• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

US Politics Official 2021 President Biden Thread - If there are no drug users there'd be no appetite for drugs

Four Mile Creek, St. Clair Township, Ohio
Congratulations President-elect Biden. What does everyone think about that?

MODEDIT: This thread was originally opened just after Biden won the election, since it was so close to the end of the year anyway, we're going to keep this thread for 2021 too now that biden has assumed the office.

Last edited by a moderator:

F.U.B.A.R.

☠Rattus norvegicus☠ Moderator: BDD, OD, EADD, LAVA
Staff member
Also relieved, but it's the lesser two evils imo so not exactly excited

Yeh, it's similar to the Corbyn/Johnson election. I voted for Corbyn simply because I hated Johnson even more.

But now it looks like the USA have finally got rid of Trump (for the time being - he won't go away that easily) they really need to find someone less senile ASAP.

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Yeh, it's similar to the Corbyn/Johnson election. I voted for Corbyn simply because I hated Johnson even more.

But now it looks like the USA have finally got rid of Trump (for the time being - he won't go away that easily) they really need to find someone less senile ASAP.

Biden is pro-LGBT+ and Pro-BLM...good enough for me! He's like the anti-Trump.

Anonymous Dissident

Bluelighter
Biden does not represent the left, in reality. He's center right. But he isn't Donald Trump and for that, I am thankful.

I only hope that cancer ends with him, but I think he was but a harbinger in America's looming identity crisis.
Something tells me that McConnell is going to do everything in his power, and possibly things that aren't, to make sure Trumpism is alive and well in the Senate. Same thing goes for Qanon crazies like Boerbert that my state somehow sent to congress promising to be the AOC of the right. We REALLY need to step it up and take the 2 Senate seats going to runoffs in Georgia. Let's get the Senate too everyone. Nip Trumpism in our government in the bid so to speak, pardon the terrible expression.

JessFR

Sr. Moderator: AADD, H&R, TDS
Staff member
I am extremely pleased and happy for my American friends.

I admit I dont know much about Biden and dont really care becuse even if Biden is shit NOTHING could be as bad as Trump.

Oh I don't agree at all. And I say this dispute being very much on team Biden here.

Trump was bad, but not nearly as bad as we could have had as the first president to harness this populist nationalist streak in American culture.

In some ways I think Trump represents dodging a bullet. Imagine trump, but if trump was competent, with a hitleresk ability to work a crowd. That would be so much worse.

Still very glad he's gone though. Hopefully it represents a significant setback to the aforementioned brewing problem in American society, and indeed western society more broadly.

andyturbo

Moderator: AADD, MDMA, TL; Administrator: PR.net
Staff member
Oh I don't agree at all. And I say this dispute being very much on team Biden here.

Trump was bad, but not nearly as bad as we could have had as the first president to harness this populist nationalist streak in American culture.

In some ways I think Trump represents dodging a bullet. Imagine trump, but if trump was competent, with a hitleresk ability to work a crowd. That would be so much worse.

Still very glad he's gone though. Hopefully it represents a significant setback to the aforementioned brewing problem in American society, and indeed western society more broadly.

That would be even worse true, although I stand by what I said im terms of I cant imagine even a shit Biden being as bad as a shit trump..which cant get any shittier lol 🎃

mokele

Bluelighter
Trump ,your Done!!! HAHA
But it really is the lesser of 2 evils.
Biden wants to stop legalisation of weed and i really think those old guys should make Way for someone younger. But between only those 2 guys , Biden/ Harris will hopefully be more sensible.

CFC

Bluelight Crew
I already spotted a few articles from media establishment shills going on about how "the left" cost Biden votes in renewed narrative building exercises by self-declared centrists lol. Now we have shots fired back in return:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ends truce by warning ‘incompetent’ Democratic party

New York representative denies Movement for Black Lives and Green New Deal cost seats

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has criticised the Democratic party for incompetence in a no-holds-barred, post-election interview with the New York Times, warning that if the Biden administration does not put progressives in top positions, the party would lose big in the 2022 midterm elections.

Signaling that the internal moratorium in place while the Democrats worked to defeat Donald Trump was over, the leftwing New York representative sharply rejected the notion advanced by some Democratsthat progressive messaging around the Movement for Black Lives and the Green New Deal led to the party’s loss of congressional seats in last week’s election.

The real problem, said Ocasio-Cortez, was that the party lacked “core competencies” to run campaigns.

“There’s a reason Barack Obama built an entire national campaign apparatus outside of the Democratic National Committee,” she told the Times’ Astead Herndon. “And there’s a reason that when he didn’t activate or continue that, we lost House majorities. Because the party – in and of itself – does not have the core competencies, and no amount of money is going to fix that.”

Read on:

yubacity

Bluelighter

Johnson also thinks he a mini Trump and now we shooting ourselves in the foot by leaving the largest trading block in the world.I am lucky I can vote in the UK and the US made one vote before for Biden before coming back to tie a few loose ends and hope I can also vote to get johnson out.