• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

OD and the aftermath

Juniper Bruhmomentius

Temporary Ban
So about 5 weeks ago i overdosed harshly due to my junkie brains and the combo of heroin, lyrica, diazepam and few ciders. Woke up, couldnt move my hands, so had to fall out of my gaming chair and crawl to the fuking door. Luckily hadnt locked the door so i opened it with my leg and started shouting for help. After some time finally a neighbours heard and called ambulance.

I was 6 days at the hospital in constant fucking pain and slept max hour per night. They diagnosed Rhabdomyolysis and nerve damage in hand and leg. Re-taught myself on how to walk even though they said not to and was sent home with minimum gabapentin dose and no painkillers.

Some of the nerve damage has gone away, but my kidneys (i think) hurt constantly, cant use my right hand properly, sleeping like 2-6 hours at night which sometimes results in me being super paranoid in stressful situations leading up to almost being psychotic. For instance I came home from my parents yesterday and after some stupid and funny shit in the bus I was damn sure that a girl sitting behind me was my own imagination, but finally convinced myself that she was not.

Doctor visits are starting next week and Hopefully they finally script me with something that even remotely helps and take a look at my kidneys cause this pain is fucking scary to be honest. Wishing for increased gabapentin dose or straight lyrica due to 4-year script i was on it and atleast codeine.

Stay on the safe side with your combos fellow users! (Am never comboing alcohol with anything else than weed again and propably quitting benzos for the rest of my life, cause they have been the downfall of me pretty much)

Schizopath

Man thats fucking insane! That makes me very curious now. A few months ago i had a few beers and did some smack and passed out. Woke up and 2 fingers on my hand were completely numb for like 2 months. I figured i passed out on my hand but i wonder if i OD'D.

Glad your not dead tho man. How did you reteach yourself to walk?

Man thats fucking insane! That makes me very curious now. A few months ago i had a few beers and did some smack and passed out. Woke up and 2 fingers on my hand were completely numb for like 2 months. I figured i passed out on my hand but i wonder if i OD'D.

Glad your not dead tho man. How did you reteach yourself to walk?

At first just sitting on the edge of my bed and pushing my legs to the ground so they would get some strength back and after that having little walks around the bed. Scariest part was to start walking around the room. I had my own room, because at the start they thought that I had shingles. If I hadnt learned how to walk, I would propably been few weeks at the hospital which I was scared of, because a single day felt like a fucking week with nothing to do and obvious junkie treatment on meds.

Ive had the numbness myself too when sleeping on my left hand. Did you sleep on your hand or something cause the just 2 finger numbness sounds genuinely weird?

Heavy shit man. I've fucked the nerves in my left forearm and left thigh.
The forearm is needles and pins and a constant flame hoovers just to close all the time.
My thigh is numb, been getting worse for a few weeks. Might be the heat. Bet I could carve the Sfinx into that pale flesh with a straight razor and not feel a thing.

Yeah I can identify with your pain. It fucking sucks cause its pretty much almost there with (for me) occasional lightning strikes to my knee. Have you noticed that your thinking and mental state affects your pain?
For some reason oxycontin comptely took away the nerve damage? might have been the dose though.
Getting some tramadols tomorrow and gonna try if 200mg does it for the pain.
Forgot to mention that my back is also completely numb near the area that Im feeling pain.

are ya sure numbness in fingers isnt carpal tunnel syndrome ? i have numbness in right middle finger and the most popular answer on google was carpal tunnel. it's doing my head in. i might see a dr and see what they say.

Depending on which fingers are affected, carpal or cubital tunnel syndrome are good candidates.

Had some blood tests done today and got a time for "organ"doctor tomorrow. Ive had numbness in my left arm since last year, so after googling tunnel syndromes in damn sure I go it. Gonna talk my about my doubts to the doc.

Sleep has been getting better, but for some reason I can sleep max 1 hour, unless im lying on my stomach.

Overall feeling alot better, except some days when the sleep deprivation kicks in.

Shame to hear. In hospital I was sure Id be like that for the rest of my life. But luckily the pains went away. It was literal nightmare, I slept 2 hours a night for 3 FUCKING MONTHS.

So about 5 weeks ago i overdosed harshly due to my junkie brains and the combo of heroin, lyrica, diazepam and few ciders. Woke up, couldnt move my hands, so had to fall out of my gaming chair and crawl to the fuking door. Luckily hadnt locked the door so i opened it with my leg and started shouting for help. After some time finally a neighbours heard and called ambulance.

I was 6 days at the hospital in constant fucking pain and slept max hour per night. They diagnosed Rhabdomyolysis and nerve damage in hand and leg. Re-taught myself on how to walk even though they said not to and was sent home with minimum gabapentin dose and no painkillers.

Some of the nerve damage has gone away, but my kidneys (i think) hurt constantly, cant use my right hand properly, sleeping like 2-6 hours at night which sometimes results in me being super paranoid in stressful situations leading up to almost being psychotic. For instance I came home from my parents yesterday and after some stupid and funny shit in the bus I was damn sure that a girl sitting behind me was my own imagination, but finally convinced myself that she was not.

Doctor visits are starting next week and Hopefully they finally script me with something that even remotely helps and take a look at my kidneys cause this pain is fucking scary to be honest. Wishing for increased gabapentin dose or straight lyrica due to 4-year script i was on it and atleast codeine.

Stay on the safe side with your combos fellow users! (Am never comboing alcohol with anything else than weed again and propably quitting benzos for the rest of my life, cause they have been the downfall of me pretty much)

Schizopath
I've had like 4 or 5 overdoses from opiates,, and maybe a couple from amphehetamines. Perhaps they caused some of the health issues i am dealing with. I never had to spend any more than 3 days in the hospital and that was from psychosis with the stimulants, usually overnight at worst, but usually narcaned real quick then out. No follow up or anything. I was imaging the oxygen deprivation could have caused some problems. I've definitely at the very least had memory and cognitive decline from it. I wasn't out for more than 10-15 minutes, not breathing.

Sorry you had to deal with all that man, growing up can be like getting punched in the face with the message "actions have consequences" until we finally (hopefully) realize

I was propably out for 9 hours. I fell asleep after a big sip of cider.

"My brains fried like a hash brown"
If you didn't breath for 9 hrs you'd be dead... even 15 minutes like it was for me, no? I was thinking the cutoff was 4 minutes, but how these people literally found em threw me in a car got me to the hospital and narcan in 4 minutes is unbelievable, or other times ems even more remarkable

Youre right. But after waking up just my legs worked and I was in delirium too :LOL:

I screamed to the paramedics "I DIDNT FUCKING SMOKE WEED, I SMOKED CBD!"

At this point even being an active polyaddict I wouldn't use opiates seeing all the damage lost a cousin to heroin and a high school friend of my sister's plus seeing what it does to people from having been around plenty of junkies in treatment over the years all different types all ages all walks of life like I was recently offered some painkiller tabs but got sick even thinking of taking a couple lol didn't hesitate to turn them down

I hope you avoid the things that might be your end.

I am sure someone can argue for using all too potentially lethal opiates responsibly but I am not one

Last edited: