• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Scared Off methadone and in the midst of a suboxone taper to become opiate free and need help!

I have health insurance and it actually covers it. (Unlike the strips) - the copay for the shot was $150 BUT I filled out a free online sublocade copay assistance form and they sent me the card in the mail. My part is $5. They must receive a kickback from a government funded program or something to cover it I’m assuming. I’ve heard that the same people that help with the sublocade copay might can actually help with the cost of the shot too. Worth checking into. My doc said Medicaid/Medicare covers it 100% as well.

There’s also an implant they can put in you that’s lasts I think 3 months
My Buddy got a single sublocade shot and still tests positive for bupe….. a year later. ZERO withdrawals. I’m praying for the same experience lol. I just want to NOT withdraw from subs. It’s the absolute worst.

My Buddy got a single sublocade shot and still tests positive for bupe….. a year later. ZERO withdrawals. I’m praying for the same experience lol. I just want to NOT withdraw from subs. It’s the absolute worst.
That’s interesting, if I ever go to jail for s long period again, I’ll have to get one before I go, ha. Those bastards won’t be able to stop me from taking it if it’s inside of me, why can’t they make a shot that releases oxymorphone or sub for 10 years?

That’s interesting, if I ever go to jail for s long period again, I’ll have to get one before I go, ha. Those bastards won’t be able to stop me from taking it if it’s inside of me, why can’t they make a shot that releases oxymorphone or sub for 10 years?
Let’s start a petition for that! 😆 see how many signatures we get…. 👀🤷🏻‍♀️ Ya never know! Lol

Does a short term Buprenorphine taper work to walk away with significantly reduced withdrawal symptoms when off of it? You would think that, even though it's only a partial agonist, it still hits opiate receptors so you would be back at day 1 of withdrawal after discontinued use of Buprenorphine.
I was convinced by my doctor to use a short term 14-21 day suboxone taper to come off of 30mg methadone daily for 4 yrs. I was in methadone withdrawal for 6 days and have taken 4mg of sub a day for 4 days now. I'm currently on day 10 off of Methadone. It doesn't take away all the withdrawal and only seems to last me about 12 hrs but it is making this bearable. I'll be starting to taper my dose in 2 or 3 days. Would taking the suboxone restart the withdrawal cycle to day 1 or will tapering down to .25 and off of it over the next 10-14 days help make it ALOT easier to be done? I have a great support system in place and moving to be with my family in another state. I tapered from 100 mg to 30 to do this. I just want to be done and get my life going as normal again. Methadone saved my life. It's time i do it without my daily crutch. I am super motivated to stay clean and do anything that i need to. I'm just afraid that I'm prolonging the misery. If anyone has any advise, suggestions or experience doing this i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
I see what you are wondering. I'm not sure. I recall a method where someone takes one last large dose of suboxone as they enter what is to be their WD phase. Due to bupe's extra-long lasting effect at larger doses, it supposedly would ever-so-gradually return the addict to the sober world.
But this is not what you are considering. I have also read that at tiny doses, bupe acts just like an agonist, thus leaves your system as quickly as heroin for example.

However, the reason I ended up on this thread is that I need someone to explain why I should be grateful I passed on a job at a methadone clinic, which would have paid a bit better. I am a former opioid addict who is dependent on sub, and need it to function due to serious chronic pain. I am hoping someone who's spent time in these clinics can tell me I'm a genius for sticking w/ DUI employment.

I’ve heard about Lucemyra recently and it can be used as a sub alternative for tapering off