Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(o-desmethyltramadol/~120mg) - first time - varied ROAs - A Brief Report

IamMe90

Bluelighter
Hi All!

I don't usually write experience reports, but from my cursory google searches, there seem to be very, very few reports on this compound. I acquired 500mg recently from a very reputable source, and after allergy testing, I decided to test the waters.

Some background: I am very opiate naive. I have used codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, tramadol and kratom. The former four I've only used sparingly over ~7 years. Kratom I have more experience with, usually buying in quantities of around 100g and using frequently until the quantity is depleted.

It had been probably 4 months since any opioid ingestion at the time of ODT ingestion (the last being tramadol, to which I react fairly strongly). With excitement and a bit of apprehension, I began my night.

t + 0: I took 50mg mixed in a glass of water. I wait.
t+ 30: I'm feeling a little warm, a little gooey, good. Not too strong. At this point, I insufflate 20mg.
t+ 50: Effects definitely increasing. I feel that goooood opiate itch, more warmth, and I'm grinning. I still want it to be stronger though, so I attempt a little experiment: I load 15mg on top of some cannabis ash and smoke it. I feel a mild increase in effects shortly but not much, hard to tell if it's more than placebo.
t+ 1hr: I'm feeling great, and in my euphoric stupor, I plug 15mg. Within 15 minutes, I'm feeling soooooo nice and floaty and warm. I actually start to nod a bit. I'm getting some nystagmus.
t+ 1:30: I rail another 20mg. In 20 minutes, I'm nodding the hell out. I feel warm, itchy, wonderful, cuddly, sooo sleepy, it's beautiful. I watch some "Making a Murderer," not really understanding what's going on but loving it all the same. Everything is so funny and amusing.

At this point I smoke a few bowls of some midgrade cannabis. Everything is smoothed out a bit, I still feel wonderful. I listen to some Radiohead and drift off into easy sleep while enjoying the waves of sound lapping over my warm, soft body.

Conclusion: If you have a heavy opiate tolerance, I imagine there wouldn't be much to see here. For someone that's opiate naive, this was extremely pleasant and wonderful. Of the 4 ROAs attempted that night (oral, insufflation, rectal and smoking) the former 3 definitely worked, to great effect, and the smoking may have worked as well, although I'm not 100% sure on that. Not disappointing at all! Definitely better than tramadol, which I also enjoy. :)