• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Odd Meth Reaction (overdose?) Need Help

Mash1

Greenlighter
Hi all,
Ill start by saying If your going to tell me to stop doing drugs then fuck off because every situation is different. I am pretty well aware of dangers and harmful side effects.. I know that if theres an OD call an ambulance. Blah blah blah.

So I've been using meth for around a 5 months though, everyday fir about a month now. I for the most part use it for my ADD also to help my depression, and motivation to be productive. I dont consume it to get high as I dont really like tweaking. Ive personally always been a pothead (until anxiety ruined that) and loved Opiates eapecially the injection of Heroin. Its never really given me euphoria or anything like some people say. I almost dont even feel anything at all. I would describe it as an equivalent as Aderall or Dextroamphetamine which I was perscribed for a couple years when younger. I use very little at a time but multiple times. Anyway, earlier tonight I had an odd reaction. I woke up around 6pm (work graveyard shifts) I have had very little to eat lately. So I smoked a small bowl of meth one very tiny shard Id compare to the size of a peice of pencil led. I also let two small shards (another pencil led size and one jist barely bigger) disolve in i think around .6 ml of water (half of u100 syringe without needle) plugged half, and left half the syringe. Everything was fine but ive almost been getting tired from meth lately. About 45 minutes later I decided to smoke 1 more pencil led sized shard and plug the rest. If it helps the amount of meth was probably .1 g maybe a little more. A most .2 grams. About an average dose for me.

Anyway I plugged the second half and started smoking the bowl. . I took probably 5 fat hits and then something happened ive never expeienced. About 5 to 10 minutes after plugging I was sitting on the floor pipe in hand still hitting it, and right after a hit my head started to feel odd. Almost like light headed or dizzy. My vision changed. I cant tell exactly how, maybe darker. I definetly saw dots or fuzziness and there was tiny trails after anything that moved. It hit me like bricks. Immediately I thought "im overdosing" and my balance was off but I could move completely normal and everything. I laid in bed for a second and then got up because someone asked me to turn off the fan. I did not want to tell them what was going on so i did and then i started to look for my work schedule. My thoughts were a little confused but nothing major. I continued to draw like I had been before hand and I was a little shakey but that is very common for me (for years and when sober). The dots/color, and dizziness last 3 - 7 minutes Id say. My stomach has had very minor pain, but I doubt its related. Other than that I do not remeber the other effects but if someone was to state one I am sure I would. It is now probably 3 or 4 hours later, and I feel fine very curious as to what happened.

Ive done research and the only two things I could assume is either Vasoconstriction or lack of food, sleep, and water. Off the top of my head I don't maybe its possible for the cut to do this. Ive eaten and drank water since. Anyone know what this is? I have never felt it and it was an average dose for myself. Should I be worried or is this a common reaction. Also hypothetically I smoked a bowl would it come back? I am really debating amoking some weed but its not always worth it. + if this for whatever reason has to do with heart or blood pressure weed definitely wouldnt help. Any dangers, signs, symptoms, or advice is much appreciated. Be safe everyone.

P.S. If anyone can tell me why its been making me tired id like to know. One morw thing. if anyone knows anything to calm anxiety, blood pressure, or heartrate when smoking weed (or mixing both) then I MUST hear it. Obviously Benzos and stuff but im talking about anything else. Maybe even OTC drugs. Thanks.

It could be a cut. But more likely its the act of smoking it, which can be paradoxically sedating. This could easily be compounded by sleep or nutritional deficits.

It could be any of these things really, in varying degrees.

Yea hard to know if it’s the gear getting you sleepy or overuse.. Maybe try a tiny break to see if it’s overuse? If not maybe try around some new dealers?

-GC

.2 grams of meth, if the purity is 100% is actually enough to cause an overdose. From the sounds of it, you haven't crossed that threshold which is a good thing, but you probably did do a little more than you can handle comfortably. The best thing you can do is relax, try to focus on something outside of what's happening with you because you are not overdosing and you don't feel your symptoms are emergent enough to go to a hospital.

Also check yourself, and make damn sure that what you are thinking about not going to the hospital is the correct way to go. Your life is more important than whatever you think the hospital is going to do to you that's negative. Health care and medical records are confidential, police cannot intervene in a case with someone going to the hospital to get help for their drug use. People who work in hospitals, even if they know you, cannot disclose medical information. That's a lawsuit and a half that they will lose.

I think that smoking more meth at this time will absolutely exacerbate your condition right now. You are correct that the effects of vasoconstriction, lack of food, sleep, water can lead to symptoms like this. The best thing to do would be to address those issues by not smoking more, taking something of which to calm your heart down like a benzo. Antipsychotics are good for reducing the effects of crystal meth. I would not recommend smoking weed for vasoconstriction because smoking weed does also cause vasoconstriction and can increase anxiety and paranoia.

Get yourself hydrated, fed, relaxed, do not take any more meth, don't smoke weed, take a benzo or an antipsychotic if you have any. Do something relaxing to get your head off of things the best you can, and if you can manage it, sleep would be a really good option for you. You'll feel come down off this meth when you wake up if you can manage that. Take a break from it after if you can manage. Drugs like meth become more and more disturbing in their side effects over time if you don't take breaks and maintain your health. I'm personally having a hell of a time with a daily addiction that's causing more and more complications as I go. Don't do what I do.

I agree with all the above very sensible recommendations. But I’d add that the symptoms you describe are similar to a mild stroke. Stroke is a possible complication from meth. In which case some kind of neurological assessment would be a good idea. Especially if the symptoms linger.

I’d also politely and respectfully suggest that 200 mg of methamphetamine a day to treat ADD is over-medicating yourself. The maximum Rx dose of methamphetamine for ADD is around 30 mg, with most people started on 15 or less. 200 mg is a party dose, even if it does not give you euphoria. It’s also only the drug of last resort for ADD and every rarely prescribed.

It does seem that some people feel little euphoria on meth and some people also feel paradoxical effects, such as sleepiness. This is especially common with long term users who have developed tolerance. At one point i could consume a gram a day and still sleep for 6-8 hours with little more than 5 mg valium to smooth the way. Even at 1 g a day I wasn’t tweaking very often but it increasingly eroded my motivation and all it did for depression was delay it until the inevitable day when I ran out of meth and then it hit me 10-fold what it was to begin with.

Nobody here is going to tell you not to take drugs. That’s your choice. But we will point out potentially risky drug taking behaviour when people describe their use. In the main, almost everybody on BL who has a story about using meth to self-medicate ADD ends that story with their life turning into a total clusterfuck. You’ll still find people who claim to have been able to consume meth for years with no ill effects. But they are a minority.

ive had it happen couple times its the shit they cut with give ya like google eyea feel it in top part of ur head

got to eat and drink rake a good calcium and fish oil vitamin daily keep ur body ph right and a nap here and there

I agree with all the above very sensible recommendations. But I’d add that the symptoms you describe are similar to a mild stroke. Stroke is a possible complication from meth. In which case some kind of neurological assessment would be a good idea. Especially if the symptoms linger.

I’d also politely and respectfully suggest that 200 mg of methamphetamine a day to treat ADD is over-medicating yourself. The maximum Rx dose of methamphetamine for ADD is around 30 mg, with most people started on 15 or less. 200 mg is a party dose, even if it does not give you euphoria. It’s also only the drug of last resort for ADD and every rarely prescribed.

It does seem that some people feel little euphoria on meth and some people also feel paradoxical effects, such as sleepiness. This is especially common with long term users who have developed tolerance. At one point i could consume a gram a day and still sleep for 6-8 hours with little more than 5 mg valium to smooth the way. Even at 1 g a day I wasn’t tweaking very often but it increasingly eroded my motivation and all it did for depression was delay it until the inevitable day when I ran out of meth and then it hit me 10-fold what it was to begin with.

Nobody here is going to tell you not to take drugs. That’s your choice. But we will point out potentially risky drug taking behaviour when people describe their use. In the main, almost everybody on BL who has a story about using meth to self-medicate ADD ends that story with their life turning into a total clusterfuck. You’ll still find people who claim to have been able to consume meth for years with no ill effects. But they are a minority.
You are right about most of what youre saying except whats in bold. Im a chronic addict and sitting around 200-300mg per day these days. Sometimes less. I know Ive had my days where Im way above that but I mostly self regulate the best I can. Good smoking technique can make a little but go a long way.

200mg can actually overdose a nontolerant grown man. A party dose in the beginning Id never suggest more than 50mg to start. Small bump or a few good hits.

You are right about most of what youre saying except whats in bold. Im a chronic addict and sitting around 200-300mg per day these days. Sometimes less. I know Ive had my days where Im way above that but I mostly self regulate the best I can. Good smoking technique can make a little but go a long way.

200mg can actually overdose a nontolerant grown man. A party dose in the beginning Id never suggest more than 50mg to start. Small bump or a few good hits.
Yeah I didn’t mean that very well. What I meant was if someone is taking 200 mg it’s definitely not as a study aid. It’s to get high as fuck. Now I’ve stopped taking antipsychotics I struggle to get through 3-400 in a full day effort. New starters wanting to party should be starting around 50mg. Which ought to keep them going 48 hours.

