Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NZ party pill millionaire dies

bustabraincell

Bluelighter
I found this on the NZ Herald Web site today....

Party pill millionaire 'loses battle with depression', aged 31
12:09PM Thursday October 04, 2007
By Elizabeth Binning and Alanah May Eriksen

04logan-millar.jpg

Logan Millar. File photo

Party pill millionaire Logan Millar has died after suffering from depression, his family say.

He was aged 31.

Family spokesman Mark Beaumont said this morning: "Yesterday following a struggle of some months, Logan Millar lost his battle with depression.

"Family and friends are totally devastated with this loss and ask the media to please respect our privacy at this time."

Mr Millar was the director of Advanced Herbal Supplements, which was incorporated in 2000 and produced a range of pills including Charge, Red Hearts and Ice Diamonds.

He was adamant party pills should stay legal. In December he warned that banning the active ingredient, benzylpiperazine (BZP), would only push the industry underground.

Mr Millar was considered the king of the party pill trade by some and had made millions. He employed 16 staff.

Before getting into party pills, he was selling a herbal sex aid, Charge, and caffeine pills.

His fleet of luxury vehicles included a 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo, costing more than $500,000, and a 2003 Jaguar Model S, valued at more than $130,000.

He dated model Nicky Watson in August last year after splitting with his girlfriend of five years, Miss Erotica Michaiah Simmons.

Matt Bowden, chairman of Social Tonics Association of NZ and a close friend, said the death was a shock.

"He was a really giving person, had a lot of friends, really looked after his friends, always fun."

Mr Millar is believed to have lived on the North Shore.

Police said they attended a sudden, non-suspicious death on the Shore yesterday afternoon but said they could not name the person until next of kin were contacted.

NZ Herald

[EDIT: Just fixing up the formatting. hoptis]

Wow...I used to see this guy driving around all the time. One of his number plates is BZP

Don't mean to offend, but what does losing a battle with depression mean? Suicide?

No offense taken splatt, but I would say so...as far as i know depression is rarely fatal on its own...I never met the dude, but he was a friend of a friend...and is entirely possible that his brain imploded.8o

^^Depression is NOT fatal on its own, it is 100% psychological.

This sucks to hear, its always a shame to hear of someone so depressed they want to die.

RIP buddy

Splatt said:
Don't mean to offend, but what does losing a battle with depression mean? Suicide?

Yeah; given that it says 'police attended a sudden, non-suspicious death', it'd have to be suicide. There's fairly strong media self-regulation of reporting suicide in NZ, so that would explain why they don't come out and say it.

RIP dude.

/pours out a bottle of Red Hearts.

Jesus, goes to show, even millionaire drug dealers, legal ones.. suffer from the same problems that the rest of us do - and money will not heal your pain.

Poor bloke, I'm currently seeking treatment for anxiety and depression and I know what this guy is going through.

Well done that he got as far as he did. He's a role model to people like me who thought money was the answer.

Reading more into it, The guy sounds alot like me. Carefree when around his mates - but at war with his own head when alone or at times of stress.

I'm sure Splatt can also relate.

Rest in peace brother.

hmmm by the sounds of it he was quite committed to keeping BZP legal, hoping there is someone else around with the same level of intelligence and motivation to continue fighting :) R.I.P

on_the_rise_5 said:
hmmm by the sounds of it he was quite committed to keeping BZP legal, hoping there is someone else around with the same level of intelligence and motivation to continue fighting :) R.I.P

Well it was in his best business interests to do so. Never had BZP based bills but heard they were shit.

$500,000 for a Lamborghini Gallardo? That's way overvalued.

Sad news none the less. Must have been suicide :(

I read an article in The NZ herald on sunday. I really dont know why he killed himself...he was sleeping with Nicky Watson and Michaiah someone...in the same bed

Took too much P or blow with BZP profits? Who knows?
Maybe he felt guilty about selling piperazines, maybe he had real mental issues. No one knows unless he wrote a letter

I feel for the guy, most of us have probably been in this mindstate, and if you haven't, consider yourself lucky.

on_the_rise_5 said:

Yeah, STANZ have got a legal challenge to the Misuse of Drugs Amendment Act; they've got a top law firm representing them. I think they'll probably lose, but at least they're trying.

Hi

Logan was a close personal friend, he got into this business as I did because we saw some rotten things happen in our country, people losing their lives and going crazy on "P" here. We changed that and took on our government and worked with them on an industry led restructuring of the drug laws and caused everybody in our country to stop and think about drug prohibition and many of them changed their minds.

The work we did with Logan caused the development of the world's first special drug schedule for recreational drugs to be regulated properly instead of just legalised or criminalised. We note that other countries are now following the steps we took out of prohibition thanks to the work of Logan and others.

l_b6d1182c60d447eb467e4b0c71c16f1a.jpg

Here is a pic of me and Logan out on his boat with my family one day.

We had so many good times, Logan is the sort of person that would invite all of you lot back to his mansion and put on the best party you'd ever been to in your lives. He was successful in business but as a person was incredibly giving and generous to a fault.

He was happiest when he was helping other people achieve their dreams and when he saw other people enjoying the success he generated.

What happened to him was genuine illness that got worse over time.

[responses:
1: He didn't use "P" - he detested it. He wasn't into taking BZP either.
2: He wasn't unhappy he was unwell.
3: His number plates were normally sequences of O and Q, not BZP, that's somebody else!]

Sorry to jump to cnnclusons but if I was that rish I would be blowing money on drugs.