• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

OBE's

Drug_Head

Bluelighter
Are there any dangers, or anything I should be aware of when leaving my body, due to the use psychedelics?

And are astral projections the same thing?

Last edited:
Make sure your body is in a safe space... comfortable, and nourished.

I personally wouldn't mess with psychedelics and OBEs. But... if I were to do it, I would make sure the space is cleansed and magically protected. I would clean the room physically and energetically beforehand. I would call in guardians, set up wards, and do magic to protect the place. Then I would consider how I'm going to leave my body and what I hope to accomplish by doing so.

The main thing I'd be afraid of is entity attachment and attracting nasties.

I do it all the time (while sober) and don't know about the other stuff or what it is. I had my first astral projection experience, completely involuntarily when I was 7 so when I read up on it as an adult I just recreated the vibrations to make it happen. This is why I think it's good to ask specific questions because we're all unique in our approach and experience to this kind of thing

I don't even think what I do is the same as having an OBE (out-of body experience), if I understand what that is. I'd say in my experience, AP is a wholesome experience where everything feels connected if that makes sense. It's not like feeling dissociated or away from the body. It's just a different sort of consciousness. Again, for me anyway

Last edited:
I mean I can only believe in what I've experienced and I've never come across anybody on the astral plane. It could be different for everybody though. I've heard about meeting shamans and having a guide (like a tour guide) who takes you to different realms. Sounds terrifying to me, to be honest. I'd rather just be alone there. It's intense enough as it is =)

I do it all the time (while sober) and don't know about the other stuff or what it is. I had my first astral projection experience, completely involuntarily when I was 7 so when I read up on it as an adult I just recreated the vibrations to make it happen. This is why I think it's good to ask specific questions because we're all unique in our approach and experience to this kind of thing

I don't even think what I do is the same as having an OBE (out-of body experience), if I understand what that is. I'd say in my experience, AP is a wholesome experience where everything feels connected if that makes sense. It's not like feeling dissociated or away from the body. It's just a different sort of consciousness. Again, for me anyway
I have had OBEs while lucid dreaming, but the first time it happened I was a teen on a super high dose of LSD. But it was a different type of OBE than the three I had during lucid dreams. I never encountered demons, evil entities, etc. I am not saying they do or do not exist, just that I personally never encountered any, but I was told by a friend that can see ghosts that it is best not to mess with chaos magick, white/black magic, ask for guides, etc.

Eating lots of marijuana made it feel like I was floating and almost going to have an OBE when I was trying to sleep but the OBE did not happen.

no need to do anything just take a high dose in the dark and play super trippy music and you will leave your body no such thing as enitites.
So are entities people see, communicate, or experience while tripping just a projection of their own mind?

I have noticed how people who smoke DMT or drink it in Ayahuasca all claim to see the McKenna machine elves, aliens-they are the 'grey' type you see in films and on TV that look like this: 👽 or some giant praying mantis type insect alien that does stuff to them. But maybe this is from reading too many trip reports?

But a friend that when he was alive conducted Ayahuasca ceremonies in Brasil and Peru where it is legal told me how the people who are natives do not see these types of entities, and instead they see jaguars, snakes, giant butterflies, and ancestors or family that are not alive or who have passed onto the next plane of human/spiritual existence.

I never took DMT or Ayahuasca as it seemed a bit too intense-two friends had horrible bad trips from it and another friend went into a permanent psychotic state after taking it, it was not easily available unlike now, and the vomiting or sickness from Ayahuasca does not sound enjoyable at all.

I have had OBEs while lucid dreaming, but the first time it happened I was a teen on a super high dose of LSD. But it was a different type of OBE than the three I had during lucid dreams. I never encountered demons, evil entities, etc. I am not saying they do or do not exist, just that I personally never encountered any, but I was told by a friend that can see ghosts that it is best not to mess with chaos magick, white/black magic, ask for guides, etc.

Eating lots of marijuana made it feel like I was floating and almost going to have an OBE when I was trying to sleep but the OBE did not happen.
For sure. I mean when I read OBE I think of like soul travel or whatever you believe it is/call it. But I still think that's different from what I'm referring to. It's more subtle. It's like an energy awareness transference or something, hehe

I'll never forget one time when I was lying in bed on my side and woke up (not really) on the floor. It was weird because I actually thought I did since as a kid I often rolled out of bed and awakened on the floor. But at some point I realized I was in my astral body and then jolted up in bed. My body tingled like crazy for a long time

I have never had a negative experience with psychedelics and OBEs. You aren't going to get trapped outside of yourself. It can feel that way for a while, but once you get back into your 'self'... From my experiences, I have found that I know my 'self' better or can be more compassionate with aspects of my past that I was not previously able to be compassionate about.

Be careful. Set your intention. Get there, if you can.

I have never had a negative experience with psychedelics and OBEs. You aren't going to get trapped outside of yourself. It can feel that way for a while, but once you get back into your 'self'... From my experiences, I have found that I know my 'self' better or can be more compassionate with aspects of my past that I was not previously able to be compassionate about.

Be careful. Set your intention. Get there, if you can.
I have a question.

While coming off of antipsychotics, I ended up in an OBE that lasted approximately 6 months. Since then I seem to be somewhere between my body and somewhere within it's close proximity. Do you think 6 months is too long to hope to get fixed back into my body?

I thought it was 'OOBEs'. 'OBEs' are what the British establishment hand out to people like Jimmy Saville...

I thought it was 'OOBEs'. 'OBEs' are what the British establishment hand out to people like Jimmy Saville...
I have no idea about a lot of acronyms. I read “OBEs” in the context of the thread and gave my opinion.

While coming off of antipsychotics, I ended up in an OBE that lasted approximately 6 months. Since then I seem to be somewhere between my body and somewhere within it's close proximity. Do you think 6 months is too long to hope to get fixed back into my body?
The out of body experience brought on by psychedelics, is I’d imagine, different than that which is brought on by mental health.
That being said... I would think that if you’re working at it, you will eventually get to a place where you don’t feel that way. Do you see a therapist? How are you trying to address it?

I have no idea about a lot of acronyms. I read “OBEs” in the context of the thread and gave my opinion.

The out of body experience brought on by psychedelics, is I’d imagine, different than that which is brought on by mental health.
That being said... I would think that if you’re working at it, you will eventually get to a place where you don’t feel that way. Do you see a therapist? How are you trying to address it?
I think you misunderstood. It was brought on by antipsychotics. Not by mental health.

Oh, weird... Yeah, I would say that you can get there. Medications can induce really weird and sometimes lasting (but not permanent usually) states of mind. I think that you’ll probably get there with time.

Seroquel put me in a very strange place after one use. I felt completely outside of my self. It took a month and change to sort it out. That was with weekly therapy and lots of long talks with friends.

I've had a few subtle dissociative episodes lately but it's nothing like an out of body experience for me. It's brought about by frequent alcohol drinking and doesn't bother me. I'm always fascinated when I read about people having dissociative trips and going out of body. I've never had a (voluntary, unless you consider alcohol here) dissociative experience directly induced by drugs but that seems odd to me as going out of body is like the most electric experience that I'd liken to an empathogenic/entactogenic experience

I've always been fascinated by obe's and would love to experience it myself. I tried with DMT once on New year's Eve. I loaded a pipe with a lot of DMT then took two big tokes, as Terrence McKenna said I tried for a third one but wasn't capable. Unfortunately I panicked and freaked out, luckily I had someone with me to help calm me down. I was laughing by the end of the trip.
Maybe I'll try again one day.
What are peoples experience's with high doses of DMT?