Yeah I didn’t mean that very well. What I meant was if someone is taking 200 mg it’s definitely not as a study aid. It’s to get high as fuck. Now I’ve stopped taking antipsychotics I struggle to get through 3-400 in a full day effort. New starters wanting to party should be starting around 50mg. Which ought to keep them going 48 hours.
Heres a trick to stretch your smoke.

Hold your tokes in awhjle. Then exhale just a bit. Then a bit. Then a bit. Exhale fully after a few of these. It circulates the smoke in your lungs and theyll absorb more. I bet youll save some crys. I know how expensive it is in Australia.

Heres a trick to stretch your smoke.

Hold your tokes in awhjle. Then exhale just a bit. Then a bit. Then a bit. Exhale fully after a few of these. It circulates the smoke in your lungs and theyll absorb more. I bet youll save some crys. I know how expensive it is in Australia.
I’ve usually breathe out just a little, breathe in some fresh air over the top so I don’t suffocate then repeat a few times. It is frightfully expensive in Australia. That’s partly why I am transitioning to psychedelics as my main drug.

Also if you are able to handle it, Im about to contradict myself a little here. A bit of weed, particularly high cbd strains can actually be calming. The most harm reduction version of this would be to just get some pure cbd like a vape or whatever.

Its also neuroprotective which is good for meth users because meth demyleniates your neurons. This means the white/grey matter which ensheaths and protects the electrical impulses in your brain from misfiring. Nothing will stop chronic meth use from being harmful, but this is a trick I know.

Anyone reading this. Meth use on an MRI scan with this demyleniated neurons issue.. it looks exactly like schizophrenia. This is the stage where you get chronic psychosis, and sometimes people dont recover after stopping. You can literally make yourself schizophrenic.

I’ve usually breathe out just a little, breathe in some fresh air over the top so I don’t suffocate then repeat a few times. It is frightfully expensive in Australia. That’s partly why I am transitioning to psychedelics as my main drug.
How will you use meth around the clock though if youre on psychedelics around the clock? Im confused... please help me.

got to eat and drink rake a good calcium and fish oil vitamin daily keep ur body ph right and a nap here and there
This is actually sound advice.

The ph level in your body also has a good portion of what is to do with how impactful your buzz will be. Meaning youll get higher if youre a more neutral ph. Some people use alka seltzer prior to dosing. This can also save you some meth and meth is money.

How will you use meth around the clock though if youre on psychedelics around the clock? Im confused... please help me.

I switching. I’m only going to be fucked up 2 days a week from now on. 1 day mad tripping, 1 day recovering, 5 days working and going to gym while I wait for psychedelic tolerance to reset. Which takes 4-5 days for me apparently. I think I’ll just save having chemsex frenzies for public holidays.

I switching. I’m only going to be fucked up 2 days a week from now on. 1 day mad tripping, 1 day recovering, 5 days working and going to gym while I wait for psychedelic tolerance to reset. Which takes 4-5 days for me apparently. I think I’ll just save having chemsex frenzies for public holidays.
Not a bad idea. I enjoy acid and shrooms and DMT. One day I was using meth, drinking, and DMT. Another time I was using GHB, alcohol (small amt), meth, cocaine, and weed. I had K and DMT but I didnt get the opportunity because I was too busy being on 5 drugs having a threesome.

(Anyway guys some posts are serious. Some arent. That one was middleground. Serious but really dumb dont mix 5 drugs. If anyone needs advice on meth me and @Perforated are pretty much the experts. Hes more educated but Im pretty well read myself on this. Jimi Hendrix has some stiff competition on my experience as well.)

Not a bad idea. I enjoy acid and shrooms and DMT. One day I was using meth, drinking, and DMT. Another time I was using GHB, alcohol (small amt), meth, cocaine, and weed. I had K and DMT but I didnt get the opportunity because I was too busy being on 5 drugs having a threesome.

(Anyway guys some posts are serious. Some arent. That one was middleground. Serious but really dumb dont mix 5 drugs. If anyone needs advice on meth me and @Perforated are pretty much the experts. Hes more educated but Im pretty well read myself on this. Jimi Hendrix has some stiff competition on my experience as well.)
We’re also mods so we should probably stop derailing this thread and go back to your Abstinence thread in The Lounge and stay there for the duration.

thanks for the reply over the decades of being in the shit I've learned some forgot more and can still tie my shoes with out doing the disco lol you know what im talking about we have all seen em theguy or girl using there whole body to get a drink and the seven eleven yep its nap amd a sandwich time