all the usual crap. :D

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
the fact the a US presdient even tried to nuke russia without nukes going through would send a message to wipe america off the map with russian hypersonic nuclear missiles that can not be shot down.

JessFR

Staff member
Nonsense.

He's "very selfish" because he doesn't want to wear a mask to protect against a virus that basically only kills senior citizens in an already vaccinated population?!?

This shit is, officially, totally crazy now.

It's crazy to think it's selfish to not give a shit about a virus that only kills old people? I mean that's not even true but if it were, yes it's selfish. It's deplorable.

Old people are people to and you shouldn't throw away years of their life cause you don't feel like wearing a fucking mask in a pandemic.

And as for "but everyone's vaccinated" the same fucking people who are so selfish are also the same people who are why everyone's not gonna be vaccinated.

God the selfishness is truly astounding.

Are you really so ignorant that you believe only old people have been killed by covid? Are you so ignorant that you think we're just gonna release the vaccine, with countries hoarding it and idiot right wing individualist types crying about their right to kill people so they don't have to wear a fucking mast, and poof everything will be back to normal?

Wear the fucking mask, follow the fucking directions, give a shit about someone other then yourself. That's the fastest way out of this.

Yes, he and you are being selfish,expressing selfish views.

Refusing to wear a mask in a pandemic because you care more about your comfort than other people's lives is a sickening display of selfishness.

Last edited: