• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs O-DSMT - my first experience seeking opinion

45acp

Greenlighter
O-DSMT - my first experience

Your thoughts on my first time using odsmt -

I have only used prescription opioids in the past for chronic pain either hydro oxy or bupe. Not really large doses. I just ordered odsmt powder.
I began taking mid-day after having used hydro / kratom earlier in the day. I just used 10 mg in glass of water and sipped over 4-5 hours and I could feel pain relief as I didn’t re-dose any hydro or kratom. I also noticed a boost in energy almost like a nootropic.

The next morning, I had a killer headache like never before, and I rarely ever get headaches. I began dosing again 5 mg in glass of water sipped over hour or two. Headache went away in 30 minutes. I used no more than 20 mg throughout the day in 5 mg increments. I had crazy mental energy right up until bed time and pain reduction was equivalent to that of 40 mg of oxy. I thought I found my holy grail for dealing with failed spine surgeries. I was not “high” at all in my opinion. There were episode during the day when pain would return I would re-up with 5mg in water take a sip over time and shortly after would get dizzy / lightheaded it would pass in half hour or so. Otherwise felt really good physically and not bad at all mentally. I could tell “I was on something” it was energetic but focused at same time. The focus was very similar to when I first started using kratom years ago but more energy.

Woke up day two no headache. Began my 5 mg dosing for pain. Relief after first 5 mg for a few hours then nothing afterwards - Mental energy vanished and pain returned. Another 5 mg and then another and felt like vomiting for a while. Ended up going back to hydro which barely take the edge off.

Any thought on this? I realize virgin receptors will always feel different initially. I also read odsmt has fast tolerance building. My short lived honeymoon seems very unusual maybe?

Just for conversation; I tried presses with fent. Not sure what else was in there if anything, I could not find out. I have no desire to use that again but will if it’s my only option for pain relief. Was on them for bout 4 days. 1 press would last entire day mixed in water. Gave pain relief yes but nothing pleasurable about it so not sure what I am misunderstanding and why some users enjoy it. I have read it’s a dirty high. I would not call it a high at all just mentally crappy. Metonitazene is on the way so I am going to give that a spin as well.

Any input will be appreciated.

Well 5mg sounds like an extremely low-dose of O-DSMT. Even when I cut my tolerance low I really cannot feel much opioid effect at 25-30mg. Perhaps you felt the NRI-effect or it was just placebo. I'd try a higher dose if I were you. Maybe try sublingual? For me that makes the product more effective and I skip the nausea that I might get when taking it oral.

Also keep in mind Kratom can have 2 different effects if you dose it earlier in the day before your opioid: sometimes it will nullify any effect but sometimes it will also potentiate it a lot. Maybe that is why you felt the 5mg the first time?

Sounds like placebo to be frank. Most people don't get significant effects from doses that low of O-DSMT. And its not a matter of metabolism since it is already the active metabolite of tramadol. Though I have a permatolerance, even when i haven't had opioids in my system i can barely feel 20mg.

If you are getting such strong effects from something less potent than morphine like O-DSMT you better be careful with that metonitazene, which is many times stronger than morphine.

Well 5mg sounds like an extremely low-dose of O-DSMT. Even when I cut my tolerance low I really cannot feel much opioid effect at 25-30mg. Perhaps you felt the NRI-effect or it was just placebo. I'd try a higher dose if I were you. Maybe try sublingual? For me that makes the product more effective and I skip the nausea that I might get when taking it oral.

Also keep in mind Kratom can have 2 different effects if you dose it earlier in the day before your opioid: sometimes it will nullify any effect but sometimes it will also potentiate it a lot. Maybe that is why you felt the 5mg the first time?

This was the answer. As soon as I read I began sublingual with 25 mg + and the effects were dramatic. Why I got such result from 5mg the first 1.5 days could have simply been the fresh receptors. I have had similar expierence with steroids. Here the first half day and the next full day were just tremendous results pain relief and nootropic. But then the honeymoon was over on day 2 and followed your advise so its's really 25mg + to feel effect at this point. I 've veen dosing hydros and oxys sub-lingual daily for many years so no stranger to to SL ROA. The real issue now is the 3 hour dosing I need to deal wtih or find a work around for. Thank you.